So you are at the car rental counter and you have decided which car you want to rent and whether you want to get additional insurance or not. There is still one more thing you need to decide; whether to pre pay for gas or not. Though it is touted to be a great advantage by the car rental companies, it means different things for car renters. Some find it very convenient whereas for some it is a complete no-no!
While the car rental companies say, it is great option since you don't have to worry about topping the tank when you return the car, for many it is a money maker for the rental company. Car rental Wembley can be very expensive, if you don't make the right decision. Just like deciding whether you need additional insurance or not, it is crucial to decide whether you want to pre-pay for gas or not.
Should You Pre-Pay for Gas? Think Again!
Most of the sales person behind the counter at the car rental office will push you to pay upfront for gas. Why? It is a great opportunity for them to make some money. The car rental agency would justify that they offer the pre-paid gas at prices lower than the local gas stations, but there are many things that are not revealed to the renters.
Firstly, in most cases the gas prices were either higher or equal to that of the local gas stations. There are almost no car rental agencies that offer gas at lower prices.
Secondly, the prices quoted by the rental agencies were the pre-tax rates, unlike the local gas stations where the rates are inclusive of the taxes. Pre-paid gas is also subject to higher tax rates which means the prices would automatically become more than what you get at the gas station. You'll be charged extra if you hire the car from the airport. It is true that the car rental companies won't be able to put this amount into their pockets, but it is not even good on their part to misguide people. There should be enough transparency.
Thirdly, even if a car rental company offers pre-paid gas at cheaper rates, it is almost impossible for you to return the car with an empty tank. Even if you return the car with one-fourth or one-third tank, it is a gain for them.
A Final Thought
So it is always good to fill up the tank before returning the car. But if you choose fill the tank when returning, make sure you do so. In case you forget, you will have to pay huge compensations and that would be higher than what you had to pre-pay.
By making the right decision, you can make sure that your car rental Wembley is both affordable and smooth. So know what options are available to you and do your own homework before you reach the counter. If you have decided not to pre-pay stick to your point, make sure you fill the tank before returning the car.
If you need to take your girlfriend out for a long drive renting a short term car can help you save money and avoid insurance hassles. Numerous car rental companies have emerged over the years. Car rentals have become easier with car categories breakdown along with a full vehicle fleet guides to help people make their choice. Besides, there are features such as flexible rental terms. In some cases you may have the freedom to rent a car as per your need and convenience, sometimes even for a short term.
Here is a look at some of the advantages offered by a short term car rental Wembley service provider-
1. You get a new car straight from the factory.
2. You save money because short-term leases aren't subject to VAT (value-added tax), which typically ranges from 16 to 21 percent for car rentals.
3. You get full comprehensive insurance, with no deductible and no extra charges.
4. You can pick up your car at one location and drop it off at another if you wish.
5. Age limits are minimal. Most car rental Wembleywill lease to licensed drivers over the age of 18, with no maximum age. This is in contrast to many rental firms who won't do business with young drivers or adults over 70.
Apart from the above mentioned pointers there are other benefits too-
1. No Long-Term Commitment- Renting is advantageous for people who know they will not need or want the car for a considerable time period. For example, someone who expects to move every few years for work might opt to lease a car rather than deal with the hassle of moving and re-registering the car in each new location. Besides in case if you are planning for short vacations, trips or long drives renting a car is the best option.
2. Lesser maintenance and repair- Since the rented car is typically brand new, the chance of serious maintenance or repair issues coming up is fairly small. In most cases, the car remains under the manufacturer's warranty for the entire period of the rent which means that you are not responsible for any payments that an owner would have to abide by.
3. Less monthly cost- Rental payments are lower, sometimes substantially lower, than loan payments for the same vehicle, and there are often no upfront charges, such as the down payment required when purchasing. For some people, this is the bottom line
Numerous companies like Yes Car Rentals offer a wide fleet of cars available for hire. It has deals and offers to suit the need and budget of all.
So next time you are planning a family vacation or taking your girlfriend out for a drive a short term car rental is the best choice. Even though, whether or not to rent a car comes down to a personal decision, the most important thing is to keep the eye on the objective and find the best transportation solution given one's situation and interests.
For anyone who is moving house it can be an extremely stressful and tedious process from going ahead with handing the house over, packing all your belongings into little boxes and then moving these to the new house and unloading. It can be even more confusing when deciding what vehicle to choose to actually move all your stuff. With a fleet of cheap car hire services in Wembley you shall be spoilt for choice when it would come to selecting your van for moving your belongings to your new home. Vans come in a variety of shapes and sizes but it is totally dependent on your need as to which one to hire.
Nowadays the concept of personally going to your new place in your own car to deposit your things is not feasible anymore. Also with the advent of numerous car hire services which offer variety and affordable pricing, renting a van is the best option.If it is your first house and you require to move a small load and a few boxes of things which are not going to fit into a car band you do need to transport then you need to take a look at smaller options which are widely offered by a number of cheap car hire services in Wembley. These are highly suitable and have an approximate load area of around 1.7 metres long by 1.5 metres wide and1.2 metres tall.
Once you know which van is right for you all you need to ensure that you pack your belongings properly to ensure that your items are transported without being damaged. Yescar rentals are one of the most sought after van hire service providers in Wembley. Not only do we offer affordable pricing to suit the budget of our customers, we have a fleet of vans for you to choose from.
Some general Tips to help you in the process of packing are-
• If possible, dismantle your furniture. Protect damageable surfaces with pads. • Defrost your refrigerator. Protect upholstery with plastic covers. • Hang your clothes on hangers or lay it flat in wardrobe boxes. • Pack electrical goods separately and upright in boxes. Place plants in large boxes.
And don't forget to label all your boxes with their content and where they need to be placed in your new home. This will make it a lot easier when unloading.
Once your goods are delivered here are some basic tips to help you unfold-
• Park your van as close as possible to where you will be loading from. • Check that the door you will be loading from allows you enough room. • Place mattresses, upholstery and tables on their sides against the wall. • Place heavy boxes on the bottom, and lighter ones on top of them.
Make your checklist and go through it carefully before moving ahead with your shifting plans. Conduct your homework properly about the van hire service providers and choose the ones that give the best deal. You may also go by recommendations to ensure your shifting process a smooth one.
Nowadays with the eventual rise in the cost of living, it is practically impossible to own cars in UK. At the same time, having a car at your disposal is required as well. Renting cars have always been convenient over owing them. They give the sense of ownership of cars for a certain period of time without having to take additional responsibilities for the same. You can have your peace of mind and freedom as well. People have chosen this trend because of the convenience it offers. It reduces the burden of maintenance, insurance and depreciation drastically.
However there can be various instances where you can be taken for a ride in the process of renting if you have not conducted your ground study effectively. Wembley in the UK is one of the prime locations where the trend of renting cars is predominant. It is because Wembley is a residential area besides having number of places to visit like the Wembley Arena, St.Stephen's Church, Wembley Stadium, Barham Park to name a few, that car rental Wembley is gaining more and more precedence over other locations.Here are some of the insights on the hidden costs associated with car rentals-
1. Various car rental agencies would charge the administration fees with various names and at various points of the rental tenure. Like if you meet an accident while driving the rental car, the repair bill will be taken care of by the insurer, but you might have to pay the administration fees, charged by the rental agency. And this can add hundreds of dollar to your rental bill.
2. Many car rental Wembley agencies will eventually delay the process to go beyond the period of claiming the insurance, so that they can suck up an excess amount from you. So be careful. Ensure to complete all the formalities within the cap period. Also make sure all the details of the repair costs and administration fees are clearly mentioned in the documents.
3. Sometimes you may have to pay hefty administration fees while you pass through electronic toll booths. Ideally these charges are billed in name of the rental agency, but most car rental Wembley agencies shall have them billed against your rental bill. It takes quite some time in settling these out.
4. Other hidden costs may include Registration Recovery Fees, Surcharges for Credit Card Payments, booking cancellation fees, one way rental surcharge, early return and late return fees. None of these are mentioned to you at the time of agreement. So guard against them and get yourself properly clarified in order to prevent yourself from falling prey to their traps.
There are innumerable car rental services to choose from. You may check YesCarRental, a well reputed car rental service provider in London, with a wide fleet of cars available for hire.
While renting cars few people are lucky to have everything in place and have the best car rental experience. Something or the other has to go wrong and most of the time one thing that messes up everything is the hidden cost. Hence do your research to make your experience a comfortable one.
A lot of effort is needed to make a wedding successful and arranging for suitable transportation is one of the most essential undertakings. It is evident that you and your family members would be very busy on this special day, so it is best to start planning everything well in advance. Right from the venue, to the caterer and the car hire, everything should be planned in advance.
The reality however is different. Most people forget about arranging for the wedding transportation or leave it for the last minute. This leads to a number of confusions and probability of making mistakes with car hire in Greenfordis highest. You want your wedding day to be the most special and memorable day in your life, so make sure you avoid the following mistakes with your wedding car rental.Hiring from Individuals
Hiring from an individual may help you save quite a lot of money but individuals may not be able to offer professional services. Hiring a car from a professional car rental company like YesCarRental gives you peace of mind on your special day, since you don't have to worry about delayed arrival, sudden break-down, etc. Even if something goes wrong the car rental companies would have alternatives to handle the situation.Not Reading the Contract
It is necessary that you read the car hire contract thoroughly. It is quite evident that you will be excited and worried about other important things during your wedding, but you should never skim through the contract. Take time to read the contract and check whether any ambiguous clause is included. All the details regarding the pick-up location, date, time, etc. should be clearly mentioned. If any clause seems unclear, ask for a clarification. Do not sign the contract until everything is clear to you.Wrong Time Management
If you are willing to use the same for number of purposes, it is necessary that you time everything correctly. Add 10-15 minutes to each interval as a cap time, so even if the car gets stuck in traffic you will have time to make up the delay.Making Choices Based on Price Only
No doubt budget is an important factor when it comes to planning a wedding, but you should never make choices based on price only. Cheap price never indicate you are getting the best deals, rather you might be messing up things. Cheap car rentals often mean you have to compromise with the condition of the car, you can also expect below average services and chances are there will be a lot of hidden costs.
So instead of looking at the prices, check the services that are offered in the quoted price. This way you can get the best value of the money you spend.Not Asking for Recommendations
To ensure you get the best wedding car rental, it is good to ask your friends and family for recommendations. If you have hired a wedding planner, you can ask them as well. Instead of embarking on a search for good car rental companies, you can save a lot of time by asking your friends and family.
Weddings are meant to the most special day in one's life, so don't allow your day to get ruined due to a bad choice. Start planning ahead and make sure you avoid all the above mentioned wedding car hire mistakes.
Car hire is an integral part of our life and there are times when we can't do without a car rental. Think of a situation when your car has landed in the repair shop or when you need to drop your daughter at the new college – the first thing that comes across your mind is a car rental.
There are many benefits of hiring a car over driving your own car, so car hire Wembley is becoming a part of our everyday life. There is no worrying about maintenance, no worries about repairs and you don't even have to worry by the depreciating value of the vehicle. All you do is hire a car, drive it and return it back when you're done. Those who hire cars frequently know that there are a lot of rumours about car hire myths which might frighten people who don't rent a car frequently. Some of the most common myths are busted in the following section:Car Rental Scams? They are Past!
Even though car rental companies try their level best to make the car hire experience peaceful and friendly, not everyone is lucky to go through such a soothing experience. Oftentimes customers are scammed by car rental companies; they are charged highly and a number of hidden costs are added to their rental bills.
To avoid all kinds of car rental scams it is necessary that you communicate clearly with the car rental agency and let them know your expectations. Only transparency in communication can assure a hassle-free car rental experience.Vehicle Inspection before Hiring
When talking about car hiring best practices, this comes on top. Most car rental companies claim that they allow their customers to check the condition of the car before hiring, but in reality the customers seldom get a chance to do that. There has been a lot of hullaballoo about vehicle inspection among the customers and car rental companies.
To ensure you have a good car rental experience, you should the condition of the car thoroughly. If you find minor damages, click photos and keep them for future reference. If possible the damages in notice of the car rental staffs. Ask as many questions as you can such as, what if you spot a damage after renting the car? What extent of natural wear and tear is acceptable? How much will you be charged is there are minor damages? Etc.Unexpected Hail Damages
In many cases, car rental companies charge heavily customers for hail damages. Even though these damages are not visible to naked eyes, the rental companies leave no chance to maximizetheir profits. So it is urgent that you consider the weather conditions before hiring a car.
If you have to hire a car when you're expecting hail, you must enquire about the damage checking process, how much money you'll be charged in case of damages, how you will make sure the damages were caused by you, etc.
No one wants to get into a dispute regarding their car rental, so it is very essential that you communicate clearly and read the car rental policies thoroughly. Being honest is the key to a glitch free experience for both the car rental company and the car hire Wembley customers.
Attending college can be very exciting – new surroundings, new friends and a new course of life. But there are some hard parts as well – you may be leaving your home for the first time, you will have to adjust yourself to the dorm life and adjust to the new environment as well. One more thing that you need to think about is moving your belongings to the college dorm or the apartment you rented.
No matter how well you plan, things can become very confusing when you actually start packing and moving things. First of all, you have to sort out the things you want to take and the ones you want to leave back. Remember, you can't take the entire home with you. So you need pack only the essential things that you can't do without. Once you have sorted out the things, start packing them securely in suitcases, cartons and trunks. Pack all the things carefully and label each box (with your name and address) on both sides. Carry a few things that you'll need during the first 2 to 3 dayswith you.
When the packing is done, you need to think about ways in which you can move your things to the new destination. There are several options, and you have to choose the one that fits you perfectly.Rent a Car
Many students choose to move their things on their own by renting a car. This is perfect for students who don't have too many things to be moved. Moving your belongings by car is also the cheapest way to shift your belongings to a new place, unless you are moving overseas.
But, if you are under 21years then you might have difficulty hiring a car. Many car rental companies forbid 21 years old car hire options since young drivers are considered high risk customers. Most accidents and car damages are reported by young drivers, so the car rental companies are reluctant to hire their cars to young drivers. Even if you manage to hire a car, be prepared to pay high surcharges. If you want to keep things cheap, you can hire a car in your dad's name and ask him to drive you to college.Moving Things by Bus
If you are not able to find any 21 years old car hire deals, then the second most suitable choice is moving things by bus. You can either carry your belongings in the same bus you are travelling or choose a bus cargo, while you move to the new place via train, plane or some other bus services.Rent a Truck
This is recommended for students who are moving into an apartment and shifting many things at a time. Remember, trucks and vans are available in many sizes, so choose the one that will accommodate things perfectly. If many of your friends are moving to the same destination, you can hire a large truck and share the cost as well. You can also opt to hire a van and move things yourself. But similar to car rental, you may have problems hiring a truck or van, if you're 21years old or younger.Moving Things by Plane
This is the most expensive option. If you are moving overseas, then this might be the only way to move things. If you are moving things by plane, you need to be very organized – pack things carefully, label properly and make sure you reach the destination before your belongings are delivered.
Planning and organization can minimize the amount of confusion and stress while moving, so make sure you have a good idea of the things you want to carry and the options available to move the things. Plan ahead and enjoy packing!
Eid-al-Fitr is celebrated by the Muslims all round the world, which marks the end of the month-long fast of Ramadan. This is the happiest time of the year for the Muslims who meet friends and family to share good wishes and gifts. Eid-al-Fitr is celebrated across London and special arrangements are made at the Trafalgar Square. Quran recitations, market stalls, food stalls offering Malaysian, Turkish, Egyptian, Lebanese, Indonesian, South Asian and Arabic cuisines are set up, music performances and special guest appearances are organized. Not only Muslims people of all religious faiths come here to enjoy the festive spirits.Tips for Finding Cheap Eid Car Rental Deals
Car rentals are an important aspect of any festive season, so it is no different during Eid. A lot of Muslim families hire cars during Eid, since they have to go round the city to visit their loved ones and take out children for outings. Young Muslims hire luxury cars to hit the road in style. So whether you want to hire a car to take your family around or go round the city with your friends, you need to find the right car rental deal.
Most car rental companies would offer heavy discounts and special packages during Eid, so you need to shop around to get the best deal. As with any other festive season, you got to look for Eid car rentals in advance to get the car of your choice. Here are some tips to help you find the best car rental deals:Get Quotes
Ask for online quotes from several car rental companies in your area. This way you can compare rates and services and make a final decision. You will also know about the discounts offered to you.Compare Daily Rates
Ideally, people hire car on a daily basis during Eid, so it is wise to check the daily rates. If you start looking for rental cars in advance, you will have enough time to check the daily rates from various car rental companies. Avoid booking car rental during weekend, since the rental rates tend to go up considerably during the festive season. If possible negotiate rates and ask for special discounts.Look for e-Coupons
e-Coupons are available for many car rental companies on various websites, so if you want to save money on your Eid car rental, then you should devote some time to search the Internet for such coupons. Coupons are available for a specific period of time and help to lower the rental costs by 25%. Car rental companies also offer “early bird” discounts, so the earlier you book, the better are the chances to get a discount.Special Warning for Young Drivers for Eid
There has been an on-going trend of hiring high-performance cars during Eid, mostly by young Asian drivers. Cases of reckless driving and tragic accidents are reported during the festive seasons and the numbers are higher than any other time of the year. Reckless driving puts the life of road users and pedestrians in danger along with those travelling in the car.
The most common reasons for such reckless driving are inexperience, show off, and not wearing seat belts. It is heart-breaking to know that so many innocent lives are put at risk during such happy times. So it is essential that you drive safely and keep yourself as well as others safe.
Remember, there will be too much crowd on the streets, so stick to the driving rules and regulations. If you are hiring a high-performance car, make sure you have enough experience to drive such type of cars. Better hire cars that you have been driving and are confident about.
Go around the city safely and celebrate Eid with your friends and family in the most special way. This is one of the most auspicious times of the year, so it is essential that you think of others and spread the message of love.
The New Year is fast approaching and sure you have started planning your holiday by this time. Yes, New Year is the best party time and you should make the most of it. Get in touch with friends and family and plan a grand New Year party at your place. New Year means you will visit many family members to exchange gifts and wish them a happy and prosperous new year ahead. But that means may have to drive long distances.
No worries! Even the car rental companies join the merriment of the festive season and offer attractive deals and discounts to make your holiday even more special and memorable. You can either get in touch with a car rental company directly or check out deals on online websites offering car rental deals and discounts. Whether you are going out on a long holiday or planning a night out with your friends you can find a car that perfectly suits your requirements. But since this is a special time of the year, you will be eager to get the best – so instead of settling for a normal car, try out a luxury car.
Gather all your friends and hit the road in style. You can also arrange for a car party and enjoy while the chauffeur takes you round the city. Remember, a lot of people will be hiring cars and many of them will be drunk while driving, so if you are driving the rental car yourself, make sure you obey all the traffic rules and drive safely so that neither you nor your friends or family have to face mishaps.
Even though everyone is in a happy mood and most car rental companies would also try to make yourholidays special, not everyone out there has similar intentions. Many people with ill intentions set up scams and rob people off their belongings, so be very careful when hiring a car. Check out car rentals from well known and reputed car rental companies. Even though you choose a local car rental company, it should have good reputations.
Haven't started looking for a car rental yet? It's time you start searching for one, since the holidays are a peak time for car rental companies and bookings come in very fast. So start shopping around for a car rental before you run out of options. To know everything about New Year car rentals, keep reading!Top Reasons to Hire Limousine on New Year's Eve
With the New Year knocking at the door, there are a lot of fun events going around the town that you and your friends & family would love to experience. Right from Christmas the festive mood is set and it continues up to the New Year.
It is that time of the year, when you say goodbye to all the bad memories and welcome a whole new year with whole new anticipations. So welcome the New Year in style and make the best memories with your loved ones. While everyone is busy enjoying the festive season, one aspect often gets overlooked – the New Year car rental. Hiring a car and a chauffeur is often considered to be expensive and people shy away from this idea. But when you consider the benefits, you surely will go ahead and book a car for yourself.Types of Cars Available for New Year Rentals
Depending upon the number of people and the class of people you have invited, you will have to hire a car. Ideally if you have a few number of high profile guests, you can go ahead with a limousine to take them around. But if you plan to party with a large group of friends, hiring a party bus will be the best option. A party bus is a larger vehicle and you can also organize a party inside the party bus.
Party buses are large enough, so you can arrange for music, dancing, cocktails and a lot more. Party buses can be hired for both large and small groups. But remember, there would be a huge demand for party special vehicles, so make sure you book a party bus in advance.Reasons for Hiring a Luxury Limo on the New Year's Eve
Hiring a limo for the New Year's Eve is essential since you don't have to take the pain of driving through the crowded streets, find parking space and walk all the way from the parking to the party spot. Moreover, if you are planning to attend some of the most high profile parties of the town, you need to think of ways to enter the party ground in style.
If you want to celebrate the New Year in style and make the most out of your investment for car rentals, you should hire a luxury limo. Surprised? You should not. Even though you think this would be extravagant luxury, at times hiring a luxury can actually be beneficial. Wondering how? Here are some reasons:More Space More Fun
Limos are larger than normal cars, so you can accommodate more people. More people mean more fun. By hiring a luxury limo you can take the party along with you, wherever you go. Settling for a small car might mean you have to forcefully leave behind some of your friends due to lack of space. But with a luxury limo, you will have to face no such problems.Money Saver
Most people consider luxury limo rentals to be very expensive, but in many cases it is actually a lot cheaper than hiring a number of compact cars. In most cases, people go around in large groups during the New Year. Hiring many cars means you will have to spend more on gas, parking and tolls. Moreover you can lose co-ordination and waste time co-ordinating with the rest of the people. Having a lot of drivers can also lead to certain problems. Not everyone is courteous and well behaved. So having one car and one well behaved driver is better than having to tackle with many rogue drivers.
Sharing the limo rental costs among a large group brings down the cost considerably. Similarly the gas and toll costs also get shared and a luxury limo rental becomes a viable option; more affordable than driving s car yourself or moving around in taxis or public transportation. Hiring a limo also saves you from DUI and saves thousands of dollars for handling legal issues.Plan According to Your Needs
Hiring a car or luxury limo allows you to party as long as you want. Public transportation is available only for a specific time period and driving your own car means you will have to hold yourself back from letting loose. Having a chauffeur driven luxury limo means you have someone to drop you back home, no matter how late it is and how much drunk you are.A Safer Option
The number of accidents increases to a great extent during the party season, due to drink and drive cases. New Year parties means munching on delicious snacks and gulping your favourite drinks, so you can hardly resist from letting yourself loose. So instead of risking your life, consider hiring a chauffeur driven limo and getting back home safely.
Celebrate this New Year in style and ensure everyone celebrating along with you is safe. Make smart choices and take your party to the next level along with saving money. There are a myriad of choices when it comes to New Year car rentals, so choose the right car and have a blast!New Year Safe Driving Tips
Who wants to stay back at home on the dazzling New Year's Eve? Sure you will go out and have the best time of your life but remember it is full of risks as well. A lot of drunken people on the roads and drunk and drive cases lead to deadly accidents. Hundreds of accidents are reported by the automobile associations of respective countries every year.
The best advice for those willing to drive on the New Years will be "Don't Drive At All", but not many people are going to take it positively. Instead, think of hiring a chauffeur driven car so that you can move around the city without worries.
Welcome the New Year with a smile in a happy and safe manner along with friends and family. Here are some New Year safe driving tips for those who are willing to rent a car to move from one point to the other on the special eve.1. Hire a Car or a Sober Driver
If you are hosting a party at your place then you don't have much to worry about; but if you are heading towards a hotel or a friend's place to celebrate the evening, you should avoid driving under all circumstances. You can spend the night at your friend's place and get back home the next morning; if that is not what you want to do you can arrange for a rental car with a driver in advance, who can drive you home. If you wish to take your own car, hire a sober driver who will be at your service for the evening, till you get back home safely.
If you are hosting a party at your place consider serving non-alcoholic drinks. If that's not a choice make sure none of your friends drive after drinking.Arrange for a drop-off for your friends or call their home and ask someone to pick them up from their place. You don't want your friends and loved ones to get hurt, so stay alert.2. Move in Groups
This is quite obvious, but this needs to be mentioned. It is always good to move in groups during the New Year's Eve. Streets become unsafe and mishaps keep happening. If you are moving in groups, you will have some to help you. Even if your car breaks down in the middle of the road, someone or the other will be able to get help and get the car moving again.
Also make sure you plan out your journey well ahead of time. Each corner of the city will be crowded and it can be difficult to make way if you don't already know where to head. Use maps or map applications on your smartphone to ensure you move in the right direction.3. Think of Alternative Ways to get Back Home
No matter how well you plan your evening, things can go upside down any moment. What if your driver has to leave due to an emergency and all the car rental companies run out of cars? These are common problems that people face during rush hours like the New Year's Eve, so it is always good to have alternative options ready.
Stay connected with close friends and family members. Keep their contact numbers in your wallet or purse, so that people can get in touch with them whenever required. Keep contact numbers of people who can come down to pick you in case you are in trouble. Also make sure you have your mobile phone and enough money so that you can hire a car or get a taxi even if they charge higher rates. In case you take a taxi, make sure a friend accompanies you since boarding a taxi alone on the New Year's Eve can be dangerous.
Even if it is essential for you to stay alert, you must enjoy the night to the fullest. Visit your favourite places, hit the best party clubs and don't forget to take your friends along. Make sure you care and support each other whenever in trouble. Before you move out your home on the New Year's Eve, have Plan A, B, C and so on, so that you have an alternative plan if one fails. The New Year is supposed to be a new start for everything, so make sure you move into the New Year safely.New Year Car Rental Resolutions for 2016
As you welcome the 2016, it is time to make fresh resolutions for the brand new year. While your friends will be engaged in making the same old boring resolutions, you can consider trying out some new and interesting resolutions.
Car hire surely does not come to your mind when thinking about New Year resolutions, but since car rental is such a vital aspect of our life, we should take some car rental resolutions this year. Here are some innovative and interesting car rental resolutions that you can consider in the coming year:1. Try a new type of car
You may be obsessed with a single type of car and have never moved out of it. So as you welcome the New Year, promise yourself to try out a new type of car. Maybe you have been driving a compact car all through your life, so you can drive a hatchback or a muscle car. Bring back the spice in life. Move out of your comfort zone and try out something new.2. Hire a car and drive out just like that
Most of us hire cars only when we need it. Have you ever hired a car and gone out for a drive, just for the sake of it. Not yet? Try it this year. You don't always need to have a plan. Just drive you car and start exploring a new road and see where it leads you. Take some of your friends along or at least your adventure companion to make the drive even more interesting.3. Go out on an adventure trip
Have been planning an adventure trip for a long time? Make the plan work this year. Pack your bags, call upon your friends and get going. Choose the most adventurous route and set out to achieve your dreams. A road trip is a must for all petrolheads, so why not make this year special and memorable by going out on an adventure trip.
Sure you are already feeling tempted to make these resolutions for the coming year. Yes these can spice up your life but to accomplish your goals, you need to hire the right kind of car from the right car rental company. It is good not to take your own car for a long adventurous trip, since you never know what lies further down the road. Ideally, all the car rental companies offer on-the-road emergency services, so you will have help at hand in case your car breaks down. But if you drive your own car, you may have to walk miles to get help.
Just like you even the car rental companies make New Year resolutions so that they can serve their clients better and increase the satisfaction level as well as the client list. Though resolutions of the car rental companies differ from company to company, there are always some resolutions in common, which are as follows:
• Rate Transparency: most well known and reputed car rental companies swear to maintain transparency in the car rental rates. So when you enquire about the rates, you will not be told about base rates, but the total cost including the taxes and mandatory extra charges.
• Add New Cars to the Fleet: To serve the clients better it is important to have new and well maintained cars, so that the renters have the best rental experience. Adding new types of cars to the fleet will offer the clients with better choices, so most of the rental companies will be busy adding new cars to their fleet.
• Stop Levying Unnecessary Charges: Many car renters will be happy if the extra charges like additional driver fees, toll charges, etc. are eliminated. So the car rental companies might also think about removing such unnecessary charges.
•Eliminating the Full Tank Policy: Most rental companies prefer charging upfront for a full tank. This is one method to maximize the profits for the car rental company. So it is good if the car rental companies can revise this policy and place something better in its place.
After all it is New Year and everyone should have some reason to become happy. So while you promise to take good care of the rental cars and drive safely, the rental companies will pledge to offer you the best services possible.Holiday Car Rental Tips
So you have planned out your holiday – made the ticket reservations and booked the accommodation as well. What are left with? Just the car rental! Remember, car rental becomes a lot more expensive during the festive season so you need to have a plan which will prevent you from paying excess money.
Renting a car in the last moment or renting a car from the airport are common mistakes renters make, which ultimately result in sky rocketing rental bills. To make things easier and smoother for you, here are some holiday car rental tips:Get Your Own Car Rental Insurance
Buying insurance from rental companies is always expensive and it becomes even more expensive during the festive season. So it is recommended that you buy your insurance from a 3rd party at a reasonable rate and use it whenever you need to.Beware of Fuel Policies
This is a tricky one – you either have to pay upfront for a full tank and return the car with an empty tank or fill the tank before returning the car. Identify which one suits you the best and make sure you stick to it completely.Carry All Extras
When going out for a long drive or a holiday, you need some extra things like SatNavs, childseats, etc. but to avoid paying extra you should carry all the extras yourself.Make Payments via Your Credit Cards
All reputed car rental companies urge their clients to make their payments through credit cards, so that in case there are problems, you can get them sorted out easily. In case, any car rental company asks to pay in cash, move out of their office immediately.Check Holiday Car Rental Deals Very Well
A lot of holiday car rental deals are advertised during the Christmas and New Year period, but before making the bookings, check out the deals inside out and be very careful about scams. Deals that seem too good to be true, they actually are. So believe your gut feeling and stay safe.
Whenever looking for holiday car rental deals, make sure you compare rates and get the best deals. Also make sure you work with reputed and experienced car rental companies only. Emerging companies might not be able to provide you with satisfactory services. So to get the best value of the money you spend towards renting a car, locate the best car rental company in your area.
Another important advice would be to make the bookings in advance. This is true for any holiday season. Whether it is summer holidays or New Year holidays, the demand for car rentals remain very high and as a result the rental rates go up. To avoid paying excess make the booking 1 to 2 months in advance.Conclusion
New Year is no doubt the best time of the year and it is the time to forget all sorrows. Make preparations to celebrate and welcome the brand new year in the most special way. Just in the way you star planning your party well ahead of time, you should also start considering New Year car rentals well in advance.
This is the time when everyone will be looking for car rentals, so the demand for rental cars will be high. Streets remain full during New Year and hundreds of accidents are reported to DUI cases. So be very careful, if you choose to drive the car yourself. Choose the right car rental company and choose the right car, so that you don't have to face unpleasant situations (a break down or a flat tyre) in the middle of the night.
To keep yourself as well as your friends safe, you need to promise yourself that you will never drink and drive and will never allow your friends to do so as well. Hire a car or hire a sober driver who can drive you home when you are out of senses. Also keep in touch with family members, so that they can come down to rescue you if you face problems.
Finally, it is a must to make some resolutions as you move into a New Year. So try out some innovative and interesting resolutions this year. As the clock ticks 12 and you rejoice the brand new year, promise yourself that you will keep yourself and all your loved ones safe in the New Year. Be careful and plan ahead. Enjoy your holidays to the fullest and make the sweetest memories of your life that you can cherish for a lifetime!
Christmas is that time of the year when the streets in London light up, every nook and corner comes alive with decorations and people from all walks of the life and from all age groups are busy giving and receiving gifts. It is that time of the year when you can feel happiness in the air. People are either busy packing bags or busy organising parties for their loved ones.
No doubt Christmas is the best time of the year; whether it is meeting your extended family, decorating the Christmas tree or waking up to find the Christmas tree loaded with gifts – it is just like living in a fairytale world. Most of us work under pressure throughout the year and this is the time to shed off all tensions and stress and enjoy to the fullest with friends and family. So start planning your vacation right now!Things to Do in London during Christmas
If you are planning to spend Christmas in London, there is a lot you can do here. Whether you want to have fun with your family or hang around with friends, London has a lot to offer to its people and visitors coming from all around the world.
Christmas lights go up a long time before the actual Christmas celebrations begin and the Christmas tree at Trafalgar Square dresses up and gets ready by 4th December. So of you want to admire the twinkling and dazzling lights and get mesmerised by the jaw dropping decorations – get up on a double-decker bus and go round the city.
If you want to engage in something more interesting and adventurous, you can try ice skating. Most of London's well known ice rinks are open during Christmas through the New Year, so you can enjoy this festive season gliding elegantly on ice!Nothing can get you in the Christmas mood more than a Christmas carol service. If you want to hear the best Christmas carols in London, you should never miss the Carols by Candlelight at the Royal Albert Hall.
Want to spend this Christmas in the most romantic way? Take your love of the life on a Carriage Ride through the Richmond Park. Hold your hands tight while you get past the magnificent landscapes and artistic scenery. Start your day with warm refreshments, take a tour of the stables and tuck under the blanket while enjoying your carriage ride.
Some of the best and proven ways to enjoy Christmas in a mind-blowing way is to take your family for shopping followed by a gala lunch or dinner at a posh hotel in London. If you want to have a blast with your friends, the best way is to hire a car and take a tour of the city all through the night. Stop by your favourite locations and visit your favourite pub or disco – what else can you want to make your vacation special!
Whatever your plans are, one thing you must remember is that there will be a huge rush during Christmas, so driving your own car can be difficult. But that does not mean you can't have fun. Consider hiring a car and a driver and go around the city having as much fun as you want. Christmas is a peak time for car rentals so you should start planning well ahead of time and make sure you get hold of the best Christmas car rental.Christmas Car Rental Do's And Don'ts
Christmas means a lot of preparations – decorating the Christmas tree, wrapping up gifts, baking cakes & cookies and cleaning up the entire home (the toughest part). It is quite evident that people forget the most important thing – Christmas car rental since they get engaged in such household responsibilities.
Christmas is a peak time for car rentals and the demand for high quality cars surges to a point where it becomes almost impossible to get a car at the last moment. Hence, people who forget booking their rental cars in advance have to face a lot of problems finding Christmas car rental in the last minute. If you want your Christmas holidays to be memorable and enjoyable, make sure you take out some time from your busy schedule and book a car in advance.
Just in the manner you get prepared for the Christmas celebrations, it is essential that you prepare yourself for booking a Christmas car rental. Here is an easy to follow guide to book a car rental during Christmas:1. Shop Around for Best Rates
You should start shopping around for car rentals by early December. This is the time when most of the car rental companies offer attractive deals and discounts to attract early bookings. If you make advance bookings you can be lucky to win discounted rates, extra days or complimentary extras.
Car rental companies like YesCarRentals encourage early bookings since they can get an idea of the demand and this helps them to increase their fleet as and when required. Starting early also means you'll have enough time to compare rates and choose the best deal.2. Double Check Your Booking
If you have asked for extras along with your Christmas car rental, make sure you enquire about the additions quite a few times before actually driving the rental car. The car rental representatives become busier during the holiday season and it is quite possible that your request goes unnoticed. If add-ons are a must for you, make sure you double check with the rental representatives about them.3. Be Patient
In case, you forgot to book a car in advance and you have to rent a car at the last minute, you need to be patient. Many times you can find amazing last minute deals but you have to do some hard work and research a lot. If you are not so lucky, you may have to compromise with your choice and settle for a smaller or larger car.
In case you have booked a car in advance get all the receipts and printed emails, so that even if the rental representatives misplace your booking documents, you have enough proof of your booking. Carrying all the required documents and booking receipts makes the process easier and faster.
No matter what the situation is, you should never wait to book your Christmas car rental. Prepare yourself so that you can make the bookings as soon as the car rental bookings open for Christmas. The longer you wait, the longer will be the queues in front of the car rental receptions and the harder it will be to find a car of your choice. Advance booking also gives you the option to negotiate rates and find better deals. So book you car in advance to ensure you get the car of your choice.Christmas Car Rental Guide
Christmas is time to get out of your home and get going. So if you are planning to visit a new location and book a Christmas car rental, there are many things that need to be taken care of. Hiring a car during the festive season is very different from hiring a car at any other point of time.
Christmas is the most happening time of the year, so it is necessary that you plan your vacations well ahead of time to make it special and stress free. Here are some do's and dont's that will help make your Christmas car rental smooth.1. Book a Car in Advance:
This is a no brainer but the most important factor to be considered. Festive season means there will be a huge rush for car rentals so booking a car at the last moment would mean compromising with the choice of car you need. Whether you are visiting your relatives or going on a vacation, it is important to get the right type of car rental to make your journey smooth and comfortable.
The festive season is the profit making time for car rental agencies, so as the demand increases the price of the car rentals also goes up. Christmas means you will have to spend a lot on gifts, renovating your home and travelling, so it is wise to save as much as you can on your car rental.2. Hire the Right Kind of Vehicle:
if you are travelling to a different place it is essential that you consider the weather conditions during your visit. Many car rental companies allow you to book cars online and from a different location, so make sure you get to know about the climate of the place you are visiting before booking a car. If you are booking a car in London, it is equally important to check the weather forecast. If there is a possibility of snowfall, hiring a convertible can ruin your plans. So hire a car according to the weather conditions. Also before hiring a car, make sure you check the condition of the car you are hiring to ensure it can withstand the climatic conditions.3. Drive Safe:
Holiday season means having fun and this means there are a lot of drunk and drive cases which lead to accidents. Driving during the holiday season can be dangerous than other times of the year, so it is necessary that you get the appropriate insurance coverage to protect yourself from any mishaps. Shop around and get the best insurance deals to keep yourself and your family protected.
Insurance is important if you are planning to drive out of the city. Since you will be driving on unknown roads, the chances of accidents increase manifolds. A proper coverage will keep you safe from the additional costs of repair and recovery.
One more thing that you should consider during Christmas is that, there is a huge amount of traffic during this season so you need to drive very carefully. If you have plans to get drunk and have fun, consider hiring a driver along with the car rental. Having a driver to drive you around will ensure that you are safe and secured.A driver will also be able to take you to your destination within the short period of time since they know every corner of the city well.4. Look for Local Car Rental Agencies:
Hiring at the airport can become even more expensive during the festive season, so if you want to save money, it is wise to check the car rental deals with local car rental agencies. The only downside with local car rental companies is that you may not get a pick-up from the airport and you may have to travel to the car rental office in order to pick up your rental car. If you can do so, you will be able to save a lot of money.5. Deals and Discounts:
Christmas also means a lot of deals and discounts on everything including clothes, gift items and car rentals. A number of car rental companies offer special Christmas deals that can help you save a lot on car rentals, so make sure you shop around before booking your car. To find deals and discounts, check the company websites as well as the websites dealing with car rentals.
Christmas is the time to be jolly and the right car rental can make it even jollier. So if you have plans tospend an awesome time outside your home, consider booking a car much in advance. Happy and hassle-free travelling will surely make this Christmas merrier!Why Make Christmas Car Rental in Advance?
"Advance car rental bookings" during Christmas has been mentioned many times, since this is the most important factor when hiring a car during this festive season. It is not only about peace of mind, but there are a number of other factors that are associated with early bookings.
Studies show that the car rental rates almost quadruple during peak hiring seasons in certain cities and finding an appropriate car becomes harder than ever. The hike in rate is mostly due to the increased staffing costs as well as the high demand for rental cars. If you are planning to visit your extended family or friends in a different city, it is essential to hire a car on the exact dates according to your travel plans. But if you fail to rent a car in advance, you might have to compromise with your travel plans and change it according to the availability of a rental car. In worst case, you may also have to cancel all your plans.
In many cases, people have to settle for a smaller car even if they are travelling in a group which makes the journey uncomfortable or take a van for a family of four. To make your journey memorable and comfortable it is very essential that you hire the right kind of vehicle.
Booking a Christmas car rental in advance meansyou can get the best deals as well as a car according to your travelling needs. It helps you save a lot of time, money and hard work, so if you have travelling plans during Christmas, make sure you book a car at least a month in advance.Beware of Christmas Car Rental Scams
Christmas is a merry time but not everyone has good intentions. A number of people set up scams to trap people and suck up as much money as they can. A number of unscrupulous people have conned car renters by promising amazing deals on Christmas car rentals and people who have given in to such deals have lost hundreds of pounds. BVRLA, the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association has noticed that such scams are planned specifically for Christmas since this a short term peak period and it is easier to con people and get away with it.
Conmen like these set up fake website to showcase amazing deals and some even advertise with reputed publications to attract renters and prove their credibility. For instance, a car rental firm named "Rentmac" conned a large number of people by placing advertisements in the Guardian and other well known publication that promised good quality car rentals at "Xmas special" bargain rates. Many people handed over money but the deal never materialised.
This is the reason why people should be extra cautious with car rentals during the festive seasons. The BVRLA believe there can be more scams this years and it is trying best to protect the consum for past referrals, do a background check and check whether the company is a registered member of an organization or not.
It is wise to save money but you should never judge a deal based on price alone. It is quite natural that the rental rates would be bit high during the peak season, so rock bottom rates should raise an alarm naturally! Hire wisely and have a great time this Christmas.Christmas Car Rentals for Young Drivers
Apart from meeting family members, many of you can also plan an outing with your friends and if you are just out of school or college, hiring a car during Christmas can be even more difficult. As you already know, not many car rental companies are willing to rent their cars to drivers below the age of 25 years; it can become more difficult during the peak season.
Many car rental companies agree to rent out cars to young drivers so that they can have their cars running and keep up with their earnings (especially during the off seasons), while some others rent out for extra charges. But owing to the huge demand during the holiday season and the higher chances of accidents, car rental companies would shy away from renting cars to young people.
So if you want to hire a car to go out with your friends, you must start looking for a Christmas car rental much in advance, before the actual rush starts. Also, make sure you have a good driving background so that the rental company has no inhibitions renting you a car. If you want to make things easier, you can include someone senior within your group and hire the car in his/ her name.
Remember, driving during winter can be a lot tougher than driving during summers, so make sure whoever drives the car is confident enough. Also make sure you have enough back-ups in case you face mishaps in between your journey. Before hiring a car, enquire whether the car rental company offers round the clock emergency services or not.
No doubt Christmas is the time to let yourself out but you should be extra cautious if you are driving a rental car. Not only will you hurt yourself, in case you meet an accident, you will also have to pay huge compensations to the car rental company. So to make your journey enjoyable drive safe and have fun!A Final Thought
Christmas is the best time of the year and everyone is busy preparing for the celebrations. Apart from decorating the tree, lighting up your house and baking delicious cakes you will also have to take care of the Christmas car rentals.
This is one important task to be done, if you have plans to drive out of the city to meet your extended family or have fun with friends. Remember, a number of conmen set up traps during these festive to suck up money from renters, so you must be very careful while renting cars. Don't get swayed by rock bottom prices. A deal that seems too good to be true might be a trap. Avoid them and look for better deals. Also check whether the car rental company is authentic and has been there in the market for a long time. To choose the right Christmas car rental you can follow the BVRLA rules and stay away from traps.
One more important aspect of Christmas car rentals is that, you must book a car in advance, so thatyou get the best deal and the perfect car according to your travelling needs. Waiting for the last minute means you have to pay sky rocketing charges and might also have to make changes to your travel plans.
Just like you start preparing for Christmas much in advance – buy gifts for loved ones, buy decorations, clean your home – you should also start planning your vacation and car rental in advance so that you have peace of mind and are able to enjoy Christmas to the fullest. Remember the do's and don'ts when renting a car during holiday season and have a lot of fun this Christmas.
Whether you are travelling with your friends and family, obey the traffic rules and drive safe, so that each one of you make sweet memories that you can cherish throughout your life. So happy renting and merry Christmas to all of you!
There has been a sudden demand for renting cars which is rising particularly from the residential areas either with people not owning a car or with limited number of vehicles. It is more prevalent around locations away from the airport as it seems to be more convenient for commutation to both city locations and outskirts. Numerous car rental companies have emerged over the years. Car rentals have become easier with various car categories breakdown along with full vehicle fleet guides to help people make their choice.
Consumers can personalize their drive and ensure that it is comfortable, safe and fun with added features like a navigation system, winter tyres and baby car seats. Apart from this there are other features such as flexible rental terms. In such a case a person can enjoy his freedom and peace of mind by including features such as unlimited miles; sometimes a second driver and can also extend his insurance package. All this is generally useful when it comes to aself-drive car rental.
Self-DrivenCar Rental Companies
With the advent of various car rental companies across Britain, people have the scope to choose either a small town car, with automatic or manual gears, or bigger options for the need to transport a good number of people and other commodities for that matter. The entire process of renting cars too have simplified over time. With a simple click on the various links available over the internet, bookings can be made easily over time.
There is numerous online reservation systems have emerged making it easier and extremely consumer friendly and convenient. All of this has enabled consumers to compare prices and select the best suitable offer to avail off. Various online communities allow users to directly contact drivers or car rental agencies to rent their cars safely and derive money in the process.
There are numerous online apps available too to help people choose the cars and the schemes all the more easily for self-drive car rental.
Renting Cars for a Self-DriveExperience
There are numerous benefits of renting a car and driving it yourself. The below mentioned pointers shall prove the same.
1. Lesser responsibility attached towards the car.
2. You can have a temporary sense of ownership over cars that you otherwise would not have thought of owning.
3. Depending on your needs you can choose from the variety of cars on hire.
4. Sometimes in case the driving experience is good you may think of purchasing the car as well.
5. Freedom of driving as per your convenience without being time bound.
6. An experience to drive through the roads.
7. Experience local cultures.
8. Easy mode of booking and payment.
9. Lesser dependency on a driver.
10. You will have a varied driving exposure.
Tip to Help You Choose Your Car Rental Company for Self-DrivenService
The rising need to rent a car has evolved out of people Frustrated of standing in queues to avail public transport. There have been numerous situations where you have an important meeting and you have no idea when will the bus or taxis arrive. In this case you have two options, either asking a friend to drop you at the office or better hire a car.
Yes, car rentals have made life easier for many people, who have to commute on a regular basis. However it is always advised that you should do your homework while choosing from the various service providers available. While renting a car, you will need to make certain decisions, including whom to rent your car from, what kind of car to get, where to pick it up from and what is the best price to avail off. Here are certain tips that can help you in making a decision to choose a car for rent, mainly for a self-drive car rental.
1. Visit the company always. While making your research and agreeing on a particular company for hiring a car it is always important that you personally go and visit their nearest branch. In case you happen to speak to the customer care executive upfront and clarify all your doubts you shall be in a better position to decide. Evaluate your requirement and discuss all the terms to be clarified to you.
2. If you come across the customer care executive to be friendly and he has explained you not only the terms but the value added offerings too that you are entitled to get, you can make your decision to go for it. While dealing with cases of trouble a replacement car is likely to be sent across to you, in case you choose a well renowned company to hire the car from.
3. Car rental agencies offer a wide range of cars that vary in size and type. The rental fees would vary depending upon the type of cars that you choose. Compact cars are the cheapest and luxury cars like convertibles, sedans are expensive. It is advised to choose a car depending upon your travelling needs. Try and understand why you need to hire a car firstly.
4. In case you are going on a family vacation, choose a compact car that can comfortably accommodate a family of 6 or hire a 15 passenger van if you are opting for a large group to travelling together with or in cases where you may have lot of luggage. Self-drive car rentals can be due to various reasons. Not only can you hire a car for vacations, you can hire cars for business purposes, daily commuting and even for special occasions like weddings, anniversaries, dates and other similar events.
5. Generally Cancellation requests are entertained within 48 hours, in case of most rental companies. However you need to know that you cannot ask for refund of the rental service cost. In case of Situations where the entire amount was on a prepaid term, the company from which you have hired the car has rights to deduct off the amount equivalent to a sum of 3 days charge and card processing fees.
6. Most of the time, a card processing feecome under the nonrefundable price. Although protection of cancellation assures the consumer that the entire sum of money paid for the booking of the car shall be refunded back in case of aself-driven car rental, however the amount that is paid for the cancellation protection and the credit card is not included.
7. You should always opt out for paying an upfront fee for renting cars. In such cases if you happen to pay for the entire fees upfront most likely you shall end up getting a discount and paying for generally the amount that was told to you. In this way it shall prevent you from an overseas transaction fee on your credit card.
8. In case you are purchasing a collision damage waiver as insurance most likely it would be cheaper in case you pay upfront. Also it has been seen that there are typically a lot of conditions when it comes to cancelling the transaction. In such cases be wary of the cancellation fee and unless you are sure of the company's cancellation policy, you should only then take your decision for a self-driven car rental.
9. Hiring a car can be beneficial in many situations but you have to be very careful, so that you are not taken for a ride by the rental agency. Most of these rental agencies generally advertise low rental fees and cheat people by adding all kinds of hidden costs to the final rental bill to make a hefty amount.
10. Along with all the other car rental traps, the administration fees can end up making your entire travelling experience bitter. So research properly in order to avoid bad experiences. Thus you should be aware of the situations where you can be made to pay the administration fees without your knowledge.
11. It is necessary for you to understand that you are not making a decision to rent a car out of impulse. Be aware of your requirements and the purpose behind the decision. Situations where you take an irrational decision, chances are that you miss out on checking vital information which includes the condition of the car, the insurance coverage and receipts of insurance premium payments, so on and so forth.
12. While you are in the process of decision making always check through the condition of the car not only the exterior but the interior engine conditions as well. You can also take along an expert in cars who would be in a better position to judge the working condition of the car. Get all the paperwork thoroughly checked in by your lawyer. Test driving a car is also a good method of evaluation.
13. All information which is pertaining to creditcard and other related details are governed under the protection of personal data law. In case of service requests not honored between the agent and the consumer, the agent is responsible only for a limited liability for the amount accountable for agent commission and no other services.
14. In most cases of a self-driven car rentalthe agent is not responsible for reimbursement of already paid up expenses. While making a reservation, a token amount needs to be paid for initiation of the process with the rest of the balance payable at the point of delivery. However in some cases the entire amount needs to be paid off early with additional amounts payable at service delivery on account of extra fuel or kilometers travelled.
15. Always undertake a necessary background verification of the company from which you are hiring the car for a self-driven car rental. There are numerous cases of fraud reported and such things should be taken guard against. The common trait of such fraud companies is they generally opt out for a prepaid model and consumers will mandatorily have to make the entire payment before taking the car on rent.
16. In prepaid models you have to be utterly careful in cases as vital information like that of your credit/debit card details are revealed to the company. Hence make sure you take cars from established and proper firms, as it might so happen that your money will go down the drain and you may not find the car you were looking forward to hire. Always look for companies that are reputed and have been in existence for quite some time.
17. You can, of course, hire a car to drive yourself while in Britain; though for most visitors this would be an unwise choice. For visitors, a car in Britain is more of a hindrance than a help. Driving and parking can be challenging, so make sure you know where you are going or can read a map on the go! Make sure you budget in fuel and the Congestion Charge for driving in Central London. This fee is £11.50.
18. Parking can be a bit exciting, double parking is illegal where you can expect to be towed away and always be sure you pay your parking fee. It so happens that in some streets, you must pay by phone, rather than at a meter. There are also parking garages (car parks) where you pay an hourly rate to park your car.
19. Most car hire companies require a valid driver's license and a passport for ID, as well as a credit card that is embossed. There are many places you can find an affordable car to hire in London. As always, check the fine print on your rental agreement and always drive safely. Majorly all companies offer a membership loyalty scheme. This offers members to gather discount points for every service they avail. Such instances enable users to avail of the discount within a time period that they wish too.
20. Generally while making a reservation, a token amount needs to be paid for initiation of the process with the rest of the balance payable at the point of delivery. However in some cases the entire amount needs to be paid off early with additional amounts payable at service delivery on account of extra fuel or kilometers travelled. In case of service requests not honored between the agent and the consumer, the agent is responsible only for a limited liability for the amount accountable for agent commission and no other services. In most cases the agent is not responsible for reimbursement of already paid up expenses.
21. You should avoid paying for additional insurancecoverage which is just not required at all. In cases you happen to make your payment from a credit card, it will automatically pay in for anything that your personal policy does not cover. At the same time you would not have to pay for the deductibles too. Hence check through all insurance policies so that you can decline to take additional ones.
22. Unless specifically requested, rented cars will usually have a manual transmission with stick shift, or gear lever. They will run on unleaded petrol or diesel. You should never fill up a diesel car with unleaded or vice-versa as doing this is will cause major engine malfunctions and the engine will probably not start at all. Usually city diesel will be more expensive than unleaded at the pumps, but a diesel car is generally more fuel efficient. So choose a diesel car over a petrol one for self-driven car rentals particularly if your car would be used for long distance travels.
23. In case of self-driven car rentals, when you drive through Central London, you'll have to pay the Congestion Charge whether you're in a hire car or your own vehicle. One way to avoid the congestion charge is by driving an electric car. Electric Cars are available to hire across London from lots of car rental companies. In addition to the obvious environmental advantages, electric cars can cost less compared to the cost of hiring a normal car, when you take into account the savings that are possible on fuel, parking and congestion zone charges.
24. Residents or longer-stay visitors who wish to drive regularly might consider joining a car club. Car clubs give you access to a car when you need it, for a fraction of the cost of owning and running your own vehicle. With car club membership, you can access numerous vehicles located in most London areas. Members need to pre-book the car club car for a time period – anything from a few hours to several days and then pay fixed charges based on how long the vehicle was in use, mileage or petrol. 25. Book your car in advance. Rental rates are almost always higher at the counter than they will be over the phone or online, even just 24 hours before you take the car on rent. While opting for a self-driven car rental make all car rental arrangements, from booking to payment, before you leave your home country. Doing it this way generally makes the process cheaper, easier, safer and less likely to include hidden clauses. Once you are overseas, shifting exchange rates, unfamiliar rental specs, language barriers and other cultural differences can cause unexpected problems.
Which Company to Choose From?
Companies offering to hire cars are available as a standalone company located at various places or near airports. There are also various outlets available, hence consumers can book cars from whichever place they are in. Most of us start our search on a travel booking site like that Expedia. However it is but natural that you might like to determine which company's offer involves the best combination of rates with the fees and the extras that you are looking for. Even though such information is available over the internet it is easier to make a phone call to get all your questions answered. They offer quick fix solution to people who either do not own a car, or temporarily want a substitute for their primary car or may rent a car just for the purpose of exploring places. These companies offer to rent cars solely for the purpose of business and generally do not wish to offer cars on sale.
There are numerous companies available of which Yes Car Rentals offer the best solution to your needs for a self-drive car rental.It is a one stop solution for all hiring needs for cars with friendly and reliable service. It has a wide range of offers daily to choose from with a minimum locking period of 28 days for hiring a car. With a wide fleet of cars available for hire, it has deals and offers to suit the need and budget of all. It gives the option to young drivers at the age of 21 to rent cars. This is one of its most unique offerings. It mainly aims to provide service to one and all.
Common Mistakes to Avoid While Renting Cars
People usually commit mistakes when they hire a vehicle for touring because they are not aware of the negative points that can happen because of such deals. For availing these facilities it is necessary to be smart and careful otherwise car rental companies can make you suffer by their cleaver deals. Listed below are some of the common mistakes that needs to be taken care of while opting for a self-drive car rental service-
1. Booking through a disreputable company-These days many Internet booking sites are simply affiliate agents for the big brands. That's not such a bad thing because they can compare deals, but make sure they support you with reliable customers services. Check to see if they have properly published business registration details or customers services that are available 24/7. Hence always do your homework properly.
2. Hidden costs-You've seen it before, that while booking flights or other transport at rock bottom rates only to discover that the price nearly doubles by the time you get to pay. Be wary of overly cheap deals, and mistrustful of sites that are constantly adding on extras that you don't need. There are often boxes to be 'unchecked' for options ad-ons, including airport surcharges, travel insurance, GPS units and so on.
3. Quick decisions- never hurry through your decision. There's plenty of choice on the Internet and the site that pops up tops in Google may not necessarily be the best or cheapest. Take the trouble to shop around; finding a site you have confidence in, dedicated to customer satisfaction. Though you may not want to waste hours sorting out your car rental, a few extra minutes can help save you hours of hassle on your holiday.
4. Check for Pre rental inspection of utmost importance. You should always check for even minute details before hiring a car. This may include scratches, cracks in light covers, mirrors or wind shields, body dents, chipped paint, stains in the upholstery or other seemingly minor problems. The reason why you should mention such instances before hiring only so as to notify that you are not held responsible for such problems and pay for it later on at the time of return.
5. Make sure to return your car on time.In case you happen to return the car after four hours from the time you were supposed to return, it is generally advised to extend your contract over another day rather than paying for the hourly rents which is generally higher. People often end up paying a huge amount failing to return the car on time.
6. Ensure that you have a driving license and that it is in date. This may be a photo license or a paper license. Drivers from overseas locations can drive any car as long as they have a valid license from their home country. While booking you may also need to have a credit card to act as a deposit when you pick up your vehicle.
Renting cars have always been convenient over owing them. They give the sense of ownership of cars for a given period of time without having to take additional responsibilities for the same. You can have your peace of mind and freedom as well. The trend of renting over owing is predominant in case of urban and well-populated areas. People have chosen this path because of the convenience it offers and reduce the burden of maintenance, insurance and depreciation drastically.
There can be various needs associated with cars, like an attribute to lifestyle, travel and to cater to exigencies. Need arises due to situations and are completely individualistic. People have shifted to renting cars over owning the same due to recurring costs associated with it. So in order to not incur costs on a daily basis and at the same time enjoy the experience of a car people are willing to pay for a temporary luxury experience. Also with most companies, offering comprehensive insurance facilities, renting cars is a pleasant and hassle free experience.
We can thus conclude by saying that Car rentals are an affordable and cost-effective way to add mobility to your daily life, since you can choose a car as per your budget and no matter what car you choose, the rental fees is cheaper than the monthly payments that you had to pay in case you bought a car. There is also an added advantage since you already know your car inside-out and know how to drive the car, you can also choose to end the car lease and move on to hiring another car.
Wednesday, 14 October 2015
The holiday season is approaching and most of us will be busy packing our bags for a long vacation. If you want to do something different from what you do every year like going on a family vacation, you can plan an outing with your college friends. London offers a lot in terms of travel and adventure activities, so you can have a blast with your friends this holiday season.
Planning ahead for a vacation is very important, since you need to inform all your friends about your travel plans, decide on the locations you are willing to visit, decide on the activities you are willing to engage in and sort out the budget as well. There is another thing that you need to think about – the car rental. If you are planning for a long vacation you might have to hire a car for a long term, but if you are planning a day trip in London you can hire a car for a single day as well.
If you are planning an outing with your college friends, then hiring a car can be difficult, since most of you are under the age of 25 years. Most of the car rental companies in London will not allow you to hire a car unless you are above 25 years of age. Though it is not impossible to hire a car under the age of 25, you will have to research a lot and find out rental companies that offer their cars for young drivers. So you will have to look for the car rental before you make further plans.
Ideas for College Outing
When planning an outing with friends, you must think of something that excites everyone in your group. If you are a gang of girls, you may plan to visit the countryside, while the boys can plan some adventure sports activities. In most cases, renting a car is much more feasible than driving your own car. In many situations you can save a lot by hiring a car.
For example, if you are able to get discounts on your car rental, the chances of which are highest, since the rental companies offer special student discounts to the college students; if you are hiring a car for round trip, which means you will return the car to the original location or rent a car from a lesser known car rental company at the cheapest rates.
Once you are sorted out with the car rental, you can focus more on the travelling part.
Visiting the Countryside
If you want to move out of the hustle-bustle of the main city and spend some quality time with your friends close to the nature, the countryside is the best option. The English countryside is amazing and you will have the best experience ever when you explore this part of London which is both genteel and wild. You can experience the amazing hills, ancient woodlands, dramatic dales, picturesque villages and winding country roads.
Want to visit some countryside that is within easy reach from London? Here are some locations that you can never miss. Walk around, cycle or plan picnics – let your heart out when visiting these places:
Petersham Meadows, Richmond
Once used primarily for cattle grazing, now you can visit this place to feel the serenity of the pastoral landmark. Watch the sun set with your friends or just unwind by lying down on the smooth velvety grass and feel the wind caress your hairs and face.
Osterley Park, Isleworth
If you are looking for a perfect retreat outside the city, visit Osterley Park. One of the last surviving country estates in London, it provides ample space for outdoor activities like cycling, running, etc.
Visiting this place would be a treat for your eyes, heart and soul. Known for its gardens, Cliveden has enormous woodland lining the steep hills above the Thames. Get mesmerized with the stunning views of the gardens and the surrounding countryside.
Willing to get a real taste of the countryside? Visit the Surrey Hills. Cycle on the winding roads, enjoy and admire the views at Leith Hill and Hindhead and the Devil's Punch Bowl or walk down the country lanes while admiring the pristine sceneries.
There are a number of other places that you can visit close to London. Visiting these places will not only help you get rid of all the tiredness, you will also come back home with loads of memories. So waste no more time, decide the places you want to visit with your friends.
Adventure Sports Opportunities in London
For those who love the adrenaline rush, adventure sports in London is the best way to say goodbye to all the stress. In contrary to what many people think about adventure sports, it is actually addictive. People who have experienced the thrill of indulging in such sports activities want to experience it over and over again.
Women are also getting attracted towards adventure sports, which wereonce dominated by the men only. No matter what level of thrill you want to experience, you will find sports that represent the type of challenges you are looking for. Some of the most common type of adventure sports that people in London indulge in are:
If you want to beat the gravity, try some climbing activities in London. There are a number of facilities that allow you to experience the thrills of climbing a hill or mountain. You can choose activities of varying degrees of difficulties. If you want to climb an ice wall you have to Vertical Chill. You can have the ultimate climbing experience here while you climb the ice wall built at the back of Ellis Brigham in Covent Garden.Bungee Jumping
This is one of the most extreme adventure sports since you will have a free fall from a height that many people are afraid of thinking.Skateboarding
This may be an old sport, but it will never go out of fashion. Skateboarding is one of the most challenging forms of adventure sports. A number of skate parks are being built in and around London, so you can visit them anytime you want to.
If you are planning to visit the countryside and indulge in some adventure sports there, you can try out the following options:Adventure Racing
Adventure racing is much different than running a marathon or triathlon. This is much more challenging and one of the fastest growing sports in the UK. Questars and Sleep Monsters host adventure racing which involves activities like kayaking, mountain biking and climbing. So if you want to push your boundaries, you should never miss a chance to participate in adventure racing.Canyoning
Canyoning is one of the most challenging and adrenalin sports that you can indulge in, in the countryside of London. While canoeing you can expect to jump off a few cliffs, swim through the rough waters, pass through waterfalls and some amazing scenery. This sport if full of risks, so the canyoneerswear life jackets and helmets and are accompanies by experienced guides.
There are many more types of adventure sports that you may be interested in. To know about all the adventure and extreme sportsthat you can indulge in, you can contact a travel agent and get the details from them. So get out and get going, have the best holidays this year.Things to Consider when Planning a Road Trip
Even though you hire a car for your vacation or outing with friends, you can enjoy a lot of you drive the rented car yourself. You can drive at your own pace, explore places and roads that the driver from the rental company would not have even considered and take halts whenever necessary. You also don't have a stranger spying on your activities and interfering within all your plans.
While driving yourself can be very exciting, a certain level of preparation is required so that you don't have to face unpleasant situation. Many first-timer renters face difficult situations due to lack of planning and negligence of being prepared for unforeseen circumstances. Even though some issues are minor, they can affect your travel plans to a great extent.
To make sure you have a smooth road trip, here are some factors that you should consider before going out on an outing with your college friends:To Drive or Not to Drive
It is very important to decide whether driving is the best option or not. If you are planning to explore the countryside, then driving is the best option, but if you are planning to go cross borders then flying to your destination might be a better option. The rental rates for driving cross borders are very high and there are many restrictions imposed by the rental companies as well.Choice of Car and the Rental Company
If you decide to drive, it is very important to choose the right car rental company as well as the right type of car. You can get overwhelmed with the choice of car rental companies close to you, but you need to choose the one that offers services best suited for your personal needs and requirements.
The rates significantlydiffer with individual car rental companies, so to get the best rates you need to compare the rates. You also need to choose the right type of car so that you and your friends can travel comfortably along with your luggage. The fuel consumption of the car is also one important factor to be considered. A car with diesel engine will be cheaper than a car with a petrol engine.Administration Fees
A number of car rental companies charge administrative fees for various situations. For example, if you meet an accident you may be charged with hefty administration fees. This is because they want you to pay for the damages done to their rental car. Another instance where you may have to pay administrative fees is when you pass through electronic tolls. Many car rental companies would charge you double; even triple the actual toll fee. Administrative fees are a way of maximizing the profit for car rental companies. So before you hire a car have a clear idea about the extra charges you will be made to pay.Carry You Own Extras
Make sure you carry all the extras that you need while driving your car. The rental costs can go skyrocketing if you hire the extras from the rental company. So if you need a GPS, carry your own SatNav or a smartphone with in-built Google Maps application.Plan Your Journey
Most of the rental car companies would have mileage restrictions, so it is necessary that you plan your journey beforehand. Determine the shortest route to your destination. This will save you the extra money that you will have to pay in case you go beyond the mileage limits. You can also look for motels or pit stops to get refreshed in between long journeys. Planning ahead will make your journey smooth and comfortable.Additional Drivers
If you are planning to go on a real long drive, it might not possible for you to drive the car all through. In such cases, it is good to have an extra driver, who can drive the car when you become driver. You will have to declare the additional driver during hiring the car. Most car rental companiescharge extra for each additional driver. Many rental companies like Avis, Enterprise, etc. waive off this additional driver charges, if the additional driver happens to be your spouse.
It is very important to consider all the above mentioned factors before going on a road trip with your friends. Since most of you are below 25 years, you will have to be more careful while driving and hiring a car. In the next section we will discuss about the car rental for college students to make car rental much easier for you.College Student Car Rentals
Car rentals are beneficial for students who are moving their belonging or planning an outing with friends. You can either hire a van or a car depending upon your requirements but you have to be a lot more careful while hiring a car since you still haven't crossed the 25 years mark.
Many car rental companies will reject your request altogether, while some would charge you heavily for renting a car as a young driver. But there's one good side to it, as a student you will be able to get discounts on your car rental. But if you are 21years or younger, things are going to be even more complicated.
The young driver surcharge varies with each car rental agency, so it is recommended that you compare the rates before hiring a car for your outing. One way to save this hefty surcharge is to include a few friends who are older than 25 for your outing and then hire the car in their name. When you visit the car rental office make sure you carry your student I.D cards, driving licence and a credit card (if you have one). You can use someone else's credit card but make sure that person is present when you are hiring the car.
As students, you will be able to enjoy lower rates from most of the leading car rental companies like Hertz, Sixt, Budget and Avis. Car rental companies like YesCarRentals will also offer good discounts on student car rentals. For example, Hertz offers15 percent discount on car rentals for students who are above 23 years. If you hire a van, which you will be if you are planning an outing, you will get 20% discounts of van rentals. Similarly Sixt offers a 10 percent discount to students who are under 25 and hold a NUS Extra or Graduate Extra card. Even if you are hiring from a local rental company make sure you ask about the student discounts.
You will be able to hire a car even if you hold a full and valid foreign licence. If you are an international student, you will be allowed to drive any small car that is listed on your licence. Most of the car rental companies accept EEC licences but they should be written in eligible English. In case your licence is not written in English, you will have to get an international driving permit that is written in English. This permit should accompany your original licence when you hire a car. Many car rental companies require the international renters to have an EU licence.
Many car rental companies charge you heavily for being a foreign licence holder. In most cases, the international licence holders should be within 22 – 25 years old to be able to hire a car. Enterprise, the well-known car rental companies, would rent cars to students holding full and valid foreign licence without any hassles. On the other hand, Hertz and Sixt would require International driving permits along with the national driving licence to be able to rent cars from them. All countries offer International driving permits, so you should not have problem hiring a car with a foreign licence.Car Rental Thinks to Know
Whether you are hiring a car as a normal renter or a student, certain things remain the same. To have a smooth and satisfactory car rental, you should prepare yourself well ahead of time. From the reviewing the insurance coverage to the car rental policies, there is a lot that has to be taken care of. You need to prepare yourself before visiting the car rental office.
In most cases, the car rental staffs would try to persuade you to take things that that will make your car rental bill go as high as possible. This is one way of maximizing their own profits, so it is very essential to educate yourself about car rentals thoroughly.
To make things easier for you, here are some factors that need to be considered before renting a car:Avoid Unpaved Roads
This is important if you are planning to visit the countryside with your friends. Most car rental companies would not allow you to take their rented cars off-roads. This means you cannot drive on grassy lands or muddy roads. Driving off roads can result in violation of the rental agreement and the rental company might charge hefty administrative costs and in case the rented car gets stuck within the mud, you will have to take the responsibility to get it out and clean the car as well.Mileage Restrictions
This is another factor that you should be aware of. Most car rental companies would have mileage restrictions on a per day basis. So if you are planning an outing really far from your place, you should know about the mileage restrictions. In case you go beyond the mileage limit, you have to pay for each extra mile.No Extra Insurance
Offering additional insurance is one way in which car rental companies make huge profits. Insurance at the rental agencies cost a lot, so try using the coverage from your existing car insurance or get one from a third party insurance agency. If you have a credit card or if anyone in your group has a credit card, you can use the coverage provided by the credit card company.Know About the Travel Policies
If you want to take the car out of the state, you should know about all the travel policies. Know about the restrictions and additional fess (if any). You may also have to educate yourself about the travel policies of the state or county you are visiting.
One more thing that you should remember is to follow all the traffic rules of the place you are visiting. In case if you get tickets for violating rules, the rental company may charge you administrative fees. Also check whether your existing insurance will provide coverage outside your own state.
Check the Car for Cosmetic Damages
The car rental company will make you pay for any damage that is done to their car during the rental period. Young drivers are considered irresponsible drivers, so you should be more careful when hiring cars. Check the car personally for cosmetic damages. If possible take pictures and make the rental representatives aware of the existing damages. Even when you return the car, make sure the representative checks the car.Return withinthe Stipulated Time
You should return the car to the rental office within the stipulated time. You can take advantage of the grace periods but it becomes risky. If you return the car beyond the stipulated time, you may have to pay for the entire day.
Don't wait until you visit the counter. To make your car rental experience memorable, educate yourself about the various policies, restrictions and pitfalls of car rental. Ask plenty of questions to the car rental representatives and do a lot of research. Going out on an outing means you can have loads of fun, so make sure the car rental does not ruin your plans. One more thing to remember is to book the car rental much in advance, so that you get your desired car. As the holiday season approaches the demand for rental cars would increase and the rates will go up as well. So book a car and then plan the rest of your trip.Conclusion
Going out with friends is the best thing you can do during the holiday season. But you need to plan your holiday well ahead of time, so that you can prepare for things you are planning to indulge in. The countryside has a lot to offer to the visitors, but if you are more of a city guy you can plan an adventure holiday with your friends. Try out the most challenging and adrenaline sports in London. You surely won't indulge in any mundane event any more.
Whether you are visiting the countryside or travelling within the city, you need to hire a car. Hiring a car can add the much needed mobility to your trip and can take you places. Car rental can make your journey really memorable, but anything goes wrong, like you choose the wrong car or hire from a terrible car rental agency, things can take a real bad turn. So take your time to choose the car rental company as well as the car you are willing to hire.
Remember, since you are a group of college goers, mostly below 25 years, renting a car might become difficult, since car rental companies do not want rent their cars to renters below 25 years. But that does not mean you have to drop your plans, hiring a car might be tough but not impossible. Do thorough research and locate car rental companies that offer car rentals to young drivers. Make sure you carry your driver's licence and the college I.D card when hiring a car.
The holiday season is fast approaching so start making your plans today!
Gone are the days when car rental was synonymous to vacation transportation. The car rental industry has grown leaps and bounds since people have started renting cars and vans for various reasons. The car rental companies have increased the number of cars in their fleet, so the renters have better choices these days.
Whether you want a compact car or a lavish one, you can find all makes and models with the leading car rental companies. Van rental is also increasing at a similar pace, since renting a van has become affordable and is a feasible transportation solution for many people. Hiring a van allow a large number of people to travel together without losing co-ordination. So whether you are travelling with your family members or with your colleagues, hiring a van is a cheap alternative to hiring many small cars or owning a large car.
The basic advantages of van rental remain the same as hiring a car – you do not have to think about repairs and maintenance, you can choose the size and type of van as per your requirements, it is much cheaper than owning a van yourself and most importantly you don't have to worry about the depreciating value of the vehicle.
People who wish to move things themselves or groups travelling with their belongings find van rentals helpful and convenient. For instance, a group of musicians travelling with their musical instruments can accommodate all their belongings as well as each member of the group conveniently in a large van. So van rental has made transportation much easier. So why would you want to hire a van from a van rental company? The following section will discuss about the reasons for hiring a van and how van rental Wembley is helpful.
Reasons to Hire a VanOftentimes you need to travel in groups and this is when you need to decide whether you want to drive or fly to your destination. Most people have the perception that flying is the only choice when it comes to travelling in groups, but hiring a van can be a better option in many situations.
Vans are available in various types and sizes and they come with a number of facilities that will make your journey comfortable and convenient. The size of van you choose will depend on the number of people travelling together and the amount of luggage you need to accommodate. So it is recommended that you choose a larger van than you require, so that there is ample space for the people as well as their luggage. Travelling together makes sense, since you can share the cost of fuel and van rental. So whether you are travelling with a large group of family members or with your colleagues on a business trip, you can hire a van for the following reasons:
Extra SpaceOne of the most annoying aspects of travelling with the modern airlines is the space and luggage constraint. There is a cap on the luggage that you can carry without paying any fees, if it exceeds you will have to pay extra to carry them. There is limited space inside the airline and you don't have enough leg space to sit comfortably. On the other hand, you can rent a van of the required size or even bigger and carry as much luggage as you can. You get all this at a much cheaper rate than buying flight tickets. So if 12 people are travelling together, you can hire a 15 seater van, so that each one of you fit in comfortably. The best thing, you can ask the van rental company to pick you up from your place, so you don't even have to take the hassle of driving to the rental office with all your luggage.
Take Advantage of Cheaper GasAnyone who has been driving a car knows that gas prices are at an all time low and travelling costs have gone down considerably. Gas prices make up a significant portion of the travel costs, and you can save a lot of money if you hire a van and drive to your destination.
Bonding with Members of the GroupBonding with members of the group travelling together can become very difficult when you are travelling by air. There are high chances that the members will be spread around the plane or even if you manage to sit together, having some fruitful conversation can be tough. But if you are travelling with people in a van, whether family members or colleagues, you can bond better and go on a fun trip.
Perfect Co-OrdinationWhether you are travelling by plane or hiring several compact cars, co-ordinating a large number of people can be tough. If you are hiring a van, you can pick up all the members from their place and travel together, so there is no reason why you need to worry about co-ordination.
Whatever your reason for van rental is, you need to find a good van rental company to make your journey memorable. Friendly and professional van rental company will help you choose the right type of vehicle and offer you the best packages. Before yourent a van get quotes from several van rental companies and choose the one that offers the best rates. But never compromise with the level of service to get a van at cheap rates. Rock bottom prices might indicate poor quality service, hidden costs or even poor quality vehicle. So visit the van rental office, check the condition of the van and then sign the final contract.
Why is Van Rental Helpful?Those who have hired a van for various reasons know how helpful van hire Wembley can be when it comes to moving things, going on a family trip or planning a concert. The van rental companies close to you will have a van for all the occasions – you can hire a small van when you need some more space than a regular car or a large van when you have a move your belongings or transport a large group of people from one place to another. Moving things can be expensive if you hire a movers & packers service, more so if you don't have too many things to move. If you are a new couple or are asked to shift base on a temporary period of time, you don't have to move too many things at a time. Hiring a van in this situation is not only convenient but also a cost-effective option.
Pack your things and load it into the van and drive it to the desired location. You can even return the van on a separate destination (the one where you moved), so you don't have to worry about driving the van back to the original renting location. To save more money, you can plan to shift on a weekend and take advantage of the weekend rates, which is much lower than the weekday rates.
Family tours are occasions that call for van rental. Whether you are going to attend a wedding or going for a family picnic, travelling together can be fun. You can hire a medium or large van (depending upon the number of people travelling together) and travel together to the destination. The van rental services offer all kinds of facilities to make your journey comfortable, so you can hire baby seats, get SatNavs if you want to drive yourself and anything that you require to make travelling convenient.
Not only family trips, you can also hire luxury vans to plan parties on the go. Many people even hire luxury vans to plan their bachelor or bachelorette parties. Hiring a van allows them to enjoy to the fullest without worrying about the safety and security of the bride/ groom or their friends. They are picked up from their home and driven back with utmost care.
Van hire Wembley is also very helpful for people who have to travel along with their belongings like musician, band, sports event participants, etc. Whether you have to carry musical equipment, sports equipment or anything else, there is no need to worry. Just hire a van and get going.
Van rentals have also helped businesses to a great extent. Many small to mid-sized businesses do not have enough financial strength to own vans, so the best suited alternative is to hire a van and get the products delivered wherever required. Since there is no restrictions about the usage of the vehicles you rent (till the vehicle is not damaged), vans can be used by florists, grocery stores, apparel stores, etc.
Even service providers like plumbers, electricians and the like rent vans to move around the city to offer services to their clients. Hiring a van is a feasible solution for such service providers since they have to travel in groups along with the necessary tools and equipment. So why is the popularity of van rental surging? There are many reasons but some of the most important ones are:
• The first and most important reason is to avoid the maintenance costs. Vehicles are subject to wear and tear, so regular repair and maintenance is essential. If you hire a van, all the repair and maintenance costs will be included within the rental fees. You don't even have to worry about breakdowns (if it is not due to your fault), since the rental company would provide assistance in case the vehicle breaks down during the rental period.
• The second most important reason is that, the value of the vehicles start depreciating the moment you start driving it. By hiring a van, you don't have to worry about the depreciating values.
• You have access to a wide range of vans and this is specifically beneficial for those hiring vans for commercial purposes. When you need to deliver huge quantities of materials, you can hire a large van and when you need to move small quantities, hire a small van.
• You also get tax benefits by hiring a van.
• Owning vehicles minimizes flexibility. Business needs change drastically, but if you own the vehicles you will not be able to upgrade your fleet as per your needs. Van hire Wembley offers the much needed flexibility, since you can rent vans depending upon your business needs. But if you want the make the most of your van rental, you will have to choose the right van rental service. There are hundreds of companies offering van rentals, but not all offer similar levels of service. Some are obviously better than others. So how would you choose a van rental? Some helpful tips are discussed in the following section. So read on.
Van Rental TipsLike any other car rental, it is essential that you choose the right service provider to make the most of the money that you spend towards your van rental. Renting a van, whether for a family trip or business purpose, is the most convenient way of carrying a large group of people or cargo. When you plan to hire a van make sure you take care of everything well ahead of time.
Remember the terms & conditions, renting procedures, etc, differ with each company, so take time to understand each aspect of the van rental thoroughly before you sign the final contract. Here are a few useful tips that will help you choose the right van hire company in Wembley as well as help to save a lot of money.
1. Plan Ahead:Before hiring a van it is essential to identify your personal needs. if you are hiring to transport a group of people, determine exactly how many people will be travelling and what amount of luggage will they carry. If you are hiring to move things, consider the height, weight and amount of the things that need to be moved. Knowing your needs beforehand will enable you to choose the right size and type of van.
2. Choose the Right Van Rental Company:This is very important to have the best post-rental experience. You need to choose the right van rental company so that you find the right type of van as per your personal needs. If you are looking for cargo vans, you will have to find a company that specializes in various types of cargo vans. A good rental company will offer the best rates as well as good quality services.
3. Compare Rates:Before you hire a van, make sure you call several van rental companies to have a good idea about the van rental rates offered by various companies. You should never settle for cheap prices, since the quality of service provided will not be good. Look for companies offering affordable rates and good quality service. Always ask for a break-up of the costs, so you know what you will be paying for. If the rental company requires you to buy insurance, ask how much will it cost or whether they will allow you to get insurance from third parties. Make sure you get all your queries cleared before signing the final contract.
4. Check the Vehicle Personally before Hiring:It is essential that you check the van inside out for damages before making the final decision. You don't want the van to break down in the middle of the road, so check the condition of the vehicle and if possible take a test drive to check whether the vehicle is in good repair or not. If you fail to identify existing damages (the ones present before you hire the vehicle), you may have to pay for them even if it was not your fault. Also check the fuel and mileage levels and get them included within the contract.
5. Check the Documents before You Drive away with the Van:Check the agreement papers and other documents carefully before you drive off the vehicle. Check whether the car rental company has added extra fees or included hidden charges. Also check whether you have everything that as decided previously. If there are discrepancies, get them sorted out at once. Hiring a van may sometimes be different from hiring a car, so make sure you know what to expect when hiring a van. When choosing a van rental company, read user reviews, ask for references of the past clients and take opinions of your friends and family who have hired vans recently. The right decision can make your journey memorable while a wrong decision can turn your journey into a nightmare.
Types of Van Available for RentingChoosing the right size and type of van is very essential. You do not want to hire a van that is too wide or long for you to drive or one that is too compact to carry things. The van rental companies in Wembley offer a wide range of vans that include passenger vans, cargo vans and mini vans.
Each one of these have their own utilities and when chosen correctly these can offer the best driving experience in your life. Various types and sizes of each individual category is also available, for example, if you want to hire passenger vans you will be given the option of 10, 12, 15 passenger vans (the numbers indicate the seating capacity of the vans). If you want to move things you will have o choose between small vans, large vans, short wheel based van, etc.
If you have any problem identifying the type or size of the van that you will require, you can take assistance from the van rental staffs. Tell them your van rental needs and they will provide valuable advice, free of cost. Before you visit van rental company, do some thorough research on the available van types, how to hire vans based on your personal needs, so on and so forth. Being prepared will help you choose the right kind of vehicle and thus you will have the best van rental experience.
Why Choose Self Drive Van Hire?
Self drive van rental is a trend that is catching up fast and a lot of people are opting for self drive cars and vans. While it can be beneficial to drive your own car to the destination, it is not always feasible due to a lot of reasons like limited seating capacity; the car might not be in a good condition to withstand long journeys and the like. Instead of abolishing your plans, you can hire a self-drive van to enjoy the experience of driving a vehicle as well as accommodating all the people you want to take on a long journey.
But remember driving a van is much different than driving your own car. The dimensions are different and the mechanisms are also very different. The van is not as light as your car and it is quite tough to drive a van all of a sudden. To avoid mishaps, it is important that you drive a van to see whether you can manage driving the new vehicleand maintain the safety for yourself as well as the people travelling with you.
While there are many advantages of hiring a self-drive van, you always have the option of hiring a driver if you find driving a van difficult. But if you can manage there is nothing better than this. So why would you hire a self drive van, when you can have a driver drive you at the destination? Here are some reasons why you should:
PrivacyMost of us are busy all through the week and it is only during the weekends or on vacations that we get to spend some quality time with friends and family. It can be very annoying to have an unknown person sneak into your private moments. This can get worse if you have rented a vehicle for a few days at a stretch. You will have a stranger laughing at your jokes, grin at the dilemmas and participating in all your conversations. Self-drive rentals let you maintain the much needed privacy – so you can laugh, grin or do anything you want without anyone prying on you.
SafetyOftentimes it so happens that the drivers are not paid well and they are made to work inhumanly. It may so happen that the person driving your vehicle is utterly tired, exhausted. So a lot of risk is involved since the driver might not be completely in his senses. Then there are risks of rash driving as well. Hiring a self driven van gives you complete control over the vehicle and is safer option for yourself as well as your family and friends.
FlexibilityBeing able to drive a vehicle yourself gives you a lot of flexibility. You can start late, stop whenever you want or even adjust the speed as and when needed.
You must know that renting a vehicle is much cheaper than driving your own car or van, and if you are driving it yourself, you will be able to save even more. You will not have to pay for the driver and can save on fuel as well. In many cases, the rental for self drive vans is lower than other rental plans, so you get to save more. No matter whether you own a vehicle or not, hiring a self drive van can help you in many ways. One more benefit of self-drive vans is that you can choose from a wide variety of vans and drive the one that suits you the best. So net time you plan a family outing consider hiring a self-driven van.
ConclusionSimilar to car rentals, the popularity of van rental is also increasing. This increased demand has compelled the van rental companies to increase their fleet and include more advanced and modern van models. Van rental can be a bit different than hiring a normal car, since van rentals cater to requirements that are different from that of hiring a car.
Many car and van rental companies like YesCarRentals offer self-driven van rentals, which is beneficial in many ways. So if you have a valid driver's license, know how to drive a van and are above 25 years of age, you can safely choose a self-driven van rental. You will not only be able to enjoy the experience of driving a van but you will also be able to save a lot of money.
However, the key to a successful and memorable van rental is choosing the right van rental company. Just like car rental, you will have to put in some effort to find the best van rental company so that you the best quality services at affordable prices. No matter which van rental company you work with make sure you read the agreement papers carefully, so that you don't have to face any bad situations when paying for the rental. Check if any extras have been added, check whether any hidden charges have been included and check whether additional clauses have been added which can become a problem at a later stage.
So if you are travelling in a large group or you need to carry a lot of things along with you, van hire in Wembley will be the best suited option for you. So go ahead and book your van now!
The car rental market is surging to a great extent since owning a car is becoming more and more expensive. Whether it is the fuel, maintenance or the monthly loan payments – it is very difficult for an average person to bear all the costs. For those who are not affluent enough to own a car, car rental is a good alternative.
You can drive your favourite car without having to worry about the maintenance, repair costs, monthly loan payments and the like. Just pay the rentals and you have peace of mind. Car rental companies like YesCarRentals also offers a number of deals and discounts to make rentals even more attractive. So whether you are going on a business trip or a holiday, car rentals can add the much needed mobility to you trip.
Car rentals is no more an option just for the corporate travellers, even the regular commuters are opting for car rentals in London, to avoid standing in queues and avoid the extra expenses of travelling via public transport. Car rental is also common during vacations and during special occasions like family get-togethers, wedding and birthday parties. Planning such events can be stressful matter, but thanks to the car rental companies in London, you don't have to worry about transportation. Whether it is about receiving guests from the airport or transporting them from the hotel to the event venue, you will find a car for every purpose. The best part, the car rental companies will make all the necessary arrangements to make you guests feel comfortable and pampered.
Wedding car hire in London is gaining popularity, but this can be a tricky matter since there are a number of things that needs to be taken care of - arranging transportation for the guests, choosing a car for the bride and groom, etc. the list goes on. So your special day is arriving? Start preparing soon. Keep reading, to know everything about wedding car hire in London.
Things to Consider When Hiring a Car for WeddingWedding day car rental is not just about transportation from one point to the other; you should choose a car that makes a style statement and leaves a long lasting impression on your guests. When looking for a wedding car rental company, make sure they have the cars according to your needs and choice. Car hire companies offering wedding car rentals have a large fleet and you can choose the one that suits your style. From limousines to convertibles, the choices are never ending. Remember, the car will be visible in a number of photographs, so make sure you choose the right car for your special day.
Weddings are special moments for most of us and we want to make as many sweet memories about this day as possible. Apart from the other arrangements like the venue, menu, the car rental can also add value to your special day. The car you hire on your wedding day should be able to accommodate the wedding party as well as your grand wedding dress. To be able to choose the right wedding car rental, determine the number of people who will travel along with the bride or groom. Also have a fair idea about the distances to be travelled, the route to be taken and the number of trips necessary, approximately. Tell the rental company about all your plans, so that they are able to offer the best packages. Next you need to look a good rental company that can make all arrangements on your behalf. Ideally you should choose a company that specializes in wedding car rental and one which has the cars you are looking for. Also check whether the rental company has back-ups or not.
Check if they can arrange for replacements if the chauffeur becomes sick or if they have spare cars, in case your wedding car breaks down. One more thing to be considered is the type of car that you need hire. Try to hire a car that matches with the style and theme of your wedding. Make sure you check the condition of the car in person before signing the contract, since the maintenance policies differ with individual rental companies.
When choosing a car, consider the volume of your wedding dress. Trying to squeeze into a compact car may crease the dress and spoil the entire look. So if you are wearing a voluminous wedding dress and many people will be travelling along with you, consider hiring a larger car. Here are some useful wedding car rental tips to make your day even more special:
Make Bookings in AdvanceIt is advised to book your wedding rental car in London much in advance, so that you get a car of your choice. If you are planning your wedding during vacation or graduation season, you might miss on your favourite car since there will be a high demand for rental cars. To be on the safe side, book the rental car as soon as the wedding date, venue, etc. are decided.
Think Beyond TraditionA limo or Rolls Royce works well for traditional weddings but if that is not your style, think of some other car. If you are planning an ultramodern wedding, you can consider arriving in a BMW convertible. If you are not aware of the available options, you can visit a car rental company and see what choices you have. Arrange Transportation for Bridal Partyand Guests
Since the bridal party is part of your wedding it is good to think about their transportation as well. You can hire a minivan for them or if you want to travel together hire a larger car. Also make sure, you arrange for a drop off to their home when the event ends.
If you are expecting a lot of guests from out-of-the town, it is essential that you make necessary arrangements for picking them from the airport to the hotel and to the venue respectively. Usually, a minivan with 15-20 seating capacity would be ideal for your guests. Add 20-30 minutes extra time to each trip and plan the events accordingly, so that in case of unexpected delays, you do not get late for the rituals.
Plan Your BudgetThis is the most important part of your wedding car rental planning. Ideally you will have to rent the cars for the entire day, so check whether you will have to pay hourly rates or you will be offered special rates for the entire day. Shop around and compare rates, so that you get the best deal.The car rental company can make a lot of arrangements like arranging for your favourite music, drinks for you and the bridal party and decorations for the rental car. Make sure you check the rates for availing these extra services. To ensure you have a successful wedding event, make sure you hire from a agency that has a large fleet of cars. Rental agencies that have just 1 or 2 cars will have to shuttle the vehicles between various wedding events and this might ruin your plans. So make sure the car you hire is with you throughout the day. Also make sure you read the contract thoroughly. This should have the details of the hire period, type of car, routes and extra (if applicable). If you have any doubts get them cleared, so that you don't have to face unpleasant situations on your special day. Plan ahead of time and have enough time in hand to implement changes in your plan whenever necessary.
How to Choose a Wedding Car RentalThe car rental agencies offer services that make your travel exciting and unique. Depending on the destination and occasion, you can choose from the largest collection of cars from all classes for varying periods, at affordable rates.
One occasion that demands luxury car rental is a wedding. Since this is a once in a lifetime experience, you will have to be very careful while choosing the wedding car rental. Wedding car rentals will not only take you from one point to the other, but it also appear in photographs, carry your guests around and will be part of your wedding throughout the day. So when choosing the wedding car rental, consider the time of wedding, the theme, your dress, etc. Here are some tips about choosing the wedding car rental that suits your event perfectly:
Book EarlyIf this is the first time you are booking a wedding car, you may think that there are a lot of options to choose from, but on the contrary, car rental agencies do not have too many luxury or vintage cars in their fleet. This is because the maintenance cost is high and the demand for such vehicles surge at specific seasons. So people book cars well in advance so that they can hire their desired vehicles. If you are waiting until the last minute, chances are you will have to compromise with your choice and get squeezed into a compact car spoiling the dress as well as the mood.
Choose the Size of Car WiselyYou choose a car that you can get-in and get-out comfortably. Consider your dress and the number of bridesmaid who will be accompanying you to the venue. The rental car should be such that it comfortably accommodates you (along with your wedding dress) as well as the bridesmaid.
Match the StyleYou have tried heard to match every little detail to perfection, so why let the car spoil your hardwork. Choose thetype of car according to the theme of your wedding. For a modern wedding you can choose a Porsche or a BMW Convertible. For a traditional wedding you can choose Mercedes or vintage cars. If a lot of people are travelling together, a stretch Hummer will be the best option.
The colour and decoration of the car should also match your wedding. Make sure the decoration on your wedding car is unique – balloons, ribbons, flowers should also match the colour and theme of your wedding.
Keep the Weather in Mind
This is one important consideration. You might have your heart set on a convertible, but if you are getting married during winter or rainy season, a convertible can be a bad choice. So consider the time of your marriage and choose the type of car accordingly.
In most cases, the wedding car comes at the end of the priority list and the least of the budget is allocated for it. But if you want to plan the perfect wedding, you should not neglect the wedding car rental. But that obviously does not mean you will have to break the bank to hire the costliest car on your wedding. There are ways in which you can save yourself from spending a lot.
• Hire fewer numbers of cars. Schedule the events so that a single car can pick up the bride as well as the groom.
• If you want to exit the wedding venue in style, you can hire a one car for arriving to the venue and a more stylish one for exiting.
• Hire a large vehicle like 12-15 or 15-20 seater van to transport the guests, so that a lot of people can travel together fewer trips are required to get them transported from one point to another.
Whatever your choice is, make sure you hire the wedding car from a reputed car rental company, which has the experience to cater to the varying requirements of the clients. Also communicate clearly with the rental agency about your choices, needs and requirements. If possible ask them about their advices and opinions about wedding car rentals.
Hiring a Car for your Bachelorette partyAre you ready to tie the knot? All arrangements done – the venue, food & beverages, the wedding dress and of course the transportation! So you are all set for the final day. But wait what about the bachelorette or bachelor party? This is your last chance to hang around with your friends and have a blast.
Rent a luxury car and get ready for a fabulous bachelorette/ bachelor's party and make the sweetest and craziest memories ever.Whether you are planning to party on the go or hit a nightclub, you will have to consider renting a car for you and your friends. The car rental agencies in London offer rental services for the bride/ groom and their friends so that they can have a blast on the last day before marriage. You don't have to wait for hours for a cab; neither will you have to pay outrageous prices. You can bring your own car but that means you can't let go of yourself because you will have to drive back home. Who wants to take all that headache on a fun night? So rent a car and party hard. Here are some advantages of hiring a car for your bachelorette/ bachelor party:
Keep Partying Hard
The last thing you want to do on your bachelor/ bachelorette party is worry about driving, transportation and all other similar things. Hiring a car from an agency that offers wedding car hire in London means you can keep the party going on all night – play your favourite music, slurp on your favourite drink, visit your favourite places, nightclubs and do whatever crazy things come to your mind.Hiring a car enables you to have fun to the fullest without worrying about safety and security.
Safety and SecurityMost of the car rentals offered for bachelorette or bachelor parties are accompanied by a chauffeur and it is their responsibility to drop you home – even if someone is drunk. All kinds of measures should be taken to avoid accidents and ensure safety of your friends. Taking a cab at the middle of the night might be risky, so renting a car from a reputed car rental company would be the best choice.
Make Things Special for the Bride or GroomThe night is all about the Man/ Lady of Honour, so make sure you make them feel special everyway.Hire a luxury car and take him or her out for the most luxurious long drive. Plan surprises and let them enjoy their last days of bachelorhood or spinsterhood.
Tips to Hire a Luxury Car for the Bachelor/Bachelorette Party
Most of the times, people hire a luxury car for their bachelor or bachelorette parties. Even of your friends are planning a surprise party before your marriage, they will hire a luxury car. But remember hiring a luxury car is sometimes different from hiring a normal car. So here are some tips that will help you rent a luxury car without hassles:
• Tip#1: Make sure you hire a luxury car from a reputed car rental agency, which has been in the business for years. This ensures that you will get the car of your choice and the condition of the car will be good. You don't want the car to break down in the middle of the night, so hire from a recognized car rental company that specializes in luxury cars.
• Tip#2: Always insist on a chauffeur along with the car. This will ensure your safety and you will not be responsible for damages caused due to mishaps.
• Tip#3: Make sure you visit the car rental office to book the luxury car. Many start-up car rental companies showcase luxury cars on their websites that they don't own, to show they are established. So if you want to get the car that you have booked, it will be wise to book the luxury car in person at the rental office.
• Tip#4: Before hiring a luxury car make it a point to read the 'Terms & Conditions' carefully. You must know about their refuelling policies, late return policies, roadside assistance, etc. To have a clear picture of what to expect from the luxury car rental read the agreement thoroughly before signing.
• Tip#5: Determine the number of people who will be travelling together and the duration for which you will need the car. This will help you choose the right type and size of car and negotiate the rental rates.
• Tip#6: There are many luxury car rental companies, so get quotes from a number of them and compare to get the best deals. You can also get references from your friends and family who have rented luxury cars recently.
To enjoy the pre-marriage party with your friends, it is essential that you prepare yourself well. A car rental gone wrong can ruin the entire day and all your plans so rent wisely and enjoy the last hours before you get married.
Wedding Car Rental Mistakes to Avoid
The happiest day of your life is approaching and you have made all efforts to make it perfect. To ensure your day goes on smoothly, keeping stress levels at the minimum, you need to make sure the wedding transportation is without hitches. Since you have to take care of so many things at a time, it is common to make mistakes while renting your wedding transportation.
To make things easier for you and let you enjoy your day to the fullest, here are some tips to avoid the wedding car rental mistakes:
Not Hiring Car from a Professional Car Rental Agency
The first step to a hassle-free wedding event is to hire your wedding car from a reputed and experienced car rental company. This way you will not have to worry about co-ordinating several cars or worry about break downs. The car rental company would provide all kinds of services required to make your event successful. Not Knowing the Owner
To ensure a hitch-free ride, you should hire a car from a company that owns the cars it lets out on rent. If there is a middle man involved or the car rental company borrows from a broker, there are chances of late arrival or no-show.
It is essential that you communicate with the car rental company about your wedding plans clearly. You should also obtain the name and contact details of the chauffeurs who will be responsible to drive you and your guests to the venue and elsewhere. Make sure the drivers have all the details about your wedding as well, so that no delays happen. Car Rental Based on Price Only
It is evident that you have a budget for everything, but shopping for a car rental based only on price can mar all your wedding plans. Many car rental companies offer rock bottom prices since they do not have vehicles that are up-to-the-mark, provide inexperienced drivers, or have several hidden charges. You can also face unpleasant situations like late arrivals, rude behaviours, etc.
Not Focussing on the Level of Service
It is essential to get the right type of car for your wedding but that does not mean you will compromise with the level of service. Make sure the company offering wedding car hire in London offers state-of-the-art services, so that you don't have to worry about the transportation at all. Not Booking the Car in Person
If you don't want to be let down by the car rental company on your wedding day, make sure you book the car personally. This way you will be able to check the condition of the car, the models available and ask for a test drive as well.
Waiting for the Last Minute
It is true that you can save a lot on last minute car rentals but that's when your plans are flexible and not on a day like your wedding. Waiting for the last minute to book the wedding car rental means you will have to compromise with your choice of car, pay hefty fees or find no car at all, in the worst case scenario. There is a huge demand for rental cars during the wedding season, so make sure you book the car well in advance.
These are some of the common mistakes associated with wedding car rentals. Some other mistakes include not hiring a car of the right size, not hiring a car for the guests, not getting references from friends and family, and other similar things. To avoid unpleasant experiences on such a special day as your wedding, it is essential that couples plan everything ahead and prepare themselves well.
Hiring the right car for your wedding is the make-it or break-it decision so make sure you devote enough time to choose the right wedding car rental. Transportation for the bride and groom is not only enough, you will have to think about the guests and everyone else who joins your wedding party.
Wedding car rentals can be very expensive since most of us look for luxury cars in order to make a style statement, but if you don't want the car rental to eat up a large portion of your wedding budget, you should look for ways in which you can arrive in style without breaking your bank. Schedule the wedding in such a way that one car is able to pick up the bride and the groom. Also hire a large vehicle, a 15-20 seaterminivan or so, for your guests so that many people can travel together and you don't have to hire too many cars at a time.
Remember, hiring the right type of wedding car is crucial to make everything happen the right way. Consider the number of people travelling with the bride/ groom, the size of the bridal dress, the weather, etc. and choose the car accordingly. Start planning your wedding and make sure you choose the best wedding car hire in London.
A major portion of people in Britain are more inclined towards renting cars over choosing a public mode of transportation. The biggest advantage of renting is that people are more prone to renting luxury vehicles during their holidays since buying them would ideally mean a huge investment. Even though having said that with the availability of cheaper models, people are hence renting cheaper cars for daily commutation purposes and vacations. There has been a change in the mentality of people with more and more choosing to use things and pay for the experience of a temporary ownership.
The main reason for people willing to rent cars is to get away with the monthly payments. Even though renting a car has its advantages there are certain downsides to guard against as well. It is hence advised that you study the rip offs, do your homework about car rentals. This way you can avoid incurring extra costs. London has a wide offering of tourist destinations, particularly that of North West London. Let us explore as to why this place is chosen over other destinations when it comes to exploring the Brit Culture.
North West London
North West London includes areas of London radiating towards the North West. It is an imprecise description and the area it covers is defined differently for a range of purposes. It has a wide range of places suiting the tastes and sensibilities of various people. It has always been an area of attraction amongst tourists simply because of the number of places that it has for people to visit and get an essence of life in London. The major areas of visiting in North West London include the British Library, the London Zoo, Little angel Puppet Theatre and various old pubs to name a few.
Renting a car in North West London is therefore a major trend with people leaving for sightseeing in the nearby areas mostly during weekends. This part of London is also very well connected some parts of Europe as well. Some of the other major places to visit in this area are Barnet, Harrow, Camden and Brent which have a plethora of regions to explore. We can thus say that North West London has a host of attributes to thereby pull in a major chunk of tourists from around the world.
Process of Renting a Car for Holiday
The first step towards renting a car requires you to plan out in details the places that you would wish to visit. Hence choosing a place to start with your journey is of crucial importance. Journeys in London can often be made far more easily and conveniently in your own vehicle than when you have to rely on rail, bus and air journeys. It is a practical solution, putting you in control of where you want to go at a time that suits you. Renting a car in North West London is simple to organize and very affordable.
Whether you are on holiday, going home for the weekend, visiting friends and family or need a car for business, car hire in London could be your best solution. You can look through the below mentioned guidelines which can help you in the process of renting the car-
1. It's quick and easy to compare deals to rent a car in London. Always opt out for price-comparison before you go ahead with your booking. Whether you need an airport pick-up point, or are using one of the many downtown locations in the UK's cities and towns, you can find a vehicle at a price to suit nearby.
2. Always choose a simple process for booking. The best situation would be when there are no account set ups required as it calls for unnecessary delay. As a consumer the most important feature that you should look forward to is the reliability of the service provider.
3. Ensure that you have a driving license and that it is in date. This may be a photo license or a paper license. Drivers from overseas locations can drive any car as long as they have a valid license from their home country. While booking you may also need to have a credit card to act as a deposit when you pick up your vehicle.
4. Thoroughly check the hire agreement on your UK car rental before signing. You should pay particular attention to any extras such as personal insurance to ensure you are happy to pay for such services as well as the terms and conditions. These may limit you to a specific number of miles per day or may be unlimited mileage
5. Before driving away, check for any damage to the car and report this to the rental desk. Familiarize yourself with the controls and how to fill up on fuel. You should also be aware of what the fuel policy is as getting it wrong can be costly - for example if you return it empty when it should have been brought back full.
6. Ensure you check for tolls on bridges, tunnels and some roads so that you have the appropriate money to pay, and be aware of fees for entering North West London during peak times. If you fail to pay these, your car rental company will charge you for them as well as a handling fee.
7. Parking in the London is heavily regulated and fines are imposed when fees are not paid as appropriate. Check the rules before you park. In the worst cases you could find your UK car hire is towed away to a pound with a high cost to release the vehicle.
8. Always do a thorough background research of the company before finalizing on the same. You can check through the reviews posted by customers online about the company. This is the best possible method of finalizing on a particular car rental company which would help you in the process of renting a car in North West London.
Advantages of Renting Cars on A Holiday
The trend of renting cars has evolved in recent times. People have started renting cars for holidays owing to ease and comfort. There are numerous needs that can be associated with renting a car. This may be like a lifestyle need, catering to exigencies and booking over holidays. In order to save a recurring daily cost and at the same time enjoy the experience of a car, people are willing to pay for a temporary experience. The major advantages of renting cars during a holiday can be listed below-
Variety of Cars on Hire
With the rising demand of cars on rent, availability and matching the same with the budget is a challenge. The basic categories available to choose from are spacious people carriers, economy class and that of luxury class as well. All these sections have further sports, convertibles, hatchbacks and vans. This gives consumers a wide range of choices and experiences. Renting a large vehicle, such as an SUV or minivan, can allow you to travel with a large group of friends or extended family. Some rental agencies may also be able to provide customers with a 9- or 15-passenger van. A rental car can take you where your personal vehicle can't. If you'd like to travel where the roads are less favorable, for example, renting a Jeep or SUV can be a great idea.
Leverage Temporary Ownership
If you live in a large metropolitan area where subways, trains, and other community transportation are common, you may have found that owning your own vehicle isn't necessary. When vacations or other events take you beyond the reach of the city's subway service, though, renting a car can be the best choice. You can book a car as per your requirement and return the same when you are done with using it. Hence renting a car in North West London is the best possible thing to do.
Save Money on Fuel
If your personal vehicle is an older model, renting a car for extended trips can help you save money on gasoline. Most car rental agencies keep only newer model vehicles that get very good gas mileage. A considerable amount of money can thus be drastically saved. While you are renting a newer model you will also get the experience of having the driving comfort of a new car. Even though the experience may be short lived, people are willing to invest only for the experience. This is hence an added advantage of renting cars over taking your personal vehicle on vacation.
Responsibility towards the Vehicle is Drastically Lowered
No matter where you travel with a rented vehicle, breaking down isn't a worry. Should the car break down during your rental period, the agency will provide another car at no charge. This can give great peace of mind during long trips especially. Sometimes the insurance coverage that already comes along with the rental agreement pays for all the areas of breakdown. You can always speak to the customer care executive before finalizing on the contract. You do not also have to worry about the condition of the car.
Hassle Free Mode of Payment
These days with the help of various online portals available, payments can be made very easily. Most companies have a prepaid mode of payment in order to guarantee assurance of the bookings. There are various other payment gateways to facilitate faster process of the reservation confirmation. In cases when the concerned person is not present at the time of payment a third party authorization form needs to be filled in by the customer at the start of the rental. Renting a car in North West London is a convenient process to enjoy the luxuries of a car without owing it.
Drive through the Beautiful Country-Side
An experience to drive through the roads instead of taking the air routes is another reason while people opt out for renting a car in North West London. You can enjoy the driving experience while exploring the local areas more in case of choosing the road route for travel. When taking a trip hundreds of miles away from home, renting a car can give you more time to enjoy yourself. By taking an airplane to your destination and renting a car once you've arrived, you'll spend far less time traveling to your vacation spot and more time sightseeing and relaxing.
Get Better Purchase Deals on Rented Cars
Hiring cars on holidays can also help you make a purchase decision for a car later on. It so happens sometimes that the experience of driving a particular hired model gave a very pleasant experience, so much so that you ultimately thought of owning the same. Renting a vehicle can help you decide if you would like to purchase that type of car, truck, or SUV. When you're in the market for a new car, renting one for a day or two gives you an extended test drive to discover nuances about the vehicle that you couldn't otherwise.
Renting a car in North West London for a holiday also helps you explore certain areas that cannot be generally covered either by a train or a flight. You also have the freedom to take your own time for travel rather than sticking to routines in case you would have opted for other modes of transportation. It helps you explore the geographic range of the place and also gives you a better feel of the countryside which you would have otherwise missed out. In case you are unable to travel light renting a car for your holiday is another good option. Ultimately it offers more flexibility.
Car Rental Service Providers
North West London is one of the prime locations often chosen by tourists for exploration. There are numerous companies which offer to rent cars. These are generally available as a standalone company with numerous branches all across the city. They offer a range of services, variety of cars and different time frames allocated for renting. They are thus the solution providers to people who either do not own a car, or are looking ahead for a temporary substitute for their primary car.
The trend of renting a car in North West London is mainly for the purpose of holidaying. Out of the numerous options available you can choose to procure services from YesCarRentals which offers to be a one point of contact to solve out all your car rental queries. It has a plethora of cars to choose from with a minimum period of 28 days to hire. With a friendly and reliable team of customer care executives most of these companies offer you the best possible solution to suit your requirements. Many companies have the advantage of renting cars to students as well.
Common Issues to Take Guard against While Booking a Car for Rent
As already discussed it is always better to rent a car over owning the same and also far better than relying on public transport. At times additional costs too can be considerably waved off in case you happen to be a good driver yourself. In such cases the dependency on the driver is reduced as well. You can get your freedom and at the same time you can be self dependant. It is however suggested that you take guard against the below mentioned issues to help you make your experience all the more enjoyable.
" It is very important that you get a proper clarification about all the offerings made by a car rental company. You should always opt for a company who has a strong fleet of customer care executives who know how to engage a customer and clarify all doubts. They should be in a position to offer all value added features to customers. Only and only if you are totally convinced about the product offerings you should go ahead with your final call.
" You should take measures to undertake a thorough inspection of the car before renting the same. It so happens that in case you are driven by an impulse, most of the time the decision proves to be wrong. Not only should you check the exterior condition of the car, you should also go for internal inspection which involves checking the condition of the engine, the brakes so on and so forth. Other factors of consideration are fuel consumption, availability of spare parts, road tax payment, insurance payment receipts and also whether the company can provide for a spare car immediately in case of a fault.
" Sometimes while renting a car in North West London, you might want to opt for a driver in order to relax yourself from the burden of driving. In such a case it is your responsibility to check through the validity of the driver's license and other records. In case of any reported accidents against the driver you should immediately inform the agency and ask for a replacement.
" Taking a test drive for a car before renting it also helps you to take your decision better. You can check through a number of factors including the functioning of the air conditioning, fuel indicators and the working condition of the clutch, the brakes and the accelerators. In case you have a doubt regarding the car you can always rethink your decision.
" Ask the company representative for the past list of clients who they have served before and get their feedback. You should always be precautious not to be smitten over by the projected outlook of the company. Many such companies tend to manipulate the consumer's mind ultimately leading them to make a wrong choice. Take guard against any hidden costs if any in order to avoid misleading deals.
" Another tip to hire cars on rent for holidays is to make your bookings much in advance. This is advised so because rates considerably vary on the time you have made the bookings on. In case you are looking for a particular model to rent for your holiday and the number of such models are less you may have to end up paying a lot more than the actual cost of hiring.
" When hiring cars for holidays there may be certain terms on the contract regarding the fuel charges. Ideally there are two instances. Sometimes they offer you to pay for the full tank in advance and you may return the car with an empty tank. It is convenient only in case you are absolutely sure to utilize the entire amount of fuel, else you may choose to refuel as per your requirement.
" In case you are a person who loves to take frequent vacations, always opt for membership schemes. Most companies offer you a number of perks like points on extra mileage, additional insurance coverage and sometimes added miles for frequent fliers as well. In case you want to hire a car for a short period of time it is always advised that you go ahead with a local company as it would be cheaper.
" You should always have a copy of your reservation voucher with you and look through all the minor clauses mentioned on it. People mostly rush through the service agreement owing to impatience. Most of the SLA have a host of hidden clauses mentioned which if not read carefully may lead to an unpleasant surprise for you.
Renting a car in North West London has a host of offering, most of which comes across through combo packages. Sometimes you may have the offer of upgrading yourself to a larger vehicle at a relatively lower cost. But unless of course you actually need it, it does not seem to be a viable offer.
What We Covered So Far
The demand for renting cars for holidays is gradually rising each day. It is simply because of the fact that people want to try out a new experience without being directly associated with the cost of owning the same. Renting cars helps in giving an additional leverage upon saving costs which you would have otherwise spent on maintenance along with the period insurance and repair of parts. It gives people the experience of ownership even if it is for a short span of time. Renting cars gives the additional features of variations to suit the sensibilities and tastes of people which keep on changing from time to time.
In order to sum up the advantages of renting a car for holidaying in North West London, here are a list of considerations which may help you in the process of understanding why we recommend so-
1. Sense of ownership is reduced.
2. Variations in car model for a diverse driving experience.
3. Ability to explore geographic areas beyond the scope of trains and flights.
4. Experience the local culture and countryside.
5. Hassle free experience.
6. Greater mileage of new cars
7. Freedom to travel without being time bound.
8. It may lead to purchase decisions later on.
9. Easy mode of payment and booking.
10. Numerous companies to choose from.
North West London besides being alluring to tourists for the scenic beauty that it offers, it has a diverse mix of lifestyles. From time to time it has invited people from all across the globe to explore and analyze the diversified mix of culture and classes. From intellectuals of Hampstead to a relatively young spirited population of Camden town, the Wembley Stadium, pubs, punk culture there are plenty of savors here. It is also well connected to parts of Europe. Hence it is because of this reason that it is a sought after location for holidaying amongst people from all across.
Having mentioned the above guidelines it is however recommended that before jumping into conclusions it is always advised that you do your research properly. If you want to save further on your pocket you will have to look forward for more details and discounts. Check through the company websites and see if you can find yourself a suitable deal. Understand the need and the purpose of the decision over and above everything. You should also take proper guard against all the issues that generally crop up while renting a car, to make your holiday a memorable one.
Buying a car can be tough for people with low credit scores or poor credit histories. You may not get approved for a car loan, but you can rent a hire without hassles under similar conditions. Even if you get approved for car loans, you will be bound to pay high monthly instalments and you will only own the car once you have repaid the entire loan amount. By the time you repay the loan amount completely, the vehicle's value may have decreased by 20-40 percent. Renting a car makes sense here, since you will not have to worry about the depreciating value of the vehicle.
So, whether you are going on a business tour or a leisure trip, cheap car hire services in Wembley will provide the perfect transportation solution. If you are among those who do not use a car too often, it might just get too expensive to maintain a car. In such situations, hiring a car on daily basis or on a short term would be a better option. Hiring a car can also come in handy, while moving things from location to another. If you don't want to hire movers & packers, you can hire a van and move things yourself. Renting a car is much easier than buying one, since the cheap car hire services in Wembley will make all arrangements on behalf of you, while you enjoy the drive.
Long Term Car Rentals in Wembley
Transportation is an essential part of our life and to make things easier, car rentals are available for varying tenures. So while you can hire a car for single day, you also have the option to hire it for a longer period. Most of the car rental companies would offer car rental on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Many rental companies would also offer car leasing options that allow you to keep the car for years (ideally 2-3 years). So depending upon your car rental requirements you can hire a car of your choice.
There may be many reasons why you would want to hire a car for a long term. Some common reasons for hiring a long term car rental are - extended vacations, temporary relocation, business purposes, etc. Businesses who are in need to deliver items (florists, grocery stores, etc), but are not able to own a car can also take advantage of long term car rentals.
Many people have the perception that hiring a vehicle for long term might be very expensive, but in contrary, long term car rentals are much cheaper. Businesses can specially benefit from long term rentals since they can save money as well as have peace of mind. It is difficult, especially for small businesses, to maintain more than one type of car, since the maintenance costs go up considerably, but if you consider hiring a car, you can choose a car according to your needs. You do not have to worry about insurance claims, tyre replacements, repairs, etc. All you do is pay the upfront money and the monthly payments and have peace of mind.
Benefits of Long Term Car Rental
Some of the major benefits of hiring a long term car rental from cheap car hire services in Wembley are:
1. More convenient and less expensive than availing public transport.
2. Less expensive than purchasing a car that will not be used frequently
3. Lower insurance costs
4. Maintenance costs are minimum, just the fuel costs.
5. 24-hour assistance in case of breakdowns or other problems.
6. Cheaper than daily and weekly rentals
Getting the Best Deals on Long Term Rentals
A number of cheap car hire services in Wembley offer long term car rentals, but make sure you get the best deal. The rates vary considerably with individual dealers, so make sure you shop around to get the best deal. A few tips will help you find the best prices:
@ Determine the period for which you need to hire a car. Hiring a car for 60 days will be cheaper than hiring a car for 30days, so it is essential that you know how long you will need the car.
@ A number of deals and discounts are offered to renters who hire a car for long term. So make sure ask about the "frequent flyer" programs, "frequent renter" programs and other discounts if available.
@ Get quotes from several car rental companies. Compare these rates to find the best deals and ensure the rates are inclusive of insurance, taxes and fees.
@ Ask whether you can use the coverage provided by your auto insurance or the credit card company. This can help you save on the rental insurance.
@ Make sure you read the policies well to find out if there are hidden costs or not.
@ Long term car rentals are the ideal transportation solution for those willing to drive a car for a long period of time without owning the vehicle. Not only will it help you save money, but you can use it as your ownership car till the agreement ends.
Last Minute Car Hire in Wembley
No matter how diligently you plan your vacations, last minute emergencies can ruin all your excitement. You can make last minute plans, but all your plans to visit your favourite locations are put on a pause till you get hold of a last minute car rental deal. When looking for last minute car rental deals it is important that you compare deals, vehicles and do enough research to ensure you do not end up overspending.
With last minute car hiring you can either get an amazing deal or all your hard earned money can go to the rental agency. There is no need to fret since clever planning can help you get the best possible deals on last minute deals from cheap car hire services in Wembley. Some of the following tips and tricks will help you plan your last minute vacations without draining all your savings:
The key to get hold of the best possible deal is to compare quotes from as many car rental agencies as possible. If you are in a hurry, make sure you compare quotes from at least 3 companies. Being flexible with the pick-up location can make hiring cars at the last moment easier and affordable.
Try Out Smaller Car Rental Agencies
If you are looking for an affordable last minute car rental, check out the lesser known car rental agencies. This is where you can find a car of your choice as well affordable rates. These are mostly off-airport locations which many people are not aware of. If you are not lucky to find a car in the last minute, you can ask the rental company to check with the other locations (if they have other branches).
Check Out All Types of Car
When hiring a car under normal circumstances, it is important to hire a car that is apt for your travelling needs - so if a family is out on a vacation, a compact car should be enough. But when you are looking for last minute deals, it is necessary to be flexible with the choice of car. You might not find a compact car, but you may be lucky find a SUV or convertible at a great price.
There is less demand for specialty cars at specific times of the year, so you can gain from this low demand. The rental company want their cars to be rented out rather than keep them in the garage, so you might also be in a situation to negotiate. Evaluate the situation well and then quote your price.
Shop for Deals Online
Searching last minute car rental deals on the Internet will fetch you quick and easy results. There are a lot of websites that offer side-by-side price comparison features, so you can put in phrases like "lat minute car rental Wembley" and check the deals that come up.
You can also check out deals from lesser known car rental companies on such websites. You will get the price breakdowns which makes it easier for you to compare the deals. Many companies also provide offers on last minute deals, so make sure you check their official websites for deals and discounts.
Once you find a deal suitable for your travel plans, book it immediately. You may have to pay a portion of the rental cost in advance, which is non-refundable in most cases. This means you will not be able to change your plans further. If there are further changes in your travel plans, you will have to let go of the money paid in advance. Last minute car rentals can be expensive, so it is essential that you do a thorough homework before booking the rental.
Many car rental companies may also charge you extra for booking a car in the last minute, so check whether there are hidden fees associated with last minute bookings or not. If you are flexible with your travel plans, it is best to find a last minute car rental and then make the rest of your travel plan, since a lot depends on whether you are able to arrange for a means of transportation or not.
How to Save on Car Rentals
As the festive season arrives, many of you will be busy planning your next vacation. Right on the top of the checklist would be car rentals, since your travel plans depend a lot on the car rental deal. Since you can't devote the entire budget towards hiring a car, you will have to find out ways which will help you save money and make the car rental affordable.
While it is essential to hire a car, you also need to be aware of the factors that can make the rental bills go skyrocketing. Here are some tips that will help you save a lot on your next vacation car rental:
Book the Car Yourself
Prefer booking a car rental through a travel agent? Yes travel agents can save a lot of time energy, but have you ever imagined how do travel agents make profits? They live on commissions, so the more expensive the deal the more will they earn. If you really want to save money on your car rental, avoid making bookings through travel agents. Booking a car rental is no rocket science - just look for car rental companies close to your location, get the contact details and book the rental car online or by visiting their office. You can be lucky to get discounts if you personally visit the car rental company to book the car.
Book in Advance
The car rental rates increase as the service date approaches. The rates are higher during festive season, so it is always good to make the booking well in advance. The rates depend on the demand and supply ratios, as the demand increases, so do the rates. Booking in advance will not only help you avoid paying excess rates but you will also be in a better position to find your favourite car.
Choose a Compact Car
The choice of car is an important factor if you want to save money on your car rental. Compact and mid-sized cars consume less fuel than the larger vehicles. So even if the SUV looks alluring, hold yourself back. The larger the vehicle the more will be the fuel consumption. Owing to the fact that fuel is too expensive, you should choose the rental car wisely.
Avoid Paying Upfront
Many cheap car hire services in Wembley would offer attractive deals but they require you to pay upfront. It is good to avoid paying upfront, since if you have to make last minute changes, the rental company may charge cancellation fees or in worst case, if the upfront payment is refundable, you lose all the money. It is best to look for car rental deals which do not require paying upfront. This means, you will be in a better position in case you have to make cancellations.
Check Rates for Various Rental Periods
Hiring a car for 5 days may be cheaper than hiring the same car for 3 days. Surprised! Yes many car rental companies offer special rates for specific rental periods. Before you make the booking make sure you check all the options. It is recommended to hire the car for the number of days which is eligible for special rates and then returning the car before that (if there are no early return penalties). Also check the weekend rates. Weekend rates are lower than those on weekdays. If possible try to rent a car on a weekend to get lower rates.
Check Out Relocation Deals
Car rental companies require relocating their cars from one location to the other at regular intervals, which means they will have to pay the driver, bear fuel costs and all other costs. If your destination matches with the car rental's relocation destination, you might be lucky to hire the car at rock bottom rates. Sometimes the rental company would also cover fuel costs. The only downside of such deals is that you will have to travel between the certain dates. This great if you are flexible with your travel plans.
Hire Car from Locals
A number of people might be willing to rent out their car to earn some extra money. These deals can help you save a lot of money, while the terms and conditions are similar to those with regular car rental companies. You can negotiate with the car owners to get the best deals.
Planning ahead and remembering these tips will surely help you to save money on your car rental deal. Some more recommendations for saving money are - look for older models which are not in demand, check how the rental company charge you for passing the toll roads, etc. Before you leave for the airport, check the last minute deals. If you find better rates, book them and cancel the earlier ones.
Car Hire Cons - Revealed!
Car rentals have become an essential part of our life and it is important that you choose the right car rental deal to have a good rental experience. Most of the cheap car hire services in Wembley will offer the best deals to maintain their reputations, but there are companies that want to make some extra profit by conning the renters.
Nothing can mar a blissful holiday more than a car rental gone bad. It is thus very important that the renters do an in-depth research about car rentals before signing the deal. To avoid paying extra on your car rental, make sure you protect yourself from being conned. The following tips will save you from paying extra:
Return Car with Full Tank
Many car hire companies would ask you to return the car with an empty tank, while they will offer a full tank when you drive off. The rental companies demand this is the best and the most convenient deal for the renters, but in contrast to what they say, it is a way of making profit. It is almost impossible for you to return a car with empty tank, so most of the times you'll return the car with quarter tank full. This means next time the company rents out the car, it will have to fill just three quarters of the tank, while they charge for a full tank. By doing this rental companies make profit close to £2,000 per week.
Extra Charges for Extra Drivers
When out on a vacation, it is most evident that you'll want your spouse or a family member to share the driving loads, but if you are driving a rented car, be prepared to pay extra for each extra driver. Charges for the extra driver can be more than £10 a day, though many car rental companies would have caps on the total amount bring charged for extra drivers. One way to lower this charge is to opt for a higher level package. By taking a higher level package, you may be offered a full tank of fuel and 2-3 extra drivers. The offerings vary with individual car renting companies, so make sure you ask about the high level rental packages.
Pay Using Credit Cards
As a security policy, many car rental companies will ask for a deposit or a copy of your card. Never provide your debit cards, it the company is able to peep into your account. Try using a credit card when paying for car rentals, since you have better protection in case there is a problem. According to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the credit card company will be equally liable in case of disputes.
Again there is a gap between rental company charging your card and when the credit card company actually takes out the money from your account. So you have enough time to scrutinize the transactions and report it if there are discrepancies. Also insist the car rental company to charge in the local currency, since converting currency would be offered at unfavourable exchange rate.
Speeding Fines can Haunt You
If you are crossing the speed limits, the tickets will be raised in name of the rental company and in turn the rental company would charge you hefty amounts. Don't think you can get away from paying these fines since the rental company has all your contact details, along with your residential address. Be aware of the drink and drive limits and be careful when parking the rented car. In case you meet an accident, inform the rental company and follow the rules. Never make the mistake of running away from the scene.
Return the Car on Time
You can be charged heavily to return the car late, so make sure you return the car on time. Some cheap car hire services in Wembley would offer grace periods, so check the grace period limits. Make sure that you read the fine prints before hiring the car, since the car rental company can charge you for a full day in an event of delayed return.
Check the Mileage Limits and Toll Charges
Most car rentals would have mileage caps and would charge for all the toll roads you cross. This means the moment you cross the mileage limit, you will have to pay extra for each mile and this can make your rental bill touch the sky. Same goes with the toll charges, initially the rental company would be charged for tolls and then you will be asked to pay double (sometimes even more) the amount. So check the mileage limits and avoid toll roads as much as possible.
Collect Drop-off Evidences
Make sure you collect evidences (in form of photos, videos or confirmation by representatives) about returning the car in good condition. If you fail to do so, you can be charged heavily for damages made after you've returned the car. If there is no one to check the car on returning, park the car safely, take pictures and ask for confirmation about returning the car safely as soon as possible.
At times you cannot do without renting a car even if you have a car of your own. To make the most out of your car rental, make sure you do thorough research about renting a car, its pros and cons as well as the pitfalls can drain all your hard earned money.
Nothing can satisfy you more than striking the right car rental deal. One thing that must be taken care of while renting cars is to check the reputation of the car rental company. Reputed car rental companies, like YesCarRental, will offer authentic deals and stick to what they say; this means they will never add hidden costs to your bill. Even if their charges are high compared to other rental companies, you'll be benefited in the long term.
One more thing that can save a lot of money is 'special discounts'. Discounts are offered in many forms like seasonal discounts, festive discounts, student discounts, so on and so forth. So when looking for a rental car, also check whether you are eligible to get discounts or not. Even if there are no discounts, try negotiating the rates as much as you can. The lower rates you are able to get, there more savings you can do on your overall rental bill.
Planning before hiring a car from cheap car hire services in Wembley is essential to have a great car rental experience. Book ahead of time, choose the right car and compare deals - by following these simple steps you will be able to make the most out of your car rental.
Renting a car over owning it is the general norm nowadays. With the availability of numerous car rental services across London consumers are spoilt for choice. There are options available from car to trucks, off road to economy to super luxury ones. Consumers can hence choose from such a wide range of fleet depending on their budget and requirement. It has been seen that the percentage of ownership has dipped owing to the increasing cost of maintenance and insurance. Renting a car has become trendier and a cost effective option chosen by people to commute around.
Numerous car rental companies have emerged over the years. Car rentals have become easier with car categories breakdown along with a full vehicle fleet guides to help people make their choice. Consumers can personalize their drive and ensure that it is comfortable, safe and fun with added features like a navigation system, winter tires and baby car seats. Apart from this there are other features such as flexible rental terms. In such a case a person can enjoy his freedom and peace of mind by including features such as unlimited miles; sometimes a second driver and can also extend his insurance package.
North West London has a diverse mix of lifestyles. It invites visitors to explore and analyze the engaging mix of cultures and classes. From intellectuals in Hampstead to a punk population in Camden town, Jewish Restaurants, Wembley Stadium, Irish pubs, there are plenty of savors here. It also has prime connectivity to parts of Europe too. It is a major tourist destination and hence the rising need of car rental service in North West London is observed.
The Emerging Trend of Hiring Cars
A car is a basic lifestyle need for residing in a city like that of London. However owing to the cost of living index which is particularly higher in such a city, owning one is a constraint for most individuals. Need to own a car can be individualistic and cannot be generalized. For some it is a status requirement while for some it is for travelling. In order to cater to such needs and at the same time to wave off a recurring monthly cost, people are opting to hire cars over owing them.
Most companies have a wide variety of features which has made consumers make renting decisions prompter and easier. Various packages to suit all income levels with a variety of cars to choose from have made the overall experience pleasant and hassle free. A person need not worry about the maintenance cost or for that matter insurance as well for a hired car.
People opting for hiring cars need not worry on the depreciating cost of cars which becomes a matter of concern while disposing off in case of ownership. Also to note further, the initial down payment in case of renting cars in much cheaper in comparison to purchasing it. It is because of these reasons that car rental service has overall risen.
Features Offered by Car Rental Service Providers
There are a plethora of services offered by most car rental service providers across North West London. Let us have a look at those below-
1. Pick and Drop- Most service providers offer this. It helps in saving cost and time as well. You can probably get your hired vehicle delivered and picked up from your doorstep, your place of work or at any other place of your convenience.
2. Efficient customer care- There is mobile application of most organizations which can easily be downloaded. This way booking can be made in a hassle free manner. The reservation management system has improved over the years. Customer care executives assistance is provided throughout the process of booking.
3. Movers and Packers- Apart from hiring cars for personal use there are vans or goods carriers available too. These help in moving packages and goods ion case of relocation.
4. Added Features- many companies offer customized rental plans. Here the customer can have the option of choosing from extending his insurance package to reworking on the time frame for which the car was hired. Generally in most cases the time period for hiring a car is for a minimum locking period of 28 days. Many companies also offer the option of buying off the car at the time of renewal of the rental contract.
5. Variety of cars on hire- mainly the choice of a vehicle to hire depends on your requirement and budget. In most cases there is a wide range of options available to help consumers decide upon the same. The basic categories include multi utility vehicles, economy class cars to luxury ones. They have further options like that of hatchbacks, convertibles and sports model too. . People can also customize the look of the car as per their choice.
Tips to Find the Best Car Rental Service in North West London
North West London is a prime location that can be explored and analyzed well if you are well aware of the routes and the places. In case if you are not, the easiest option to go for is to hire a car along with a local driver who can make your touring experience memorable. However you should do your homework while choosing from the various service providers available.
When renting a car, you will need to make certain decisions, including whom to rent your car from, what kind of car to get, where to pick it up from and what is the best price to avail off. Here are certain tips that can help you in the entire process of making a decision to choose a car for rent:
1. Always Perform a Comprehensive Car Rentals Search
This will help you understand which company is offering you services at what price. You will acquire better knowledge in the process and comparison of deals shall help you make a better choice. You can also enter destinations that you wish to visit and search for package options if available or not. It is also important to understand whether the service provider is the one who is actually selling the deals or not.
A proper breakup of the deal is very important for you to understand the actual cost of rent. You should always guard against hidden costs and hence reading the car rental contract is of utmost importance before agreeing to it. A company that offers a transparent deal with proper cost breakup should always be opted for. It is seen that weekend rates are generally cheaper in order to attract more people to opt for renting than on week days. Hence make your renting choice likewise.
2. Visit the Car Rental Company Personally
Before choosing to agree on a particular company for hiring a car it is always important that you go and visit their nearest branch. Speak to the customer care executive upfront and clarify all your doubts. Discuss your requirement and ask for all the terms to be clarified to you. Only if you come across the customer care executive to be friendly and has explained you not only the terms but the value added offerings, you can thus go for it. In cases of trouble a replacement car is likely to be sent across to you, in case you choose a well renowned company.
3. Do a Thorough Background Check
Due to the rise in fraud cases it is the ultimate responsibility of the consumer to do proper background search of the company from which he is hiring. It is advisable that you read all reviews from customers online before taking your call. It is recommended that services should be undertaken from a well-established organization of repute with branch offices all over. In such a case even if you happen to come across a problem, you can immediately refer your case to the nearest branch.
4. Be Careful with you Card Details
Most of the payments are done online. Be wary of revealing your internet banking details or credit/debit card details. Only reveal such information to organizations that offer proper confidentiality of a consumer's data. In most cases the norm is to take a part payment to confirm your booking and the rest after you have availed of the services. Always guard against companies that operate on a prepaid model of payment as you are ideally paying off even before taking the service.
5. Don't Make Impulsive Decisions
It is very important to understand that you are not making a decision to rent a car out of impulse. Understand your requirements and the purpose behind the decision. In cases where you take an irrational decision, chances are that you miss out on checking vital information such as the condition of the car, the insurance coverage, receipts of insurance premium payments, and so on. While you are in the process of decision making always check through the condition of the car not only the exterior but the interior as well. You can also take along a car fanatic who would be in a better position to judge the working condition of the car. Get all the paperwork thoroughly checked in by your lawyer. Test driving a car is also a good method of evaluation.
6. Book Your Car in Advance
It is always advisable to book your car much prior. As the saying goes that the early bird gets the real worm. No matter how clichéd it may sound but it hold true for booking cars on rent. It is primarily because rates depend on how many cars are available at the time of rent. Hence book your car at least a week or two prior.
7. Check the Fuel Options
When it comes to fuel charges, car renters have the two options. They can either choose to pay in advance for a full tank and bring the car with the fuel tank empty, or they can also refuel the tank as per their requirement. Most companies suggest that you should go ahead in terms of paying for the prepaid model, but it is not convenient unless of course you are absolutely sure of using the same to the full. Else it so shall happen that you may end up paying much more than you actually consumed. However though it does save time and energy of having to wait in a gas station.
8. Be Careful of Hidden Costs
Most car rental service in North West London provide a combo package so that you can upgrade to a larger vehicle at a comparatively lower cost. However it is recommended opt for it only if you truly require a larger vehicle. If you don't, the original offer would be much cheaper for you. Besides, a larger vehicle generally tends to require much fuel; hence the cost that you save initially is burned out in a different way.
9. Parents Get Your Own Child Safety Seat
In case you are travelling with a child, you can save on additional costs by bring your own child safety seat. Most service providers charge you additionally if you happen to require the same. Also you can do a research to find out that there is numerous car rental services in North West London who provide for child safety seats at no additional cost. This can thus bring down your car rental expenses significantly. You can also save for paying extra for a navigation feature, as you can easily use your smart phone for the same.
10. Check for Membership Options
Opting for club memberships can also bring down your car rental costs. Most companies have memberships wherein a member can pay for services for a year and avail of certain perks and privileges. This is advisable in cases you are a frequent renter. Perks include extra mileage, additional insurance coverage; free rental days and airline miles to name a few. In case you are looking forward to save costs always opt out for a smaller available model. In case you are looking forward to hire cars on a short note then probably choosing from a reputed brand is advisable. If you looking ahead to rent a car for a longer period of time you can get better deals from a local service provider.
11. Ask for Discounts
You can always ask for discounts for any major national organizations like that of credit card programs to which you belong. Always check for promotional codes if any to further lower your costs. Taking precautionary guards against such mistakes can hugely save your car rentals expenses to a great deal.
12. Don't Pay for Addition Insurance Coverage
You should also never pay for additional insurance coverage which is just not required. In case you happen to make your payment from a credit card, it will automatically pay in for anything that your personal policy does not cover. At the same time you would not have to pay for the deductibles too. Hence check through all insurance policies so that you can decline to take additional ones.
13. Double Check Currency Conversions
Always double check currency conversions as some sites may project the dollar rates to be cheaper while it may give you a complete different picture in reality. Do convert your prices in order to understand fudged up rates. This will give you better clarity in comparing prices and help take your decisions better. Apart from this it is the trend is the longer you rent the lesser is the price per day. It might so happen that renting cars for a period of seven days might cost you the same as renting for a period of two days.
14. Pay Upfront Fee
You should always opt out for paying an upfront fee for renting cars. Most likely you shall end up getting a discount and paying for generally the amount that was told to you. This shall prevent you from an overseas transaction fee on your credit card. Apart from this in case you are purchasing a collision damage waiver as insurance most likely it would be cheaper in case you pay upfront.
Also it has been seen that there are typically a lot of conditions when it comes to cancelling the transaction. In such cases be wary of the cancellation fee and unless you are sure of the company's cancellation policy, you should only then take your decision.
15. Read the Contract Properly
Last but not the least; do ensure that you read the fine print of your reservation voucher after having made the payment. Many a time people tend to overlook minor details in a state of hurry. Either they are jetlagged or in a rush to hit the roads. Do not forget to take a copy of your voucher along with you. Many a times it so happens that you book your rental over phone and chances are that might skip over certain details. In such cases you might end up paying more than the actual cost. Hence reading the same before moving ahead may help you avoid unpleasant surprises.
Options for Car Rental Company
There are innumerable car rental services in North West London to choose from. Most of us start our search on a travel booking site like that Expedia. However it is but natural that you might like to determine which company's offer involves the best combination of rates with the fees and the extras that you are looking for.
Service, pick up and drop, are other determinants of your decision making process. Even though such information is available over the internet it is easier to make a phone call to get all your questions answered.
There are numerous Europe based agencies in North West London such as the YesCarRentals. It is a well reputed car rental service provider in London. With a wide fleet of cars available for hire, it has deals and offers to suit the need and budget of all. It further offers to rent cars to young drivers over the age of 21, which is the unique selling proposition of the firm. Its main objective is to help the process of renting cars easy and accessible for everyone.
Some Common Mistakes to Guard Against While Renting Cars
There are many a time that in the process of renting a car we overlook certain areas and go ahead with our decision. Mentioned below are certain common mistakes which should be taken care off while renting cars:
· You should take guard against booking your car from the airport. Most people do so and end up paying a very high premium for the convenience. In such cases you have to incur a lot of surcharges which accounts to almost 10% of the rental rate in addition to other taxes. However most car rental services in North West London are more than happy to pick you up from the airport. This way you do not have to sacrifice convenience for cost savings.
· In situations where the booking of the car requires you to return the car with a full gas tank, do remember to do so. In case you forget to do so, the company has full rights to pay you a predetermined price per gallon of gas which is generally higher in comparison to local gas prices.
· Make sure that you know the percentage of the add-on that is payable along with the rental fair. In most cases the taxes for international car rentals can be around 10-30%. Additionally international car rentals are subjected to a possible value added tax (VAT). Hence you should read the agreement before agreeing on the liability.
· Pre rental inspection of utmost importance. You should always check for even minute details before hiring a car. This may include scratches, cracks in light covers, mirrors or wind shields, body dents, chipped paint, stains in the upholstery or other seemingly minor problems. The reason why you should mention such instances before hiring only so as to notify that you are not held responsible for such problems and pay for it later on at the time of return.
· When it comes to insurance be knowledgeable about the insurance coverage that the car has. Generally Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) is the most important one that provides accidental death and medical coverage for the renter and additional passenger during the time they are riding or driving with you. Personal Effects Coverage (PEC) provides protection against the loss or theft of personal belongings from the rented car. You need to check with your own auto insurance in order to understand whether additional excess coverage is already provided or not. In case it is then you need not opt for any additional insurance.
· Always ensure to verify your confirmation before departing. Your confirmation voucher will have reference code, the duration details, your payment amount, and the specifications of the car that you have reserved besides the company name. In case you have two different flight timings to attend ensure that you inform the same to the car rental company so that they may hold your reservation and not cancel it. Most often people forget to inform the company as a result of which their bookings are cancelled.
· In case you happen to return the car after four hours from the time you were supposed to return, it is generally advised to extend your contract over another day rather than paying for the hourly rents which is generally higher. People often end up paying a huge amount failing to return the car on time.
· All rental cars are liable for all parking and traffic violations. Hence be wary of the traffic guidelines while taking the car on rent. Most insurance coverage and contracts are void if you happen to encounter an accident under the influence of drugs or alcohol. This can lead to severe financial expenses if not taken guard against.
· In case you have hired a driver along with the car make sure to check all his license documents before allowing him to drive. In case you have already mentioned that you can drive yourself and still they have send across a driver, make sure to notify them at once. Failing to do so, a huge amount of charge may be levied upon you without your requirement for it also.
· In case you are opting to drive a car all by yourself, do make sure that you own a valid International driving license. This shall be further verified by the car rental service provider before handing over the car to you for rent. They might as well keep a photocopy of your driving license with them as well.
Renting cars have always been convenient over owing them. They give the sense of ownership of cars for a given period of time without having to take additional responsibilities for the same. You can have your peace of mind and freedom as well. The trend of renting over owing is predominant in case of urban and well-populated areas.
People have chosen this path because of the convenience it offers and reduce the burden of maintenance, insurance and depreciation drastically. With numerous car rental service providers available in plenty across various destinations in North West London, people have more options to choose from. Companies with various outlets are available making it easier for people to book their reservations.
You can hence ideally let go off the perils of ownership. However it is very important to do your research before opting for hiring cars. Make sure you guard against the mistakes as mentioned above in the article and follow the tips for renting, which would make the entire process a pleasurable one for you. However having said to make your research the best way still is to go by the reputation of the company while choosing a car rental service.
The trend of renting a car is mostly predominant in urban and well populated areas over owning the same. It is because of the rising cost of maintenance, insurance and fuel in the UK which has led to more and more people opting for renting a car as owning more than one seems to be an impractical choice of lifestyle. The percentage of ownership of cars has drastically gone down in the recent past, and the trend seems to follow the same path in the coming years too. Nowadays due to the availability of numerous substitutes like that of public transport and cycling schemes, people are spoilt for choice when it comes to moving around.
The demand for renting cars is observed to be rising particularly from the residential areas either with people not owning a car or with limited number of vehicles. It is more prevalent around locations away from the airport as it seems to be more convenient for commutation to both city locations and outskirts.
Availability of Car Hiring Companies
With the advent of innumerable car rental companies across U.K, people have the scope to choose either a small town car, with automatic or manual gears, or bigger options for the need to transport a good number of people and other commodities for that matter. The process of renting cars too have simplified over time.With a simple click on the various links available over the internet, bookings can be easily made.
Use of online reservation systems have emerged making the entire process all the more consumer friendly and convenient. With this consumers have options to compare prices and select the best suitable offer to avail off. There are numerous online communities which allow users to directly contact drivers or car rental agencies to rent their cars safely and derive money in the process. Various mobile application tools too have emerged for bookings likewise.
Hiring Cars in Wembley
Wembley an area which lies within London, near the Welsh Harp Reservoir, is today one of the popular junctions which offer a wide range of car rental services. It is because of the location of this place that companies have emerged over time with a variety of offerings.
Primarily there are three reasons for rising demand of renting cars in this place.
· It is mainly a residential area, with a considerable population.
· The location offers a plethora of places to visit for sightseeing like the Wembley Arena, St.Stephen's Church, Wembley Stadium, Barham Park to name a few.
· Owing to the wide range of connectivity people can also choose to visit Wembley and mainland Europe.
Hiring Cars over Ownership
Nowadays with the rising cost of living, it is practically impossible to own cars in UK. At the same time, having a car at your disposal too is required. There can be various needs associated with cars, like an attribute to lifestyle, travel and to cater to exigencies. Need arises due to situations and are completely individualistic. People have shifted to renting cars over owning the same due to recurring costs associated with it. So in order to not incur costs on a daily basis and at the same time enjoy the experience of a car people are willing to pay for a temporary luxury experience. Also with most companies, offering comprehensive insurance facilities, renting cars is a pleasant and hassle free experience.
Various packages are designed to suit the needs and pockets of all income levels, along with a variety of options as offerings to enhance a consumer's overall experience. Renting cars is the best way to manage your expenses on a monthly note. Sometimes though people get sentimental over ownership but it is always practical for a middle class family in UK to opt out for renting rather than buying. Ideally a reason why it helps saving costs is because you don't have to worry about the regular maintenance cost of insurance and repair.
You also get to ride newer options very frequently depending on the time period that you have hired the car for. People wanting to change their owned cars also have to worry about ways to dispose of the previous one which in itself involves a lot of worry. Hence in case of rented cars people do not have to worry about the resale options required. Also the one more thing that can be taken care off while renting cars is the low initial payment in comparison to the payments made for purchase of cars.
With the rising cost of interest on car loans renting a car is always better than owning the same. We shall now understand the various nuances of car rentals in the following sections.
Variety of Cars on Hire
Choosing a car depends on the purpose for which you are opting to rent. Sometimes it also depends on the availability of the vehicle. So it is always advisable to choose and rent well in advance. With the rising demand of cars on rent, availability and matching the same with the budget becomes a constraint. Almost always it is observed that consumers tend to pay more in order to avail cars, due to unavailability of options.
In such cases it is also recommended that consumers choose else from other service providers rather than sticking to the same ones. Most of the people do not shift loyalty owing to the level of experience once shared. However be the case, whether the travel is for a single person, or for a number of people it is always better to evaluate options but deciding on one.
Following are the basic categories available to choose from- 1. Spacious people carriers 2. Economy class 3. Luxury class
All these sections further have sports, convertibles, hatchbacks, vans, estates. They also have options to customize cars as per consumer demands. So ideally whether it a functional Toyota to a luxurious Mercedes, practically every range of cars is available for hire.
Process of Hiring a Car
Exploring Wembley and choosing it as a starting point of travel is the best possible thing to do. It gives you the freedom to experience sightseeing in a new way. The major lookout of any consumer is to opt for the easiest and the most convenient search, when it comes to booking a car on rent. Ideally the below mentioned points need to be catered to people by service providers-
1. Choosing a simplified option for booking- like for instance, search, select and book. The ideal situation is in cases where there is no account set up required.
2. The other most important feature a consumer looks for is the reliability of the service provider.
3. Variety of cars to choose from. Also delivery and collection of customers in case they are unable to find the location of the nearest branch to do their booking is an added feature that is offered nowadays.
4. Various offers like that of packages, deals to serve a client is a major proposition. The quality and condition of the car should be appealing enough to give consumers a near ownership experience though temporary. Most companies offer brand new vehicles to customers for hire these days.
5. Service time delivery, behavior of drivers, calls centre representatives, and after sale service are major drivers of the business.
6. Comparing the deals and finding out if the service provider is actually selling the deals or nor, or are there any hidden costs or conditions applicable. It is always better to cross check the breakup of the tour expenses in order to understand how much exactly you are paying for the service. It is also advisable to check the functioning of the meter boxes, the overall condition of the car provided. Online prices should be competitive and best in class.
7. As the saying goes across that prevention is better than cure, the same holds true for car rentals too. With the increase in the crime rates and cases of fraud consumers are advised to be cautious of the service provider background. A thorough research of the background and the overall reviews against the company need to be evaluated before availing of the service. Safeties of customers are emerging as a top priority concern to be taken care of by car rental agencies. So it is made mandatory for majorly all drivers to sign up a rental agreement along with producing various other credentials like driving license details, landline telephone bills to verify address. All these documents need to be registered with the police. Several background checks need to be conducted before employment. And consumers should ask the service provider to share the details of the driver beforehand. Also various branches at nearby locations is a mandate for customers to solve queries or problems.
8. Before entering into an agreement with the service provider it is mandatory to go through all the details before signing the same. Also it is seen that sales person try to incorporate and club in last minute offers to the contract. It is advised to refrain from entertaining such propositions. It is also essential to have a copy of your request receipt for further reference.
Companies Offering Car Hire Services in Wembley
Wembley is a prime location for tourists and owing to the well connectivity it offers there are numerous companies available to renting cars. Companies offering to hire cars are available as a standalone company located at various places or near airports. There are also various outlets available, hence consumers can book cars from whichever place they are in.
Such companies have a wide range of offering of cars for consumers to choose from as per need. They offer quick fix solution to people who either do not own a car, or temporarily want a substitute for their primary car. These companies offer to rent cars solely for the purpose of business and generally do not wish to offer cars on sale.
Yes Car Rentals provides for a complete set of cars for hire, in Wembley. It is a one stop solution for all hiring needs for cars with friendly and reliable service. It has a wide range of offers daily to choose from with a minimum locking period of 28 days for hiring a car. From luxury to economy class there is a variety of cars to choose from to suit your needs. What's more! It gives car on hires for a self driven experience, to students and the younger generation. This way it has made hiring cars easily accessible to all.
Time Period for Hiring Cars
Time period for renting cars varies from company to company. It is ideally a small time commitment between the consumer and the company. Companies which offer options to hire do not generally have cars for lease or sale. Most companies offer cars to be on hire for days, weeks or sometimes for a minimum commitment of 28 days.
Mode of Payment
These days with the help of various online portals available, payments can be made very easily. Most companies opt for prepaid bookings in order to guarantee assurance of the booking. There are various payment gateways to facilitate faster process of reservation confirmation.
In some cases where the booking are made via credit cards and the person concerned is not available at the time of payment. In such cases a third party authorization form needs to be duly filled up by the customer at the start of the rental. This also assures that the consumer is well aware of the terms and conditions.
However failing to abide by such regulations, the booking shall not be honored.
General Guidelines for Hiring Cars
· All regulations are in accordance with the reservation system for vehicle rent. Most companies allow consumers to make bookings via online modes of reservation. The consumer should be well aware of the norms while making the move. The essence of the agreement has to be understood that whether the terms are in direct association between the company and the consumer or is it via a vendor. In such cases special guard needs to be taken to understand the nuances involved in agreements
· All information pertaining to credit card and other related details are governed under the protection of personal data law.
· In case of service requests not honored between the agent and the consumer, the agent is responsible only for a limited liability for the amount accountable for agent commission and not other services. In most cases the agent is not responsible for reimbursement of already paid up expenses.
· Generally while making a reservation, a token amount needs to be paid for initiation of the process with the rest of the balance payable at the point of delivery. However in some cases the entire amount needs to be paid off early with additional amounts payable at service delivery on account of extra fuel or kilometers travelled.
· Many a time's changes in the reservation can be made with the help of additional features in the website. However they don't accept changes in payment. Before proceeding to the payment gateway, consumers should always check thoroughly the prices, the kilometers of travel locations. In case of any discrepancies immediate notifications should be raised for the same.
· Cancellation requests can be entertained within 48 hours, in case of most rental companies. However the customer cannot ask for refund of the rental service cost. Situations where the entire amount was on a prepaid term, the company has rights to deduct off the amount equivalent to a sum of 3 days charge, card processing fees.
· Rental service costs come under the non-refundable price. Even though protection of cancellation assures the consumer that the entire sum of money paid for the booking of the car shall be refunded back, however the amount that is paid for the cancellation protection and the credit card is not included.
· Most companies offer a membership loyalty scheme. This offers members to gather discount points for every service they avail. Such instances enable users to avail of the discount within a time period that they wish too.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Hiring Cars in Wembley
Choosing to rent a car is always an easier option in comparison to either owning them or relying on public transport. It brings in a lot of convenience to people. Sometimes additional costs too can be waved off if you are a good driver yourself. In such cases you can simply go ahead in terms of hiring the car without having to worry or depend on the driver.
All you need would be a good travel guide with an approximate estimation of kilometers and time for travel which would enable your travel experience all the more enjoyable. A couple of things have to be taken care of while hiring cars, as otherwise it may lead to costly expenditures. The below mentioned pointers are the basic things that need to be taken care off while renting cars.
1. Background Check
It is always necessary to do a background verification of the company from which you are hiring the car. There are numerous cases of fraud and such things should be taken guard against. The common trait of such companies is they generally opt out for a prepaid model and consumers will mandatorily have to make the entire payment before taking the car on rent.
You have to be utterly careful in such cases as vital information like that of your credit/debit card details are revealed to the company. Hence it is always recommended to take cars from established and proper firms, as it might so happen that your money will go down the drain and you may not find the car you were looking forward to hire. Sometimes the company also vanishes the next day after the payment has been done.
2. Speak to Customer Care Executive
Before hiring the car it is always better to speak to the customer care executive upfront. Car should be hired only from such people who have the proper knowledge and expertise to guide a person to hiring the car. The person should engage a customer and explain him the value added benefits that he might derive out of renting a particular model over the other. People who are not willing to explain you the services they have to offer or are blindly taking your request should be avoided.
3. Understand Your Requirements
It is always advised to first understand your requirement before taking a decision towards hiring the car. The decision to hire a car should never be out of an impulse. Say for instance, you come across a luxury car that is on offer to be hired and you immediately decide upon to hire the same in order to get a feel of the car, would be a very wrong thing to do. It is so because in the process you might not have checked the condition of the car or other nuances involved with the car. Eventually when you do hire it, you might see that you will have to take responsibility of all the problems associated with the car.
4. Check the Condition of the Car
While hiring cars, the most important thing to check for is the condition of the car. Sometimes impulse driven decisions might lead us to overlook the internal condition and people might be swooned over only by the exterior of the car. It is very important to understand the fuel consumption capacity, the mileage offering, the driving comfort, spare part availability, and the overall feedback of the car.
You should also take a note of the insurance coverage of the car and whether the car is a premium defaulter or not. Pollution check, road tax payment are other major things to be taken care of. When it comes to the exterior look of the car, look closely for scratches, dents so on and so forth. These looks will help you to be in a better place to judge across whether the money you are paying for is genuine or not.
5. Test Drive the Car
While hiring car always note to take a test drive of the same, before making your decision to hire it. Consider all conditions to check through in the same way as you would do while purchasing a car. Like for example, check whether the air conditioning is working fine or not, along with the fuel indicators, clutch, accelerator and the brakes too. In case you have any discrepancies on the running condition, you can always go ahead in terms of rethinking your decision.
6. Verify the Driver's Previous Records
In case you are looking ahead to hire car along with the drivers, always look into the driving records of your driver. Nearby police station numbers should be kept handy. You should check through the validity of the license of the driver and whether he has had a history of car accidents or not. In such cases the agencies should be immediately notified to find a replacement of the driver. It is always good not to be associated with any legal hassles later on.
Groundwork research is mandatory while choosing a car rental company. The basic search might involve you to ask the company about the past list of clients to whom they offered services and their feedbacks. You should take precautions against not to rapidly choose from cheaper offerings as it has a lot to manipulate a consumer's mind and lead him to making a wrong choice.
It is always required to understand the terms and conditions of the contract offering before agreeing on the same in order to avoid any hidden costs later on. It is always better to go ahead with references of past clients in order to avoid misleading deals.
Leveraging Car Rental Services in Wembley
Car rental trend is rising up the curve gradually. More and more people are looking forward to a new driving experience without directly associated with the huge amount of cost involved in ownership else. Renting cars gives an additional edge to save costs on maintenance required for periodic insurance and repair of parts. Hence renting cars give people the sense of ownership though for a short period of time, but a satisfying one indeed. However renting cars do have their own downsides as well, but if properly researched can lead to a fulfilling experience for life.
While ownership involves a lot of perils renting gives you the same feel without the perils involved. Presence of mind and a proper homework shall ensure the rent to be of a quality one and the experience to remember for a lifetime.
Renting cars for a limited time period offers two major options- sometimes you can renew your rent contract with the company or the agency and sometimes companies can offer you to buy the car at a cheaper cost. This way you can be in a better place to judge whether to renew the sane model for rent or not. And in case the car is coming across with a good deal a purchase decision can also be made likewise.
Having driven the car you will be able to make a better decision to own a rented car or not. It is of uttermost importance to work out personal priorities with respect to finances before concluding on decisions.
In order to sum up the entire decision making process the below pointers may guide you – 1. Understand the purpose of the car- ideally your requirement. 2. The time period of rent vs the cost. 3. Condition of the vehicle on hire. 4. Mileage, air conditioning, tyres, engine, insurance to be checked amongst other features. 5. The rental agreement and the terms of the same. 6. Reputation of the company from which you are hiring. 7. Customer reviews, reliability, genuineness of the company. 8. Background of the driver. 9. Comparison of deals with other companies. 10. Cross checking all the possible nooks and corners of the agreement.
One thing you need to consider is the time period offered for the rent. Long time periods of rent should be avoided as it involves a deeper commitment level from the customer to take care of the car during the period of rent. Sometimes it so happens that during this time period all maintenance cost needs to be taken care off. Negotiation is too important when it comes to the payment of the car for rent. Sometimes dealers look forward to the entire payment to be made at the time of rent. Such offers should be avoided.
It is always advised to break the entire amount as small installments which can be paid at regular times. The amount that you are paying needs to be understood full as in whether it includes the insurance or the young driver fee or not. Hence quotations should be taken. In order to make the right decision it is always important to understand the variations. Quality of offer is the most important point of consideration while renting a car.
Only and only when all the above mentioned pointers have been considered the decision to rent a car should be made. All terms and conditions like the mileage, insurance coverage and the condition of the car should be mentioned clearly in the agreement. Besides this the tenure of rent along with a clear breakup of the cost should also be included in the same.
Customer care executives should be the first point of contact to help solve any queries related to the rent. They should be in a position to guide the consumer well and keep them updated about all the offers, discounts as such. All such offers should also be mentioned in the contract. Most importantly awareness is the key to making the right choice. And in case help is required, internet is the best medium nowadays to guide the consumer.
though the customer today is well equipped with all the necessary tools to help him make a decision, I personally feel the best way is to stick to customer feedbacks and references by clients while choosing a car rental company.
When talking about car rentals, the first thing that pops in our mind is vacation! Yes it's true that most car people rent cars for vacations. But the truth is car rental caters to a larger segment of people. Daily commuters, corporate people visiting places for business purposes as well as students, everyone uses rental cars these days.
Yes, car rentals are also available for students, mostly college goers or those attending the university. Car rental can offer many advantages to the student but there are several constraints for hiring a car at young age. Even though you are considered an adult if you're 18, many car rental companies would actually trust you with driving their cars. Most car rental companies in London want their renters to be 25 years or above.
Statistics show that young drivers get more into accidents and this is the reason why car rental companies shy away from renting their vehicles to young drivers and often charge extra for those who urge to rent cars. Some companies have relaxed their norms about underage car rental, so students between the age 21 and 24 can now rent cars from the leading car rental companies but with some extra fees. If you are a student and want to share a car, you might even be lucky to get discounts and student concessions.
It goes without saying that, most students have financial constraints, so it is essential for them to hire cars at reasonable costs. Young age car rental rates vary with individual car rental companies, so make sure you compare rates before making a final decision. If you're on an internship or are working with an employer and need to rent a car, check whether the company has corporate accounts with rental agencies or not. If you are below 21, high chances are you won't be able to rent a car, even if you're ready to pay high surcharges. Though there are certain exceptions, like the state laws of New York and Michigan urge rental agencies to rent cars to drivers who are 18 years or above.
Whatever the situation is, renting a car below the age of 25 can be quite expensive but at times we just can't do without renting a car. To make car renting simpler for students, we will explore the various aspects of student car rentals in the following sections. So read on.
Car Hire for Students
Whether you are shifting your belongings to the new accommodation or planning a long drive with your friends, car rental is essential. But since most students are below the age of 25, renting a car can be tough, but no way impossible. Many car rental agencies offer student discounts, so whenever looking for a rental car, verify whether they offer discounts or not.
Here are some useful tips that will help you rent a car and save money on your next car rental.
As a young driver you will have to pay 'young driver surcharges' which can range between £20 and £40 for one day. This charge is either included within the quoted price or you will have to pay it when you collect the vehicle from the rental agency. If you want to avoid the extra charges, you can partner with your seniors or a friend who is older to you and share the rental costs. Just book the car in name of the older person and avoid the extra charges.
Things you'll need to rent a car as a student:
- Carry your student I.D car when collecting the car
- The driving license and other paper works
- Carry a credit card. (It is better if it is in your name or if you're using someone else's card make sure he is present with your when making the payments).
Money Saving Tips
Education has become very expensive and by the end of graduation, most students are left with nothing. This means they don't have enough cash reserves to afford expensive car rental. Here are some tips that will help the students to hire car within their budget.
- Consider paying upfront since this can enable you to save up to 10% on the overall rental cost.
- Rent the smallest car available, since these are available at cheap rates. Many rental agencies won't allow you to hire larger vehicles.
- Check the rates on car rental websites. Oftentimes the rates are much lower than what are offered by the rental company directly.
- Make sure you avoid hiring at the airport. Instead hire from a city branch. This will help you save the airport surcharges.
- Ask about student discounts. Most rental companies offer student discounts but do not advertise them. So never forget to ask for one.
It is very important to look for ways to save money, so make sure you enquire about the hidden charges (if any) and read the rental terms and conditions well. Ensure that you don't miss out the fine prints since this is where the most important things can be found.
Student Car Rental Discounts
There is some good news for the students who are in search for affordable car rental options. The major car rental agencies offer special discounts for students, which can help them save hundreds of dollars on their car rental. Students need money for many other important things like buying books, attend seminars (with entry fees) and for some entertainment as well.
Here are the details about some of the best car rental deals for students from the well-known brands, other than ourselves - YES CAR RENTALS that specialises in STUDENT AND YOUNG DRIVER CAR HIRE:
Students are eligible to get 15% discount on car rental and 20% on van rentals from Hertz, provided they are 23 years or above. Hiring a van can be a good option if you are willing to shift things to a new location or back home after graduation.
In case, you are below 25years of age, you will have to pay a daily surcharge of £30.84, with a maximum cap of £308.40 for the entire rental period.
- The rental price from Hertz includes:
- Rental license fees
- Applicable Tax
- Theft protection
- CDW (collision damage waiver)
- Unlimited mileage
Thrifty offers the most affordable rental prices. Even though they do not offer student discount, they provide a 5% discount on selected destinations. The rental prices include the young driver surcharge for drivers between the ages 21-24. If you fall in this category, you will be allowed to hire standard and economy cars or short wheel base vans.
The rental price from Thrifty includes:
- Rental license fees
- CDW with excess liability
You will have to pay for the extras and mileage limits will be applicable if you drive overseas.
Sixt car hire provides car rental for those less than 23 years but does not allow drivers below 21years. They act as brokers and find appropriate deals with other car rental providers on behalf of the renter. If you are less than 25 years and have the NUS Extra or Graduate Extra card, you'll be eligible to get 10% discount. You will have to show the card and other documents while you collect the card to qualify for the discount. Remember, this discount is applicable in Manchester, Liverpool, London, Edinburgh and Birmingham. If you're under 23, you will have to pay young driver surcharge of£30 per day.
The rental price from Sixt includes:
- Third party insurance
- Unlimited mileage
- Loss damage waiver
- Registration fee and road tax
Students are allowed to hire economy-sized cars and short wheel base vans only.
Now that you are aware of the discounts that you will be eligible for, hiring a car will become easier and pocket-friendly. Even if you are not hiring from one of these companies, make sure you ask about the applicable student discounts, since many small and local car rental agencies also offer such discounts.
Money Saving Car Rental Tips for Students
An increasing number of students are opting to hire a car since it offers the flexibility and freedom to explore new places and allows them to move around freely within the city. Gone are the days when car rentals were just for vacationers. In present days, car rental has grown many times and the estimated annual car rental revenue is close to $21.9 billion and students make a decent portion of the clients.
Here are some car rental tips that will help students to choose the right car rental:
Choose the Right Car: Students mostly travel in groups, so instead of hiring a compact car it is a good idea to hire a mini-van and share the rental cost among 3-4 friends. The more people using the rental vehicle the lesser will the cost per head. Even if hiring a van costs more than a compact car, the costs get minimized to a great extent when you share it.
Driver Age and License Requirements: The age and license requirements vary by each county or by the car rental provider. For places where people mostly travel by rental cars, the minimum age criteria are lower compared to other places. The time period for which the driver should have a driver's license also varies by each rental service provider.
In many places, students below the age of 21 are not allowed to hire a car while in some places they allow students who have reached 18 years. If you want to hire a car before you satisfy the age criteria, you will have to pay extra charges. Apart from this, you need to hold a driver's license for a minimum of 1 year. When hiring a car, make sure you get all the details about age and license requirements.
Consider Road Conditions: Many car rental companies impose limitations on the cars that can be used on particular terrains. Some rental companies don't allow their cars to be driven on rugged roads, while other would want you to hire a 4WD to cover mountainous roads. So if you are planning to hire a car for vacation with friends, make sure you know what type of car to hire to avoid penalties.
Car Rental Insurance: Young drivers are more vulnerable to road accidents, so you may have to buy some car rental insurance to make sure you drive safely. Even of the rental agency doesn't urge you to buy one, you should get enough coverage to protect yourself from liabilities.
These are a few tips that will help you avoid paying extra charges and be on the right tracks with car rental. A few more things need to be taken care of which remains the same for student renters and normal renters, they are:
- Browse the Internet to get the best rates. Also ensure that you compare rates from different rental agencies since the rates vary from company to company depending upon the availability, class of vehicle, location and many other factors.
- Rent on weekends since the rates are lower during this time. The rush is less during the weekends and the car rental agencies want their vehicles to be rented, so they offer cheaper rates. If you're lucky you can get a car at 50% lower rates. So if your plans are flexible, consider hiring on weekends.
- Weekly rates are even better than weekend rates. It is a good idea to hire a car on a weekend and keep it for a week, this way you will get the best rates. If you are willing to use a car for 1-2 days, hiring on weekend is good but if you want a car for 5 days or more weekly hiring is the best.
- Booking a car in advance is a good idea since you have better chances of getting lower rates. The more number of cars available, the better will be the chance of getting discounted rates, so make sure you book a car at least a week in advance.
- Ideally the rental car has to be returned with a full gas tank, so you have two choices – either pay upfront for a full tank or fill the tank before returning. Returning the car with a full tank is a better option since returning a car with empty tank is almost impossible. So if you pay upfront, you will be paying for the fuel you are not using.
- If your choice of car is unable, the rental agency would offer a free upgrade. While this might seem a great opportunity, it is best to decline such offers if you really don't need a larger car. Larger cars tend to burn more gas, which means your fuel costs increase.
- Avoid pickup at the airport, since it might cost you more due to the fees and taxes. Renting at the airport costs 10% more than renting a car at a neighbourhood location.
- Make sure you have a clean driving history, if you have a maligned history, you may be declined from renting a car even if you have prior booking. Young drivers are considered a risk for rental agencies and if your driving history is not good, you will be in further trouble.
- Inspect the car thoroughly for damages before renting. If you fail to inspect the damages before renting you may have to pay for mistakes that you never made. Also makes sure you drive safely so that no considerable damage is made to the rental car.
- Finally, ensure that you return the car on time. Almost all the car rental agencies offer a grace period of about half an hour or 1 hour, so to avoid extra charges return the car within this time. Most of us rent cars to make our lives easier and convenient and adhering to the above mentioned tips will ensure that you have the best car rental experience.
Young Car Rental – Things to Know and Tips
All this time we have addressed to the student renters as 'Young Drivers', so what does this actually mean?
If we have to define young drivers, we would define them as 'car rental clients who are between the age 18 and 25 years'. The car rental agencies have their own age constraints and rental rules, but they have many packages that suit the needs of the young drivers.
Most of the car rental agencies are not willing to allow young drivers to hire their cars, since they are considered as irresponsible drivers. While this is not true for all young drivers, there are some common driving problems with young drivers like:
- Crossing Speed Limits: most young drivers drive beyond speed limits and this is a serious offence. Young drivers should ensure that they maintain and obey the speed limits.
- Drink and Driving: 30% of the accidents are due to alcohol use by young drivers. Driving under the influence of alcohol voids all kinds of insurance coverage. So if you damage the car or damage other's properties, you will be held liable for everything.
- Other Rules: Young drivers should ensure that they put on the seat belt while driving a car
If you're under 25years and are worried whether, you'd be able to hire a car or not, we'll provide you with some insights that might help you to rent a car as a young driver. If you are between 18 and 21, you've just entered adulthood and a whole new lot of opportunities have opened doors for you. Right from study abroad programs, volunteering and language immersion programs, there is a lot to be explored and with all this the need to travel comes along.
As a young driver there are a few things that need to be considered if you're willing to hire a car. They are:
Local Underage Fees
Willing to hire a car at the age of 21 is not unreasonable, but each country and rental company have their own theories and minimum rental car age requirements, which they strictly adhere to. You'll be considered a young driver, before you reach 25 and you will have to pay young driver surcharges.
This is charged on a daily basis and there is a cap on the total amount of surcharge during the entire rental period. The underage fees differ from place to place and from company to company. So make sure you compare the rates before hiring.
dditional Driver Charges
You'll be allowed to have one or more additional drivers (you'll need them if you're planning for a long drive) but you have to pay extra for each additional driver on a daily basis. It is best to have one additional driver and not more than that.
As you enter adulthood, you want to be more adventurous and taste life on a different note. You might want to drive a racing car and woo the girls but if you are relying on a rented car, save that thought for future. The fleet availability is restricted for young drivers, so you might have to settle for compact cars even though you wanted a sleek supercar.
Mandatory Insurance for Underage Drivers
Some companies would allow you to hire a car only if you agree to take an additional insurance coverage (if you are under 21 years). This is sort of a security for the car rental company, in case you meet an accident. Again, there are companies that will allow you to use the credit car insurance for rental cars, so it is wise to shop around and look for companies that provide you with an option to use existing coverage.
Provide Your Age Details While Booking
Whether you book a car online or book through an agent, ensure that you provide your age details. The minimum age criteria differ with individual car rental company, so you may be lucky to save the underage fees.
For How Long Do You Hold a Driver's License?
To rent a car, you must hold a driver's license for at least one year. Though, this can also vary with the rental agency you choose – some require a driver's license to be held for 2 years or even 3 years, but the minimum requirement is 1 year.
Get an International Driving Permit
If you are planning to drive cross borders, an International Driving Permit (IDP) is essential. IDP translates your driver information into various languages, so that you can travel in different places. It is good to have the IDP done, so that if you make a last minute plan of visiting a place beyond borders, you don't have to worry about renting a car.
It is true that drivers below the age 25 have troubles renting a car and they have to undergo various verification processes, but if you take care of the necessary things (the ones mentioned above), renting car becomes easier.
As you enter adulthood, your responsibilities increase and so make sure that you become a careful and responsible driver, so that you don't hurt yourself or damage the rental car. This will only increase your rental costs many folds and prove the fact that young drivers are indeed irresponsible.
Young Driver Insurance
Acquiring a young driver license is just like a breeze, pass the driving test and there you have your driving license, your ticket to hit the road! But wait, have you considered the car insurance? That's the toughest part for young drivers. As, it has been mentioned earlier, many rental companies would allow you to use existing insurance coverage, so if you don't want to increase your car rental costs, consider getting insurance for yourself.
If you have not crossed 25, it is evident that you will have to pay high insurance premiums and sometimes it goes to such extents that people prefer their cars to collect dust than drive it. To help young drivers get the right coverage at the right price, here are some tips:
- Choose the Cover Wisely: It is best to get a fully comprehensive insurance, which would provide full coverage even in case you meet an accident. You can choose third party insurance, if you're driving an inexpensive car, but make sure you get the cheapest rates.
- Lower the Insurance Premiums: Drive safely, avoid traffic violations and accidents at least for the first year after taking insurance so that when you go for renewal, the rates go down significantly. Also low mileage can lower insurance rates. Insurance rates tend to go higher for vehicles that have special customizations and require expensive repairs, so choose a car which does not require any of these.
- Lower Costs: To lower insurance costs, you can add your name on someone else's policy as a second driver to benefit from named driver no claims discount. Taking an advanced driving course can also help you get good rates. But before you do so, check with your insurance provider.
- Shop Around: It is always good to compare rates and look for deals that will lower insurance costs. Compare rates on insurance comparing sites and once you have a handful quotes, get in touch with the brokers to negotiate further. Check with friends and family, if anyone has young driver insurance ask for references.
- Do a Background Check on the Insurance provider: Fake insurers and brokers target young drivers. Read the policies and terms very well and make sure the insurer is authorised and licensed. Only once you are satisfied with everything go ahead with buying insurance policy.
There is another way out. You can wait until you are 25 years. In that case, if you want to rent a car, you will have to pay for car rental insurance to the rental agency. So weigh the two options carefully and then decide which way to go. Either ways you will have to pay higher than drivers aged over 25 years.
A Final Though
Renting a car under the age of 21 can be very difficult, but it is not absolutely impossible. In some countries the minimum age criteria is 25 whereas some in some places the standard age is 22 or 23. The age criteria vary depending on the rental company, location and choice of vehicle.
Rather than hiring cars from a branded rental agency, consider hiring from a local independent rental provider since the chances of getting a car of your choice is much more. The underage fees, if applicable, will also be lower than that of renowned brands. It is always good to visit the rental agency in person and look for the available options. In many cases, the rental providers offer old cars on rent for students at lower cost since they are less worried about damages made.
But beware of very cheap deals, they might be traps to attract young drivers. Such rogue rental providers advertise rock bottom prices, but just when you sign the contract they'll load you with hundreds of hidden costs. Also make sure you are well aware of all the young driver rules, so that you go prepared and rent a car without hassles.
One more thing that you should always remember to do is ask for student discounts. These discounts are not advertised, but most car rental dealers will offer student discounts. If you are considering hiring a car from a local dealer who is not willing to offer student discounts, make sure you negotiate enough to bring down the rates to the discounted prices.
Another important aspect about car rental is the car rental insurance. With some rental agencies you will have to buy mandatory insurance, while others will let you use the existing coverage, if you have a young driver's insurance or credit card insurance. If you are not willing to pay extra for the insurance, make sure you get young drivers' insurance in advance and find a dealer who allows you to use existing insurance coverage.
So whether you are planning a trip with your friends or shifting your belongings back to your home town, educate yourself about student car rentals and be prepared yourself so that you have a hassle free renting experience.
A major portion of Americans are inclined towards leasing a car rather than buying. Approximately, a quarter of the new cars bought by various companies were put up for lease during the 1st quarter of 2014, according to sources. Not only the proportions but the type of cars being leased is also changing dramatically. Ideally, people were prone to lease luxury vehicles, since buying them would mean making huge investments, but the trends are changing. People are now leasing cheaper cars for daily commute or other purposes. So now you can hire a car for daily commute, vacations or even just for airport transportation.
The main reason for people willing to lease cars rather than buying them is the lower monthly payments. Leasing is becoming even cheaper than buying. Americans have become increasingly conscious about the way they spend post Great Recession. The financial upheavals that shook U.S resulted in the Americans becoming more cautious about borrowing and buying. So leasing seemed to be the perfect solution. Leasing a car means, you have to pay for its depreciation from the time you hire it till the time you return the vehicle.
The Growing Trend of Leasing a Vehicle
The latest trends show that the millennials are inclined towards accessing goods and luxury without owning them. So instead of buying they prefer using things and paying for the experience of temporarily owning things. That said, there are obviously some downsides of leasing like rental companies charging excess for extra miles driven, penalties for returning the car early or without a full tank, additional administration fees, etc.
Like every cloud has a silver lining, there are ways to prevent such rip offs. The best way is to be aware of the rip-offs, researching about car leasing and looking for ways in which you can avoid paying in excess. The following sections will reveal various aspects about leasing a car.
Leasing vs. Hiring a Car
When we talk about car rentals, most of us are unable to differentiate between leasing and renting. There is a thin line between the two, and to choose the right option it is necessary that you know the differences. Situations vary with each individual, so the choices will vary depending upon individual situations. The major determining factors would be - the time period for which you need a car or the purpose of hiring/ leasing the car.
The only similarity between a leased car and a rented car is that you pay for the using the car for a specific time period, but the differences are many. The financial arrangements, the commitments and expectations also vary to a great extent. Here are some of the basic differences between leasing and renting a car that will help you choose the best suited option:
Car lease is offered by car dealerships, whereas car rental is offered by the various standalone car rental companies at various locations and at the airports. Car rental companies have various outlets at different locations of a country, so you can hire from one point and return it to another, but remember you will have to pay extra for doing so. The dealers offering lease also sell cars and is an alternative to conventional financed purchase. Rental companies own the fleet of cars and rent them out solely for the purpose of generating revenue. Renting is ideal for a short period of time or as a temporary replacement for your primary vehicle.
Car dealers would offer you a chance to buy the car you have leased, but you can never expect this from a rental company.
The time period for using the car is a major difference between renting and leasing a car. Leasing is a long term commitment and just like buying a car, you will have to pay monthly payments till you decide to buy the car or lease another car. Renting a car means a short term commitment. You can rent a car for week or two or even for a few days. The agreements and policies would also differ a lot between the two options.
If you lease a car, you will be offered a chance to own the vehicle. When the lease comes to an end, you will have two options – either buy the car you have been driving or end the lease outright. On the contrary, with rental vehicles there is no ownership potential. You pay for the time you use the car and return it to the rental company as per the contract.
Additional Car Insurance
The additional car insurance while renting a car is optional, whereas the insurance for leased car is mandatory. Minimum liability insurance is required if you want to drive a car, but if you choose to lease a car you should have full coverage. This should include comprehensive and collision benefits to protect the value of the vehicle you have leased. In case you rent a car, your personal auto insurance will offer coverage for the rented car, though the car rental company will offer you additional insurance options and you will be solely responsible for deciding whether or not you need it. In case of car rentals, additional insurance is a way to maximize the profits of car rental company, so be very careful when renting a car.
One more difference between leasing and renting a car is that, you can choose the exact type of car you want when leasing but you may have to compromise with your choice depending upon the availability when renting a car. So if you want to rent, you will have to plan ahead and book a car in advance. Don't be surprised if you are upgraded to another vehicle, because of unavailability of the car you booked.
After knowing all this, you will be in a better position to decide whether you should go ahead with a short term rental commitment or a long term leasing. Identifying the purpose of using a car, will simplify the process further and you make a better decision. Also make sure you consider the budget when opting between leasing and renting.
Remember, whatever your decision is, you will have to return the car in good condition to avoid extra charges, you cannot make any physical changes in the vehicle and you will have to take care of the mileage limits.
How to Lease a Car
Leasing a car lets you drive a new car, without having to purchase it. There's no need to take a loan or make huge cash payments. You only pay a small amount upfront (ideally lesser than the traditional 20 percent needed for a car loan) and pay the monthly payments. In many cases, leasing a new car at regular intervals might become expensive than buying one but many motorists will not mind paying extra for the vehicle they are not able to purchase in near future.
So if you have decided that leasing is a better option for you than renting, here are some tips that will help you choose a good car lease:
The Lease Deal: The tenure of leasing is very important in order to have a good car lease deal. Experts say people should lease a car for a maximum period of 3 years to take advantage of the 3-years manufacturer's warranty. Many people extend the car lease up to 4 - 5 years to lower the monthly lease payment, but that means they will invest in vehicle that is not theirs and they will have to bear costly repairs. Almost all leased cars will come with a mileage cap and you will have to pay extra for each mile that exceeds the cap. You may also be required to pay drive-off fees upfront, but make sure you negotiate this as much as possible with the car dealer.·
Manufacture Lease Deals: Many car manufacturers also offer special lease deals and discounts, so keep an eye on the car lease ads by the manufacturers. If you find a good deal, it would be good to lease a car directly from the manufacturer but make sure you check whether there are additional charges or not. Also check whether the advertised price is inclusive of taxes and other fees or not.·
Look for the Exact Car You Want to Lease: it is evident that you will have a specific choice/ preference regarding the car you want to lease. Many dealers would try to persuade you about an upgrade but stick to your choice. There are many car dealerships offering leases, so you may be lucky to find more than one dealer offering the same car you want to lease. You will be in a better position to negotiate the price in such situations. Take advantage of this.·
Review Quotes: If you have made up your mind to lease a car, make sure you check the individual websites for quotes. Oftentimes, dealers offer discounts through their websites and has several other advantages compared to over-the-counter shopping. Once you have received the quotes online, you can give a call to the sales person and check which offer is better.·
Find Good Dealers: To have a good experience, it is essential to find a good dealer. When considering a dealer see if you are comfortable talking with the person and the staffs. Check whether your queries are being answered clearly, whether your phone call is being attended promptly, etc. If the person attends your calls in an unfriendly manner, it is better to keep your search on. You can also read reviews about the dealer to get a solid idea about the reputation.·
Compare Deals: Once you've receive a handful of car lease deals, make sure you compare them and call back the dealers to check if they have other offers for you or not. Also ask for a complete break-up of the prices so that you know how much you are paying towards a specific service. It is a good idea to ask the dealer to drop the car at your door step, so that you don't have to visit their office again just to pick up the car.·
Check before You Sign: It is always recommended to go through the contract thoroughly before signing. The salesperson will try to add extra features in the last minute but never give in to such offers. Stick to what has been already discussed, until you have left out something really important.
A car lease deal can make or break your vacation or whatever purpose you are leasing the car for, so make sure you make a sensible choice and avoid things that can complicate the car lease experience. No matter how well you prepare yourself before leasing a car, you are bound to make some mistakes. In the next section we will talk about the major mistakes that should be avoided when finalizing a car lease deal.
Car Leasing Mistakes to Avoid
With car prices reaching the sky, more and more people are opting for car leases. Leasing a car not only keeps you away from very long term commitments of owning a car but also keeps the monthly payments to a bare minimum (if you strike the right deal). Car leasing is also a good deal for people willing to buy a new car but with a shortage of the mandatory down payment.
Even though car leasing is a straight forward and fool-proof option, many people make mistakes that can burn a hole in their pockets. Committing mistakes while leasing a car means you end up paying more than what you would have paid for purchasing a car.
So make sure you avoid making the below mentioned mistakes when considering leasing a car:·
Too Much Upfront: It is natural to be overwhelmed with the rock bottom prices that the car dealers advertise, but remember you have to pay huge upfront money to enjoy these bare minimum monthly prices. This advance upfront is considered to be portion of the total car lease, but this can be a wrong step if severe damage is done to your car or in case of a theft. The car dealer would be compensated by the insurance company, but there are chances of you getting back the money you upfront you already paid. Paying less upfront can save you from such situations.·
Mileage Caps: Most of the car lease deals come along with mileage caps. Ideally the mileage caps range from 12,000 miles to 15,000 miles per year. In case you go above this limit, you will have to pay extra for each mile beyond the limit. The charge for extra miles varies with individual car dealer, so make sure you negotiate well before signing the contract. To determine whether the mileage limit is feasible, make a rough calculation about the miles covered per day and then multiply by 30 and then multiply the total by 12 to get the annual miles covered (approx.). You can ask the dealer to increase the mileage limit but in any case you will have to pay higher. Either you will have to pay upfront for the extra miles or pay a higher monthly payment.·
Not Maintaining the Car Properly: Since the car is not your property, you might not want to maintain it properly. But remember, if too much damage is made to the car, you will have to pay extra fees. If severe damage is done, it is wise to repair them before returning. Also make sure to read the contract guidelines for damages before signing the contract. If you return the car without repairing the damages, the dealer would assess them and charge accordingly. But be sure that this will be higher than the normal repairing charges.
· Very Long Term Leasing: Leasing means a long term commitment, but it should not go beyond 3 years. If you stretch the contract beyond 3 years, you will invite troubles. Ideally the vehicle warranty is included within the lease contract and beyond that you will have to take care of the repair and maintenance. This means you will be spending too much for someone else's vehicle.·
Paying In Full: While leasing most of the buyers focus on monthly lease payments, but ideally you should focus on the bigger picture. Check whether the dealer is charging the exact cost price of the car or not. If they are, negotiate the amount and try to bring down the price as much as possible. Even if you are able to save $1000 on the sticker price, it is mean a lot over the entire lease term.
The major reason why people opt leasing over buying is to save on the monthly payments. So to make the most of your car leasing, you should look for the best deal that will allow you to drive your favourite car at low cost.
Why is Leasing Better than Buying a Car?
Choosing between buying and leasing can be a tough one. There is every reason to become nostalgic about owning a car, but then you have to consider your finances. For some buying a car would mean becoming emotionally twined with the piece of metal while for some others it would just be an investment.
To be able to make the right decision, you need to identify the major distinctions. There are pros and cons with both leasing and buying, so you will have to weigh each element carefully and then decide which way to go. The major disadvantage with leasing a car is that you will pay for the car every month but it won't be your own property. Once the lease ends you will have to hand over the keys to the owner, so you don't even build any equity with the car. That said, there are many advantages of leasing a car over buying and they are:·
Lower Monthly Payments: If savings is your main concern, then leasing is perfect for you since you can save a lot of money with short-terms leases. The principal amount to be paid for leasing a car is much less than what is required to buy a car. So the monthly payments automatically go down. So you are in a position to lease a luxury car without having to spend a lot.·
Ride a New Car Every Year: Yes it's that interesting. If you wish to drive a new car every few years, leasing of just the perfect choice for you. The lease ideally ends within 2-3 years, so you have the opportunity end the current lease and take another brand new car on lease.
No Maintenance Worries: When you lease a new car, its warranty would be included within the leasing terms. Ideally the warranty lasts up to 3 years, so all the repairs and maintenance would be included under the warranty and there will be nothing that you will have to spend from your pocket.
· No Resale Hassles: If you already have a car, the only way to enjoy ride in a new car is by selling off the existing one and buying a new one. As you can imagine a lot of hard work and haggling is involved in this process. Very few people have the luxury to maintain more than one car, so it is evident that you will have to put up your car for sale at some point. With leasing you don't have to worry about this. Once the lease ends, hand over the keys and you're done. The only thing you need to worry about is using the leased car safely, so that you don't have to pay extra charges at the end of the lease.
· Tax Deductions: If you use a leased car for business purpose, you will be eligible for better tax write offs than auto loan. This is mainly because IRS allows people to deduct both financial costs and depreciations, which are part of the monthly payments that people pay for leasing a car.
Leasing can be beneficial for people who are willing to buy a car, since at the end of the lease; you will be offered two options – either end the lease or buy the car. You have to pay the residual amount, and the car will be yours. Since you know the car well and have driven it for quite a long time, you will feel more confident about owning the leased car. If not, you can safely end the lease and move on to leasing another car when required.
The choice between leasing and buying depends on your personal priorities and most importantly your financial conditions. So evaluate each aspect well and then take a rational decision.
How to Choose a Car Leasing Company With the rise in the number of people willing to lease a car rather than buying, many car leasing companies have emerged which use unethical ways to maximize their profits. Apart from choosing the right and the right car, you also need to find the right car leasing company to make the most of the money you spend.
If you try searching for car leasing companies on the Internet you will see numerous companies listed, but not all of them are reputed enough or have the best interests in their minds. So if you want to have a good car leasing experience, you will have to do your homework and research to find the right company. Many less reputed companies would use false advertisements, cashing out deposits before delivering, etc.
The best way to determine whether a company is genuine or not, is to check the background. Ask for list of past clients and their contact details so that you can talk to them directly and ask about their experiences. Also ask for a list of dealers and their contact information, so that you can check for yourself whether they are providing services that suit you.
While it is natural to get wooed by extremely cheap deals, since everyone is out there to make profits, so no one will offer you deals just like that. Extremely cheap deals indicate either both the quality and terms of service is not up to the mark or there are a lot of hidden costs. In either you will be at trouble, so beware. So make sure to get a detailed break -up of the costs quoted by the leasing companies. Many smaller leasing companies would sub-contract the deal and add up their charges to the deal before offering you. This results in higher expenses on your part.
So when choosing a car leasing company make sure you check their reputation. If they stick to the lowest price after you meet them, ask them to include it in the contract and mention that no extra or hidden charges would be added to it later. Read the fine prints on the contract as well, here is where the major twists can be found. Also check the vehicles for yourself. Many companies would advertise that they have the best vehicles, but when you actually arrive to lease, they'll make you compromise with your choice. Read reviews, talk with past clients and get references from people close to you. These are the only ways in which you can prevent yourself from being stuck in a bad deal.
Conclusion With interest rates on auto loans going down, car buying has become easier, but still a major portion of the Americans are choosing to lease cars instead of buying. Even though there is more stability in the market since the recession, people have become conscious about the way they spend their hard earned cash. So car leasing is gaining popularity over the years.
If you wish to own a car for a very short period of time, then think of hiring a car, but if you want a car for a considerable period of time leasing would be more feasible. Though leasing has its own perks, you should be careful enough while leasing a car, so that you don't fall prey to traps. There are hundreds of companies offering car leases, but not everyone is genuine, so make your choice wisely. Check their reputations, past records and read reviews/ testimonials.
If you decide that leasing is a better choice for you than buying or renting, then you must ask yourself a few questions before signing a contract:
· Is leasing cheaper than buying a car?
· How much will you be paying each month?
· What type of lease is suitable for you?
· Do you know enough about mileage caps?
· Will the car warranty be included within the car lease deal?
· Do you need to worry about the repairs and maintenance of the leased car?
· What if you give up your car before the lease ends?
· What about car insurance for leasing?
· How much can you negotiate?
· Should you buy the car at the end of the lease?
Only when you have the answers for each of the above mentioned question, you can go ahead and lease a car. Like any other car rental, make sure you read the lease agreement well. If you have negotiated the price or the mileage limit, they should be included in the lease contract. Never forget to negotiate! The car dealers would want to maximize their profits so they will try to suck up as much money as they can. You will have to haggle and get what suits you.
If you want to save further on your car lease, you will have to look out for deals and discounts. Check the various car rental websites and personal website of the car dealers and see whether you are lucky to find discounts. You can also directly ask the staffs for discounts that are applicable like the seasonal discounts, weekend discounts, etc. So you are now prepared to approach a car dealer and lease your favourite car. The choices are many so choose the one that sits your personality!
Car rentals have become very popular and people now opt to rent a car rather than buying one. Car rentals were popular among travelling businessmen but now vacationers are also looking for good car rental deals, since it helps them to save a lot of time and money. Even people looking for office transportation are now willing to hire cars.
The reason for hiring a car, whether large or small, varies widely. Some people want more flexibility in the way they travel to and fro, while others would like to arrive at a party in style. Personal occasions call for luxury car rentals. Go out for a dinner on the anniversary evening or take the little one out on her birthday in a luxury car. Renting car for business purposes is very feasible. Whether you have to pick up clients from the airport or you have to take the delegates to a corporate dinner party, you'll find a car for all occasions.
Cars of various types, sizes and styles are available at the rental agencies and you have to pick the one that suits you the best. A compact car would be sufficient for a family of four, while a 12 or 15 passenger van would be ideal for a large group. Even if you are shifting base, you can rent a truck or van and move to the new location without hassles.
Car rental is very affordable since the rates are quite reasonable and the benefits are many. You can drive your favourite car at half the cost which would be required to own the same car. You do not have to worry about the maintenance and repair costs. If you're lucky enough, you can drive a luxury car at the cost of a compact car. The only thing that has to be taken care of is, the car rental agency should be chosen with great care. Good car rental agencies like Yes Car Rentals, will never rip off their customers and they will assist you with each step. A good car rental company has an extensive fleet of cars, so you have a wide range of cars to choose from.
Choosing the Rental Car – Select the Right Size and TypeThinking of renting a car? Car rental companies offer an overwhelming choice of cars ranging from small, medium and large vehicles. Most people consider the price, comfort, safety and fuel economy of a car when choosing a rental car, but it is extremely important to choose the right type of car to ensure comfort and peace of mind while you are on the go.
You should choose the car rental very carefully. No decision should be taken at the spur of the moment. You will have to drive the car at least for a few days and the choice can make or break your entire trip.
Before you hire a car consider what the purpose of the rental car is? Why you need it, how many people will be travelling, what amount of luggage needs to be carried? Here are a few important factors to be considered when hiring a rental car:
· Car rental companies offer a huge range of choices which range from compact cars to luxury sedans to pickup trucks. Once you have identified your travelling needs, it is recommended to shortlist 2 to 3 types of rental cars that will satisfy your travelling needs. In case the one type is not available, you can go ahead with the other.
· Next, you have to compare the rental rates from different agencies and choose the one that offers affordable rates. Beware of the hidden costs while comparing the costs. Look for coupon codes and discounts.
· Check what insurance coverage is already available and what additional coverage is required.
· Before signing the contract make sure you check the rental car thoroughly for dents, marks, scratches and other defects. If possible take pictures so that later you are not held responsible for these.
· Other considerations that need to be taken care of are – the age of the drivers, number of additional drivers, mileage restrictions, etc.
Choosing the right type of car is vital, since a sports car will not be appropriate if you are going on a family vacation. On the other hand if you choose a compact car for a group of people attending a family function, it will be the dumbest decision ever. So it is essential that you have an in-depth understanding of the size and type classification of the rental cars. To help you make an informed decision here are the details about the car classifications:
· Economy & Compact Cars: Compact cars are the most popular choice among travellers since this is the cheapest of all. These cars are suitable for a family of four and a few standard sized luggage. Economy cars are best for small groups who are looking for fuel efficiency. Remember, most small cars are driven by petrol, so the fuel cost can be more than you expect. Compact car models include Nissan Sentra, Hyundai Accent, etc.
· Premium Cars: Full sized premium cars are typically 4 door sedans that offer more leg room and luggage space than normal compact cars. Five people can comfortably fit in a premium car and it is not too expensive. If you want more room for the people travelling along with you, you can choose a full sized rental car. Popular models in the premium category are Nissan Altima, Chevy Malibu, etc.
· Luxury Cars: Lincoln Towncar, BMW, Ford Mustang Coupe, etc are included under this category of rental cars. These are luxury cars in true sense – they look elegant and stylish and are very expensive. Ideal for one-day rentals, these are great for special occasions like weddings, anniversaries, etc. you can consider hiring a convertible if you are driving along the coastline.
· SUVs and Vans: A mini-van, SUV or full sized vans are suitable for people with large space requirements. If you are travelling with a large group of people or are shifting to a new location, you may consider hiring a van. You can accommodate many people along with all luggage. There are sun-categories of SUVs and Vans, so make sure you get the details from the car rental agency.
Choosing the right type of car is crucial to stick to your budget. Renting a luxury car in place of a compact car can add hundreds of dollars to your rental bill. Moreover, the cost of the extras, driver charges, etc becomes expensive with luxury models. So take out some time to evaluate your travelling needs and decide on which type of car is suitable for you.
Unique Car Rental Saving TipsRecession has hit all sectors very hard, but the car rental industry has found out ways to survive this falling tough situation. They have cut down the range of cars, lowered desk hours, etc. This also indicates that the car rental fees are on an all time high. Among all other services in the travel industry, automobiles are potentially scarce. You can find alternatives to hotel rooms, you can book flights later or earlier, but since the inventory of the car rental agencies have gone down considerable it becomes very difficult to find a vehicle when you need it the most and even if you get one, you have to pay high prices.
Oftentimes you have to face harassments at the car rental counter, which is the last thing people would like to worry about after a long tiring flight. There has to be a way out in which you can find the most suitable rental cars at the most affordable rates. Here are few tips that will help you to find a good car rental deal without burning a hole in your pocket:
· Book a Car Early: As the peak season approaches, more reservations pour in and the most affordable and popular car models run out. As the inventory goes down, the prices go up. It is recommended to book your car rental well ahead of time. The more in advance you book the car, the more are the chances to get your favourite car at affordable rates.
· Book Too Late: There can be a lot of risks associated with booking a car late. Many people with flexible travel plans take risks to book a car real late, as late as the night before travel, and are lucky to find a car at affordable rates. In many cases, the car rental agencies are unable to sell their inventory and they have too many cars sitting back at the office. This is the situation, during off seasons. If you are too choosy or have a strict travel plan, this might not be a suitable way out. But if it is otherwise, you can try out your luck.
· Search Liberally for Discounts: The car rental fees vary with individual car rental agency and there is no law that restricts them from doing so. The agencies offer several packages and many times taking these packages can help you save a lot of money. Weekend packages are often cheaper than daily rentals. There are many car rental websites that allow you to compare rates, offer discounts and coupon codes and allow you to tweak the various aspects of car rental (pick up and return times, rental location, etc.) to see which is the most affordable option.
· Coupons and Affiliations: If you have memberships with clubs, associations or other bodies, you can check the membership details for know whether they offer car rental deals and discounts or not. You can use these discounts when the prices are high.
· Book the Most Affordable Models: Even if you get enticed by the stylised pictures of luxury cars, have control over yourself and hire a compact car, if too many of you are not travelling together. Oftentimes, you will not get luxury cars and you'll be upgraded to a larger car for the same cost. So even if you pay higher, you do not get to drive your dream car.
· Get More Hours for Free: Earlier the rental agencies offered one hour grace period to the renters on the day they were supposed to return the car, which is now slashed down to half an hour. For this reason, people who return cars after this period have to pay an extra day's fees. Is there any way to get out of this dilemma? Yes there is! Many credit card holders are eligible to get free hours when you use their cards to hire cars from specific rental agencies. For example, American Express Platinum cards holders get 4 hours extra if they rent from Hertz.
· Carry a Printout of the Reservation: Many people complain that they are charged more than what was quoted during the reservation. The most common excuse for this from the car rental staffs is the change in tax structures, even if you had booked just a few days ago. To prevent such situations, you can carry a printout of the reservation with the price quote and other details. Show this when the contact is being prepared and make sure no extra charges are added.
There are several car rental rip-offs and it is necessary that you remain alert at every point when renting a car. Being able to save on car rentals will allow you to spend on other essential things. Other things to be considered are carrying your own set of extras, get GPS system along with you, return the car with full tank and make sure you review the existing auto insurance for the coverage on rental cars.
Why Hire a Van?Hiring a bigger vehicle is necessary, when your family car or a rental compact car isn't sufficient for the commitment you have. You may be travelling with other colleagues for a business trip or may have a weekend plan with family members. Instead of hiring many compact cars, you can hire a van which is an economical, convenient and affordable option. Vans of various capacities are available so you can choose according to your travelling needs. If there are 12 people travelling together, you can hire a 12 passenger van; if there are more people you can hire a 15 passenger van.
One more advantage of hiring vans over several compact cars is that, you don't have to worry about co-ordinating many cars at a time. All of you travel in the same vehicle and have enough time to bond with each other. Some other reasons why you would like:
· Advantage of More Space: when you hire a van, you don't have to worry about space. There is enough room for luggage and the people can comfortably adjust within the vehicle. You can also hire a van if you wish to move bulky supplies or heavy luggage. You can hire a 15 passenger van, even if 15 people are not travelling together, to make more room for luggage and supplies.
· Cheap Fuel Costs: Fuel costs are down by a considerable amount and large vehicles are mostly driven by diesel, which costs lower than petrol. So you are planning to travel long distances, you can save considerably by hiring large diesel vehicles like vans or SUVs. Fuel costs make up a significant percentage of the total travel costs, to save as much as possible on fuel.
Who would want to hire a van? Hiring a van is not only a good option for a group of people going on a vacation, but many other can find van rentals a feasible solution. Here are some events which call for van or large vehicle rentals:
· Moving Bulky Items: Hiring a van can be a good option if you have purchased bulky items and want them to be delivered to your home. One alternative is to hire professional movers, but they are going to ask for expensive delivery charges. To save this amount of money, consider hiring a van and moving the items yourself. Vans are available in various sizes, so the items, whether large or small, can fit perfectly without being damaged. Van rental is helpful for people shifting base. Newlywed couples or bachelors do not have too many belongings, so hiring a mini-van is ideal to move their belongings to the new location.
· Hiring a Van for Business Purposes: Hiring a van for businesses is a cost effective way of managing the transportation costs. Being a business owner you do not have to own vans of varying sizes or do not have to worry about the depreciation costs. Van rentals offer the flexibility to choose the size and type of van according to the requirement and you only pay for the time when the vehicle is being used. There are no maintenance or repair costs that have to be taken care of.
There are several other occasions when hiring a van proves to be the best solution. Go around and shop for the best deals and add mobility to your daily life. Musicians going on a concert carrying musical instruments, a sports team going to attend a match, and many other similar situations call for van rentals.
Hiring Van for BusinessOftentimes, businesses have to decide between owning and hiring a vehicle. For business dealing in supply of products and items, this decision is vital. For start-ups having tight budgets, leasing a van is the most feasible solution than buying a van. By hiring or leasing a van, these companies can use good quality vans in return of an affordable monthly price. This is cheaper than owning a van, since in the later case you have to pay a hefty upfront amount. The van rental fees is decided based upon the estimated depreciation of the vehicle during the lease period and the agreements are available for 24 months or more.
Owing to the current economic conditions, it may be difficult for many businesses to invest in large vehicles. So hiring a van is a cost-effective solution since businesses can deal with all their transportation requirements without actually owning a vehicle. In many situations hiring a van makes financial sense for your company. Here are some reasons why van rental is a smart move:
· Hiring a van does not block your capital that would have to be used to buy a new or even a second hand vehicle. If you took a loan, you had to pay interest above the actual loan amount. So the expenditure increases.
· Owning a vehicle means you have to worry about the depreciation, which ultimately means you are losing money since the value of the vehicle diminishes with time.
· Vans are available in various types and sizes. Owing a fleet of vans is ideally impossible for any business, which means you have to stick with the type of van you have, no matter what the transportation need be. Hiring a van gives you flexibility to choose the type and size of vehicle most suitable for your business.
· Owning a van or vans mean, you have to take care of all the administrative costs. Think of all the insurance, road tax, regular servicing, etc – are you prepared to take the burden? By hiring a van you just have to pay the monthly and the rest will be taken care of by the rental agency.
· The average lifespan of a vehicle lasts for a decade and in between lot of maintenance and repairs are required to maintain the vehicle in good condition. Taking the van to the repair shop is time consuming, expensive and most importantly your business suffers since the vehicle is not available for quite some time.
Hiring a van give you peace of mind since you don't have to worry about the repairs and maintenance. In case the vehicle breaks down, it will be replaced for another vehicle in most cases.
Buying a van means you have to pay a lump sum amount at a time, whereas hiring a van spreads the costs throughout the year. The best thing, there are many car rental agencies that offer van rentals and will happily offer you packages at the most affordable rates.
Things to Consider When Hiring a VanVans are essential for us whether we are planning a family outing or shifting base or moving freight from one location to another. Unluckily most of us can't afford buying a van so we resort to van rental services. Hiring a van can be helpful in many ways but there are a few things that should be considered before signing the contract. These are:
· As mentioned earlier, variety of vans are available, so you should choose the right type of van depending upon your travelling needs. If you moving to a new location, consider the number and size of the objects that need to be shifted and choose the vehicle accordingly. A van required to transport people would definitely be different from one that moves objects. So be sure of the purpose of the van rental and make the choice accordingly.
· Know about the documentation that will be needed to hire a van. This might differ with each rental agency, so make sure you talk to the rental staff and carry them along when you visit the rental agency.
· As the saying goes, 'haste makes waste', so it is wise to shop around see what the various rental agencies have to offer. It is quite possible that you find a better deal at cheap rates by shopping around and comparing rates and facilities. Have enough time to do research before you make the final decision.
· Check the condition of the vehicle carefully before you drive away with it. Check the tyres, engine, oil and dents (if any). You will have to pay for damages that are made to the vehicle. Moreover, if you are hiring a van for business use, you don't your reputation to be maligned by using a damaged vehicle. Take a test drive to make sure the van is in good working condition. Tyres are vulnerable to wear and tear, so make sure you click before and after pictures of the tyres so that you have a clear idea about the damage made to them.
· Driving a van is quite different from driving a car, so decide who is going to drive the rental vehicle, taking a test drive will also help you determine whether you can drive it comfortably or you need a driver who can drive you around.
· As with any other car rental, there are many hidden costs with van rentals as well, so make sure you read the fine prints and ask about the extra charges, if any. One way to prevent such rip-offs is to read the contract well and discuss the points that are unclear to you. Finalize a deal only when you are satisfied with the clauses on the leasing contract.
Choosing the right van is important to have a good rental experience. Plan ahead and choose wisely to get the most out of the money that you pay for van rentals.
Cars, whether large or small, are crucial for us. Whether you are planning a vacation or are relocated temporarily by your employer – you will need a car every time. Driving your own car might not be feasible due to many reasons, so hiring a car is just the right option. Many people choose car rentals because it gives you peace of mind and it is a cost-effective to add mobility to your life.
If you have to attend meetings and conferences worldwide, it is never possible to drive your own car. The best alternative is to hire a car at the destination and return it before taking the flight back to home. When on a vacation, you can save more by hiring a car rather than travelling in taxis. One of the biggest benefits of car rentals is that you have the flexibility to choose a car according to your needs. Hire a luxury car while going on a date or hire a compact car to drop your children to the college or hire a van when moving things from one place to another.
ConclusionCar rental agencies like Yes Car Rentals, have huge fleet of cars, which include both large and small cars. You have the flexibility to choose the car as per your requirements. One thing that everyone is worried about when driving a car is safety. With car rentals you can be sure that you will have the best cars since they are maintained well and are available in good working conditions. Even if you are a person who loves to drive your own car, there are times when you have to hire a car. Your car is old and you are not sure whether it can survive the long drive or your car has landed in the repair shop and you are not sure when it will be back. All these and similar other situations call for hiring a car.
At times you will need small car while there are situations that call for a large vehicle. It is not possible to own a fleet of cars, so hiring a car is the most suitable option. Hire a compact car when needed and switch over to a van or mini-van when required. You have the freedom to choose any type of vehicle. To make the most of your car or van rental, make sure you strike the right deal. Compare the rates, identify the travelling needs and make an informed decision. Renting a car can make your travelling comfortable and easier, so make sure you plan ahead.
Whether hiring for personal use or business use, it is recommended to make the booking well ahead of time to make sure that you get the desired vehicle. Whatever it is, car rentals have our lives much easier and we can get hold of a car whenever we one. So next time you need to drive, consider renting a car!
Renting a car becomes essential at certain points of your life. In order to add mobility and flexibility, it is essential that you find the right deal where the car rental is affordable, the mileage restrictions are flexible and most importantly you are not forced to buy an additional insurance.
There are some important things that must be considered while renting a car. The first thing is choosing the right vehicle. You might be tempted to ride a convertible, but that might not be suitable for you and your trip might become very expensive. A compact car can be appropriate and help you save money. Once you've made up your mind on which vehicle you would like to hire, you have to go around and look for car rental agencies that offer affordable rates.
Look for deals and discounts which will further lower the car rental costs. But beware of rock bottom prices, they might be traps. Very low prices indicate there are a lot of hidden costs associated with the car rental fees. When you're satisfied with the rates, make sure you read the terms and conditions very carefully. Car rental agencies have several policies that can make your trip complicated. Check the early return policies, fuel policies (whether you have to return the vehicle with a full tank or pay upfront for the fuel), etc.
One thing that makes car rental really complicated is car rental insurance. Many car rentalagencies would often persuade people to buy additional insurance so that the renters are safe from all kinds of mishaps, but is it really needed? What if you already have car insurance? Do you still need to buy insurance? People get confused with such questions and end up doing what the agencies suggest. It is important to educate yourself about the various kinds of car rental insurances, the coverage that they provide and most importantly when should you buy additional insurance while renting a car.
About Car Rental InsuranceThe first thing that you would be asked when you land up at a car rental agency is, whether you want to buy a car rental insurance. You'll be offered with many types of insurances, which might ultimately end up confusing you. Many travellers or car renters have no idea about car rental insurance and whether they actually need it or not. This allows the agencies to persuade their clients and make profits.
Car rental has become complicated than ever, it is essential to be prepared to get the right deal. Before you get confused and feel timid to answer the staff, here are a few questions you need to ask yourself. Do you own a car? Have you used a credit card for renting a car? If the answer to these questions is yes, chances are you are already having car insurance and you already have the necessary coverage. Before you leave your home for renting a car, it is important that you read the car insurance carefully and look what coverage is available for rented car.
It is better if you can carry a photocopy of the insurance. When the person at the rental agency charges you about not have necessary, you can show him the proof. In many cases, your credit card company would also provide coverage but it is essential that you read the documents to be sure. It is true that car insurance is essential whether you are driving your own car or driving a rented car, but there's no point to add money to your car rental bill when you already have one in place.
Even if you find that you do not have enough coverage, there is no point getting persuaded by what the rental agency staffs tell you. There are many types of car rental insurances and you must know which one to buy. Buying all the policies may add thousands of dollars to your bill, so beware! Before you head towards the car rental agency, educate yourself about the available options and evaluate which one would be perfect for you. At times buying the basic CDW (collision damage waiver) would be enough, so why buy the others?
Things to Know before You Rent a CarThere are many advantages of renting a car than waiting for public transportation or driving your own car. By renting a car you can save money and time. You don't have to wait in the long queues to ride a public transport vehicle or worry about damages and maintenance as in case of your own car. While on a vacation, you can save thousands of dollars that you had to spend on taxis by renting a car. Hiring a car enables you to stick to your own schedule – so you know when to stop and when to drive.
Hiring a car also allows you to ride your favourite car at low costs. You can take advantage of the numerous deals and discounts that are available on various travel sites and on personal rental websites. These discounts and coupon codes can bring down the rental fees considerably, so that you ride in the most cost-effective way. Although there are numerous benefits, the hidden costs can take a toll on your budget if you are not aware of them. So it is very important to be prepared before you sign the contract and drive out the car from the agency.
Here is a list of few things that needs to be considered to make your travelling smooth and satisfactory:
· Use Your Credit Card to Rent a Car: Using a credit card for hiring a car is a good option, since most of the car rental agencies will do a credit score check before offering you a deal. Using the credit card will save you from undergoing a credit check. Many car rental companies won't accept prepaid credit cards. One more benefit of using a credit card is that they might provide insurance coverage. The first thing that you'll be asked while renting a car is that whether you have insurance or not. Buying insurance from the car rental agency may add hundreds of dollars to your bill per day. Using the credit card may save you from spending extra. Several credit card agencies provide coverage for the card holder at no additional cost.
· Extra Charges for Young Drivers: If you or any of your family member who is willing to drive the car below 25 years of age, expect some extra fee to be added to your daily rental bill. Even if you have a spotless driving history, you will be considered a liability for the car rental company. While most of the companies will not allow drivers below the age of 21years, many will allow drivers who are 25 years old in exchange of a hefty amount. So make sure you consider the age of the people who are willing to drive the rental car, when determining the budget.
· Pay Extra for Additional Drivers: Even if you and the people expected to drive the car are above 25 years old, you'll have to pay an extra fee to register each additional driver when you rent car. You'll be asked to declare the number of additional drivers you need and the fee would be calculated depending on the number you suggest. So make sure you carefully determine the number of drivers you need. It is recommended to restrict the number of additional drivers to 2, so that your rental bill does not go skyrocketing.
· Avoid Unpaved Roads: This might sound unimportant, but what if your collision damage waiver gets void? Yes, most rental companies will penalize you if you drive on unpaved roads. Ensure you read the contract well before signing. Even if you love adventures while driving, the cost of paying for the adventure is too much. Rental car insurance is very expensive so you will not want it to be cancelled. Driving on unpaved roads is prohibited due to possible damage of the vehicle and the cost to repair it. You may be required to bear the costs of repairing the car if any damage is done, due to violation of the car rental agreement.
· Return the Car with Full Tank: the rental agency wants you to return the car the way you drove it off and this is true for the fuel tank as well. Most of the rental agencies want you to return the car with a full tank and if you forget, you'll be charged double the actual gas rates. One option is to pay upfront for a full tank when you rent a car, but returning the car with an empty tank is ideally impossible.
· Rent a Car Off-Site: Renting at the airport might be expensive. It is natural that after a tiring journey via flight, you'll want to board your car as soon as possible, but if you want to avoid the airport surcharges, you have to rent a car off-site. There is no way to avoid such fees if you rent from the airport, since the rental agencies are legally obligated to collect these fees. You can travel to the downtown area by a shuttle or public transport and hire a car from there. This will help you save hundreds of dollars.
· Extra Cost for Extras: It's absolutely perfect to rent the extras along with the car, if you have enough money. Travelling with a baby? Hire a baby seat. Love music? Get a radio. Want to track your journey? Hire a GPS tracker. Now that you have all that you need to make your journey comfortable and exciting, you'll get equally excited to see the rental bill. Don't faint if you see a thousand dollar added to your bill for extras. Yes they are that expensive. There are ways to avoid these hefty fees. Bring along your baby seat, you'll probably require it on the flight as well. Use the navigation system on your mobile phone, that's equally good. Equip yourself with whatever you will need while travelling and avoid extra fees being added to your rental bill.
· Buy Car Insurance Wisely: It is quite possible that you don't have enough coverage, so you have to buy insurance to save yourself from legal liabilities. If you are in such a situation, you can opt to buy insurance from the car rental agency, but that can be very expensive. One other option is to buy car insurance from other sources. This way you can negotiate the price and shop around to get the best deal. There are many rental car insurance options, but buy ones that are essential.
It is easy to pile on money on your car rental bill, but doing some research and homework can save you from paying extra money to the car rental agency. Make sure you ask questions to the rental staff and have a good idea about what to expect from the car rental. If you are unable to understand any part of the rental contract, ask for an explanation. Sign the contract only when you are satisfied with clause and policies mentioned in it. Being able to drive your favourite car is great, when you can drive it in a cost-effective manner.
Should You Purchase a Car Rental Insurance?The answer to the question 'Whether you need car rental insurance?' is never easy. When you reach the car rental counter, the first thing you are offered is a car rental insurance, and you are expected to make a prompt decision, whether you need it or you don't. Many people decline the offer without giving it a second thought since they either don't want to add extra to their daily bill or they are confident that they have enough coverage already.
What if you meet an accident? What if the rental car is damaged? Does your car insurance cover you from all this? This brings up the question all over again, 'should you buy car rental insurance'. Well, it depends on some factors like your auto insurance, credit card benefits and what sort of coverage the auto rental policy offers. Here are some considerations that will help you decide whether or not to go ahead with buying car rental insurance:
1. Go through Your Auto InsuranceReviewing your own auto insurance is very important to be able to decide, whether you need additional car rental insurance or not. If you own a car, you must be having auto insurance and in most cases this would cover your rental car as well. The basic liability coverage would protect you from damage that the rental car causes to other vehicles, people or properties. If you don't have a car of your own, you should consider buying car rental insurance from an insurance company that offers the best prices.
If you have auto insurance and you don't want to buy extra insurance, make sure the existing policy has collision coverage and comprehensive coverage that covers any damage to your car due to accident, flip over, vandalism, flood, fire, etc. If you find these present on your auto insurance, move on to the fine prints to find out whether rental cars are eligible to get the coverage. The best way to get answers to these questions is, call the insurance company and get answers to all the questions.
2. Know Your Credit Card BenefitsThe car rental protection offered by various credit card companies vary by the type of card you are using. While many companies would pay the loss-of-use charges, many will explicitly prohibit them. Since the levels of protection differ widely, it is wise to call your credit card company and ask about the specific coverage details provided for each card that you have.
The primary coverage would be provided by your personal auto insurance while the other things would be taken care of by the credit card companies (but they have their own limitations). Certain type of cars might not be covered by the credit card companies, so make sure you have a detailed discussion about the coverage provided. The credit card coverage will be applicable only if you do not take insurance from the car rental agency, make the payments using that particular credit card and the person renting the car is same as the one who owns the credit card.
There are many things to be considered if you are depending on the credit card company to provide coverage for rental cars. Meet them personally to know about the details, and once everything is settled ask them to provide s printed copy of all the coverage and terms & conditions.
3. Go through the Car Rental Agreement ThoroughlyFor this, you will have to visit the car rental agency. Ask for the car rental agreement and find the section that includes details about your responsibilities under the state law in case there is an accident and the rental company's waiver. If the liability exposure is limited by the state law and you are lucky to have enough protection from your personal auto insurance and credit card companies, you can confidently decline the car rental insurance offered to you.
Whether you need additional insurance or not would typically depend on your situation. If you already have enough coverage there is no point buying extra coverage to increase your daily rental bills. On the other hand, if you find that you do not have sufficient coverage, you may have to buy extra insurance. The staffs would offer you many types of rental insurance, but you do not have to buy them all. Evaluate your travelling needs and the associated perils and then buy appropriate insurance.
Accidental death and personal property insurance offered by the rental agencies should be declined at once, since these are covered under the health, homeowners and life insurance that you already have. Buying a rental car insurance can be very tricky, so make sure you do enough research and homework, so that you don't end up paying excess.
Types of Rental Car InsuranceIf you come to know that you are not adequately covered by your existing auto insurance and the credit card company, buying a car rental might become essential. Some states make it mandatory to have car insurance before you drive a car. Coverage is essential since the costs associated with damage of the car or other property can be too expensive. The medical costs of the victims can also be huge. Moreover, to keep the rental vehicles safe, the car rental company might require you to buy insurance before you can drive their cars.
Here are the four basic types of car rental insurance which will be offered to you when you approach a car rental agency.
· Collision Damage Waiver: The collision damage waiver and loss damage waiver is not insurance in true sense. It means you are agreeing to pay for any damage done to their rental vehicles or in case of theft. So do you need to have this insurance? This is one that you can consider buying from the rental agency. If you are forced to buy insurance while renting a car, ask for a CDW or collision damage waiver. While your personal auto insurance will provide collision coverage for rental vehicles, all types of rental charges might not be included. For example, many auto car insurance or credit cards do not pay the loss of use charges. Credit card coverage is secondary in nature, so consider buying a CDW if there is no other option. The best option to get protection against theft or collision is through a third-party rental car insurance. These are cheaper than the ones offered by car rental agencies.
· Supplemental Liability Insurance: Liability insurance offers coverage for damage done to other's properties and medical costs of the victims who got injured because of you. A minimum amount of liability insurance is required by all states, so if you already have auto insurance chances are you have liability coverage. The staffs at the rental agency may try to persuade you by telling that you do not have enough liability coverage, so it is essential to have supplemental coverage. If you are satisfied by what they tell you, get umbrella liability insurance which is a low cost policy added to the existing homeowners or auto liability insurance. This provides enhanced protection when you're driving a rental car, without adding too much to your daily rentals.
· Personal Accident Insurance: While liability insurance looks after other's benefits, personal accident insurance will provide coverage for your damages, injury, etc. The passengers travelling along with you will also be covered under this policy. In most cases, you are not required to buy this type of insurance since the benefits offered by the personal accident insurance is already covered by the health, car or life insurance that you already have. They are also covered under the mandatory coverage provided by the car rental agency. So you can safely decline to buy this insurance.
· Personal Effects Coverage: This provides coverage for theft of personal possessions from the rental car. But the coverage has a fixed upper limit. The homeowners or renter policy already provides coverage, so make sure you check the policy before leaving home. If you are travelling with expensive jewelleries, costly electronics and other instruments, it is wise to protect them. If you are not able to check the policies, keep a copy of the policy with you, so that you can refer it whenever needed.
The easiest way to buy a rental car insurance is to research on the types of policies available and their respective coverage. Review the personal auto insurance and credit card benefits thoroughly. If you still find yourself in a confused state, get in touch with a third party insurance company and ask about the possible alternative. Tell them about your existing policies and get their opinions about buying extra insurance from car rental agencies. Even if you check 'yes' on the car rental contract, there are ways to waive off the insurance. Return it to their office right on the next day and ask them to cancel the insurance.
To make your vacation or trip, memorable, it is important that you make the right choices. If you are sure you don't need additional insurance, firmly say a 'NO'.
Things to Consider About Your Auto Insurance before Renting a CarIn most cases, your auto insurance will provide enough coverage for you when you drive a rental car, but there are situations when you might not get the coverage at all. If you are in doubt about any situation, which can void the coverage provided by the auto insurance, get in touch with the insurance provider at once and get all the queries cleared. Some things to consider are:
· In case, a person who is not included in your personal auto policy drives the rental car and a mishap occurs, the person and the damages caused by them may not be covered. Get an answer about this from the auto insurance provider.
· In many cases, the coverage provided by the personal auto policy is not enough. Even if it covers collision damage for a rental car, the limit may be equal to the value of your vehicle. If the rental car values more than your personal car, then you may have to pay for the extra damage from your pocket. In such cases, calculate the amount of coverage that is not available and consider buying a supplemental insurance.
· Several personal auto insurance does not offer coverage for business trips. Most of the auto insurance companies do not cover vehicles that are used to deliver business items like materials, supplies, food, etc. if such is your case, call your insurance provider and get an answer.
· Insurance coverage for long term rentals is very tricky. Most of the credit card companies offer coverage for 30 days maximum, so what would you do if you need a car for a longer period of time?
· Coverage by your auto policy and credit cards may not be valid for foreign countries. Look out for the other options available.
· Some special types of cars and vehicle may not be covered under the rental insurance provided by the credit card companies as well as you auto insurance. Check it well before hiring a car.
Often times, you face situations where you have no other way than to buy additional insurance. If you are in such a situation, get in touch with a third party insurance provider and ask about the available options. Many times you can get policies equivalent to the insurance offered by the rental agencies but at cheaper rates. Why would you spend extra, when you can save money by buying smart? Do some extensive research on available rental insurance and shop around to find the best insurance policy with best rates.
Reasons You should not Take Additional Rental Car InsuranceBuying a car rental insurance is the trickiest decision that you have to make while renting a car. Many times people end up buying additional insurance that they actually don't require and this adds something around £5 to £30 per day on their rental expenses.
According to National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), about 42% of the renters are unsure about the insurance coverage when they are out to rent a car. And 34% of renters among them will buy additional insurance to make sure they are well protected while they drive, even if they have to pay excessive money. This automatically helps the car rental agencies to rake up their profits.
People make this mistake since they don't know their auto insurance well. They are also unaware about the benefits provided by the credit card companies. Even if they are not completely covered, some form of protection is always available. The leading credit card companies like American Express, Discover, Master card and Visa, all offer car rental insurance and are ranked 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively, based on the how clearly they mention the coverage and how easily can the claims get paid.
These companies offer collision damage and theft protection on rental cars as a perk for being a member with them. To make sure you make the credit card coverage available, you have to use your credit cards to pay the entire rental bill. You cannot buy a supplemental insurance from the rental agency. If you mistakenly, buy one the credit card benefits for rental cars become void. Even though such benefits are available, 1 in 4 consumers are in totally unsure about the coverage provided by their credit card providers.
Rental car coverage offered by credit card companies have their own limitations, so you should know the types of cars covered, the extent of coverage provided, before you rely on credit cards for protection. Some companies will not pay for damages done due to driving on unpaved roads, while some others would not consider exotic cars and vehicles with open beds like trucks. Many credit card companies would cap the rental duration at 15 days, while others would offer coverage for a maximum of 30days and no more.
Here is a glimpse of the rental car coverage offered by the leading credit card companies:
· American Express: All types of cards issued by American Express offers insurance and rental coverage for damage to tyres and rims, towing charges and accidents that occur due to driving on dirt and gravel roads. In most cases the coverage is available for 30 days. The company also provides coverage for loss of use of the rental car and insurance deductible. The limitations are – some type of cars like SUVs, trucks, etc. are not covered.
· Discover: The rental coverage provided by the cards issued by Discover end up to 31days. Loss of use on the auto insurance is not covered, while coverage is available for damage to tyres and rims, towing charges and accidents occurring due to dirt and gravel roads. Vans, trucks and luxury cars are not covered under the rental insurance provided by Discover.
· Master Card: Rental insurance is only available for the World cardholders. For World cards the covers lasts up to 15days and for World Elite card holders the coverage is available for 31days. The towing fees, damage to tyres and rims are covered and accidents occurring on dirt and gravel roads that are well maintained by the city are covered. Insurance deductible and loss of use is covered, but no protection for trucks, vans and luxury cars are available.
Visa: The rental insurance benefits are available for all types of card holders. Insurance deductible, towing charges and loss of use are covered under the rental insurance. Accidents on dirt and gravel roads are not covered and the coverage is available for 15days domestically. Coverage for damage of tyres and rims are also not covered. Vans, luxury cars and trucks are not covered under the rental insurance offered by Visa. In many countries like Italy, Ireland, Australia, Jamaica, etc, credit card rental insurance is not accepted by the rental companies. If you're going on a business trip, make sure your personal auto insurance offers coverage for business car rentals.
Why do the car rental staffs pressurize you to buy additional insurance, even if they know you are adequately covered by your own auto insurance or the credit card company you are using!? Here is the reason why they will:
The car rental insurance offered by the car rental agency is highly priced. Much more than what you can obtain from a third party insurance company. Insurance is a high margin item for the rental agencies. Being able to sell rental insurance, the car rental agency is able to make huge profits just like the other rip-offs which include GPS navigators, extra child seat, prepaid gas charges, etc.
The truth is that the rental agencies obtain these insurance for very less but sell them at high rates to their clients, which increases their daily rental bill considerably. Selling products other than the car and the mandatory insurance coverage is essential for the employees for their livelihood. Many employees feel guilty about doing so, but in order to get promotions and salary hikes, they have to show high sales on their part.
ConclusionRental car insurance can be the biggest car rental rip off. When you stand at the car rental counter, you be offered with various forms of the same rental coverage and you'll be expected to make the decision in a fraction of a second. There will be hundreds of people standing in the queue, pushing you to complete the formalities fast and on the other side of the counter will be a person persuading you to sign a contract with the rental insurance offered by them – this might make you go insane, but you will have to make the decision under this tremendous pressure.
To make the process smooth, review the auto policies and credit card benefits thoroughly before leaving your home. If you find you don't have enough coverage, talk to the insurance providers and know about other options. Under all circumstances, insurance bought from a third party provider is cheaper than that bought from the car rental agency. The rental insurance offered by credit card companies is secondary, so make sure you evaluate the auto policy well.
If you already own a car, chances are that you have enough coverage and there is no point in buying additional rental insurance. But if you see, the employee takes you to a point where you have no other option than to buy rental insurance, choose the CDW or Collision Damage Waiver and nothing else. All other types of insurance offered are utter wastage of money and will be covered under the health, homeowners or car insurance policies that you already have.
Remember, when you are on a vacation, you are prone to spend more than what you have decided – shopping, sightseeing, outdoor activities, there is a lot that you have to explore. So it is wise to keep the rental costs minimum. Carry your essentials, know your insurance coverage and return the car with a full tank – this ensures that most of the rip-offs are taken care of.
Car rental is an absolute necessity whether you plan a trip or want a replacement for your car, which has landed up in the repairs shop. There are numerous benefits of renting a car; however, the most basic one is that it is a cost-effective way to add mobility to your daily life. Most of us have the impression that the only things we have to consider while renting a car are paying the rental amount (whether daily, weekly or monthly), return the car with a full tank, pay the taxes and in some cases buy an insurance, even if you have one in place.
What we don't consider is the mileage charge.
Most of us have the impression that car rentals with unlimited mileages is standard, but that's far from true. Not very long ago, it was almost impossible to rent a car without buying a CDW (Collision Damage Waiver, an insurance that car rental companies provided). In most cases, it was not required since the travellers or renters had their own car insurance policies, which covered rental cars or the credit cards they used to hire the car offered them this coverage. Soon the car rental companies understood that this way of making profits were turning sour and they made the insurance optional. Only people who did not have car insurance or those who were not covered by their credit card companies were required to buy insurance from the car rental companies.
The profits of the car rental companies lowered further since the renters look advantage of unlimited mileage. This resulted in lower resale value of the vehicles since the resale value is determined based on condition of the car, mileage, age of car, etc. Consequently the car rental companies were not getting enough return on investments and it was essential for them to find out ways to improve profits. Soon the rental agencies imposed free mileage caps on their rental vehicles. In most cases, they offer free mileage till 100 miles and after that it becomes chargeable. This enabled car rental agencies to recover their losses and improve their return on investments.
Do You Really Pay for Mileage When Renting a Car?
When you hire a car you have to pay more than just car rental. If you are hiring a car for the first time, chances are you might frown at the rental charges and will be busy comparing the rates with different agencies. Once you find an agency that boasts of offering the lowest rental charges, you surely will feel elated, since you have got the best deal ever! But wait, have you considered the taxes, the gas charges, early return policy and most importantly the mileage charges?
These can add a twist in the story and what seemed to be the best deal can turn out to be a rip-off! The worst part – there is no hard and fast rule about the mileage charges. It can vary with each state and it is solely up to the car rental company to decide how much they are willing to charge you. Different locations of the same car rental agency may charge differently. So be very careful when calculating the cumulative amount for your car rental.
Here are a few things you should consider when hiring a car:
Mileage FeesWith each mile the value of a car is depreciated. Whether it is your own car or a rental car, this is true. The resale value of the vehicle gets lowered with each mile it travels. Car rental companies take this into consideration and compensate the depreciating value by charging you for the mileage you drive. The charges vary with individual companies – while some agencies would offer unlimited mileage for a flat fee, other would charge you on a per mile basis. Some would offer a free mileage and charge for miles above that.
Hiring ContractThe rental agencies will make you pay for the mileage whether you pay it separately or the charge is part of the rental fee. A few car rental companies will let you choose an unlimited mileage plan with high rate or charge on a daily basis with lower rates. The plan most suitable for you will depend on your travel requirements.
Unlimited FeesIf you are not certain of your driving needs, an unlimited plan is suitable for you. Unlimited mileage plans are not the same with all car rental agencies. Some would offer you to drive unlimited miles within the same state while others will allow you to go cross borders. Many companies charge a onetime fee for unlimited mileages. The GPS system provided within the rental car helps the agency to track where the vehicle is being taken. Any suspicious act can attract unpleasant consequences.
Mileage Caps or AllowancesIf you are not choosing an unlimited mileage plan, the rental agency will restrict the number of free miles per day or over the entire rental period. You will have to pay extra for each mile over the mileage cap. The vehicles are provided with an intelligent system that gives the rental agency every detail about the miles covered. The mileage cap or allowance differs with each car rental company.
Hiring Luxury VehiclesIf you choose to hire a luxury or specialty vehicle be prepared to pay the premiums rates. The charge per mile also goes up depending upon the type of car. Don't be surprised if the mileage allowance is diminished and the per-mile charges are hiked for specialty vehicles.
Consider Your Driving PlansChalk out your driving plans well ahead of time so that you can choose the mileage plan wisely. Planning to drive cross borders will require you driving long hours and you will cover great distances at once. But if you want to hire a car just for airport transportation or some sightseeing, you may opt for limited mileage plans.
Compare CostsAs said earlier the charges per mile vary with individual companies so make sure you check the rates with many companies before finalising. In many cases, where the rental company charges high rates for limited mileage plans, choosing an unlimited plan might save you a lot of money. So make sure you make an informed choice.
You got to have a plan so that you don't end up paying all your savings for the car rental. You can hire a car on the weekends when the car rental fee is less compared to that on weekdays. If you save on the car rental you can use that money for paying for the extra miles. In some cases, hiring for long term proves to be less expensive than hiring on a daily basis. Make sure you talk about the packages the car rental agencies offer. Look for deals and discounts and check whether they are valid on the mileage fees or not. You can negotiate with the mileage cap and have it extended to some extent, so that if you are not on a tight schedule you can cover the free miles and then wait for the next day. Though it might not be suitable in all cases, you can give it a try. There's nothing better if you can save money. One other way to save on the extra miles is, take the short route to the destination. Take help from the locals and ask about the shortcuts. Refer to Google maps and find out if there are other routes to your destination.
Choosing Between Limited and Unlimited Rental Car Mileage
Confused about which car rental plan to choose? You're not alone, many travellers and renters have to go through the same dilemma. With so many factors to take care of – insurance, mileage charges, extra charges, gas charges, etc it is quite natural to get messed up. To able to make the right decision you should know the various plans in details.
When you're renting a car, the agency will set a maximum mileage limit per day or total mileage for the entire tenure. Once you go across this mark you'll have to pay for the extra miles. You therefore have two options, either choose for a cap on a daily basis and pay for extra miles or go on for an unlimited mileage plan with a flat fee.
While limited mileage tends to be cheaper than the unlimited plan, there will be situation when the latter will be more cost-effective. Think about travelling cross-borders – you'll have to drive long distance at a time so the unlimited plan would be apt. Unlimited plan is also suitable for people who are unsure about the distances they have to cover during their trip.
To make things easier for you, here are some tips that will help you to identify which plan suits you the best. · How Far Will You Travel: In most cases we focus on the places we'll be visiting but never take into account the distances to be covered. In order to determine the best plan, this is vital. Calculate the distance you'll travel throughout the renting period and add some extra miles, just in case you get lost. Now if you see you have to cover long distances, an unlimited plan would be suitable. If the distances are not too much, a limited mileage plan would be fine.
· Check Whether Unlimited Travel is Available: If you're renting from a local car rental agency chances are that they won't allow you to drive their cars out of the borders. In such cases, you'll not be able to get an unlimited mileage plan. Once you know the travelling needs, go around and check the packages available with the car rental companies.
· Extra Charges: Limited mileage plans have a flat fee for each day and you pay extra for the extra miles. But in case of unlimited plans you may have to pay extra charges to have peace of mind. So make sure you know about all the charges that would be levied.
· Check The Fine Prints: It is necessary to go through the contract and read the fine prints, especially if you are taking a limited plan. Check the number of miles you'll be getting free every day. Also check what amount will be charged for the extra miles. If you fail to check these details before driving away the car you can land in trouble. If you have negotiated the price or the number of free miles, make sure they are included within the contract.
· Go Along with Your Gut Feeling: Don't let the car rental companies persuade you to take a particular plan. Evaluate your requirements and rent accordingly. It is evident that car rental agencies are out there to make money, so they'll offer you the most expensive packages. Consider the limited package and see how much it costs and then see how much you have to pay for the unlimited package for the same trip. Now whichever is lower, go ahead with that package! If you see that both are pretty equal, then it is advised to go along with the unlimited plan, since you don't have to worry about paying for the extra miles. It is good to get quotes from various car rental agencies and then compare then to find the most suitable plan. You can also ask for quotes from one agency and show it to the other agencies and negotiate the price.
Avoid Paying Mileage Overages
Many people choose leasing over buying due to the fact that they can drive a new car every few years and leasing on all situations is cheaper than buying. You pay a flat fee for the leasing and the miles you are allowed to drive. The monthly payments would be lesser and you will not have to worry about repair and maintenance issues. That's all, it's that easy!
Actually it's not. Say you rented a car to commute to your office and back home and the round trip takes 10 miles. So you hire a car based on that and then suddenly you get a better job offer which is 20 miles from your house, so now the round trip takes 40 miles. As you know, you will pile on extra miles and you'll have to pay a hefty amount for that. Not only you, many others like you have faced the same dilemma! The first thing that pops up in your mind is, why do car rental agencies have limited mileages?
Here is the answer: Right from the moment a car is being driven, it starts to depreciate both in condition and in value. The more the car is driven the more will be the loss in value. Car lease payments are based on the expected depreciation during the lease tenure. The lesser the car is driven; the higher will be its lease-end residual value. If the leased car travels more than the allotted miles, the depreciation will be higher and thus you will have to compensate it by paying extra. Lease mileage allowances are measured in annual miles, say for example you lease a car for 12,000 miles per year, so you have a cap of 1,000 miles each month and you must be able to restrict the total lease-end miles to prevent yourself from paying extra. The mileage rates are specified in the lease contract and they cannot be negotiated. Now if you are already expecting to exceed the annual cap, here are a few obvious options you have: · Pay for the extra miles. The amount charged for the extra miles differs with each agency, so be prepared. · Park the car and look for other means of transport. If you are expecting to exceed the allotted mileage, park the car once the allotted mileage has exhausted. To avail this option, you should have friends who are willing to drive you everywhere or consider carpooling. ·
Start saving so that by the end of the lease you are in a situation to pay the extra money. You have already signed the contract and there's no way out. You'll have to stick to the terms and conditions and if you've already exceeded the mileage limit be prepared to pay extra. If you're not willing to do any of the above, here are a few tips how you can save yourself from paying mileage overages. Negotiate
There's enough room for negotiation. When you lease a car from a dealer make sure you discuss the lease terms and ask for higher limits. You may have to pay some extra money but at the end of the lease you'll be a winner. Though you'll not get a refund if the total mileage is not covered, you don't have to pay extra, that's a big perk. Calculate the miles you'll be driving on an average per month, multiply it with 12 to get the annual miles and add some extra miles to be safe. Now negotiate with the dealer based on this number. Budget Miles
Just like you save some money for emergencies, you should save some miles for future. Divide the total allotted miles by 12 to get the monthly allowances. Now make sure you save some miles each month, so that in case you have an emergency you can use this log. The car agency will not check whether you are using up all the monthly allowances, they will look at the mileage at the end of lease. How and when you use is totally up to you. Have Other Transportation Choices
If you find that you are piling up extra miles, look out for other transportation methods for a few days to get back on track. Consider carpooling to your office or take a public transport like bus or train. Once you're back on track and have a few extra miles in hand you can start driving your car again. One effective way of saving miles is by taking turns to drive to the office along with friends. This way you'll save fuel costs, save miles on lease and the carbon footprint will also be lower. Travelling like this will be cost-effective and environment friendly as well. Purchase the Car
At the end of your lease term you'll have an option to buy the car. This can be good since you know the car, the way it has been handled and the amount of depreciation it has already gone through. This can be a smart financial move as well, since you don't have to pay for the extra miles that you have piled on and you'll not be charged for excessive wear and tear, if there are any.
When leasing you agree to pay for the depreciation of the vehicle, now if you choose to buy it you have to pay the residual amount (part of the car's actual price) that you've not already paid. So if you had leased a car with 12,000 miles and ended up using 20,000 miles and then you choose to buy the car, you pay the price of a car that has travelled 12,000miles rather than paying for the 20,000miles. So it becomes a bit tricky here. Have all the calculations done and then make the final decision.
Many people think of ending the lease early to avoid paying for the extra miles, but that's never recommended. Early lease ending might get expensive. Many car rental companies charge a hefty amount as penalty of you end the lease early. Buying the car before the lease ends is also not a good options since the overall cost increases. The leasing company calculates the early buyout price which is higher than the purchase price on lease end. That added with the car loan, sales tax can become a hefty amount. So it's wise to wait until the lease ends.
If the situation is opposite, that is you have extra miles in hand at the end of the lease, you won't get a refund unless you have bought miles upfront. In most cases the lease company refunds the unused miles if it is purchased upfront.
To avoid all the unpleasant situations, it is essential that you keep a track of the miles used and resort to methods that will prevent extra miles from piling up.
Beware of Unlimited Mileages Plans
Unlimited mileages can make you feel great since you can drive as much as you can, go wherever you wish to. Car rental companies advertise rental and leasing plans in such a manner that people get delighted and sign the contracts without going through the contract or reading the fine prints. But before you actually plan road trips and long vacations, make sure the unlimited mileages actually apply.
Most of the car lease contracts have restrictions on the areas you can drive. If you ever drive outside these areas, you have to face unpleasant consequences. If you have plans to drive cross borders make sure you let the agency know that beforehand. Also before getting overwhelmed with the unlimited mileage plans read the fine prints carefully.
If you fail to stick to the area limitations you may have to face one or combination of the following consequences: ·
Reversion of the entire rental or lease plan from the overwhelming 'unlimited plan' to a strict flat fee. This can range from 75 cents to $1 per mile, which is huge.
· In case you have a breakdown, you may have to pay a hefty amount which is higher than double the actual cost.
· The extra insurance that you bought while leasing or renting the car might be cancelled. This means extra burden on you if you face mishaps. Another Big Alert: The GPS Tracking System In the past when tracking systems were not very advanced, renters took minor risks to deviate from area restrictions. But in today's world technology has made it possible to track every inch you drive. With the advent of GPS tracking systems, the rental agency is able to track the exact location of their vehicle and there is no way you can stop this.
More and more rental companies are equipping their vehicles with such advanced tracking systems. GPS systems are also used to keep a track of the driver's driving behaviours. Many car rentals prohibit racing, excessive speed, and other such driving malpractices. Two most common prohibitions imposed by car rental companies are: ·
No one other than those signed as 'additional drivers' can drive the car. This applies to your spouse, adult children and even a valet who parks your car. So make sure you read the contract well, even though this seems to be a rare problem. · You may be restricted from driving on paved roads. While you can never anticipate a paved road, the contract restricts you from driving on paved road.
The bottom line is before you rent a car carefully read the contract and the fine prints. If you have special requirements like you have plans to drive in a rural area where you expect paved roads, let the company know beforehand. Any other such requirements should be sorted out before signing the contract. If special modifications are made to the contract, they should be included in the contract with a seal or signature of the car rental staffs.
One Way Car Rentals When you go ahead with a car rental you'll be offered with a lot of choices – daily, weekly, monthly packages, mileage options, and choice of returning car with full gas tank or paying upfront and more. To make the travelling smooth and comfortable, it is essential that you choose the right packages so that you don't have to pay hefty fees.
One way car rental is becoming popular these days with travellers across the world. If you choose a one way car rental you are allowed to pick up the car from one location and return it on another location. This gives you flexibility and you can also get deals and discounts to make your travelling even more soothing.
Choosing a one way car rental often eases the mileage restrictions so you don't have to worry about paying extra when you return the vehicle.
Why choose One Way Car Rental? It may seem weird but being able to drop the car at a different location proves to be beneficial at some situations. One way car rentals would be your perfect choice when: ·
When Moving Base: If you are moving to a new city and have plans to drive, a one way rental would be ideal for you. You may want to return the car at your destination without having to drive back to the point from where you picked up the vehicle. One way rentals will also provide you with the necessary transportation facilities. Once everything is in place, you can return the car to the desired location.
· Moving for Business Meetings: Many people have to travel around the world for attending meetings and conferences. A one way rental is ideal for such people, since they are able to pick up a car when they arrive to the city and leave it at the airport site or a location close to the airport before leaving. This is cost-effective as well as the most suitable way of moving around.
· Planning a Vacation on Cruise: if you have plans to take your family on a cruise you can hire a car and drive to the embarkation port and leave the car in the nearest site. If you choose to hire a car throughout the vacation you may have to pay huge parking charges and the chances of wear and tear are high. Instead if you opt for one way travel you don't have to worry about the wear and tear and it will be less expensive than flying. When you return hire a car and leave it close to your home.
One way rentals are perfect when you want to drop your children to a new college in a new city. So when you wish to have a car for a limited period of time and want to save on your flight expenses consider a one way car rental. This way you won't even pile up extra miles and you don't have to pay extra money. One way car rentals prevent you from retracing the steps on your vacation.
Things to Consider When Opting For One Way Car Rentals Most of the major car rental companies offer one way car rental, though you should check the availability before booking. It is essential that the car rental company has a branch in the location you are willing to drop the car. Some small car rental companies also offer one way rentals but chances are rare since they do not have too many car rental locations. So it is best to get in touch with a number of car rental agencies and see what they have to offer. Before you sign the contract you need to consider the cost of hiring a car for one way car rental.
Cost of One Way Rental Even though one way car rentals offer many benefits, it may be expensive but less expensive than taking a flight. This way of travelling is expensive than normal car rental because of high base rates and drop-off surcharges. The drop-off surcharge if levied since you leave the car at a different location and the agency has to get the car back to the original point. Even if you find a leasing agency that does not charge you the drop-off surcharge, the base rates would be higher compared to the normal car rental charges. Even though there is not much you can do about the rates, here are some tips that will help you to lower the base rates to some extent.
Shop Around for Choices: it is always recommended to go around take quotes from various car rental agencies. Discuss about travelling needs and ask how much they are willing to negotiate. Check rates on online travel websites which offer car rental services. Some websites will allow you to compare the values side by side. Match, compare and then go for the best deal.
Coupons and Discounts: Many car rental companies offer coupon codes which can be used during booking to save on your one way car rental. Many car rental websites also offer coupon codes and discounts which can help you save a lot on car rentals. Check websites of leading car rental companies and see whether they are offering special discounts.
Look for Seasonal Discounts: At certain points of the year the car rental companies move their vehicles from one point to another for various reasons. If it so happens that the destination for the fleet of cars and yours is the same, you might be lucky to get good rates for the one way rental. Make sure you call the car rental companies and ask whether they have any such offers in store.
Consider Driveaways: In many cases, a car owner pays a driveaway company to move his vehicle from one point to another. Driveaways are great options for people willing to drive a car at low cost without having to rent a car or piling up miles for their own cars. You need to pay fuel costs after the first tank gets exhausted along with the tolls. To take advantage of such driveaways you should be above 25 years of age and should have a clean driving record.
You also need to deposit some cash which will be refunded when to deliver the car at the final destination. Driveaways are great for people who are flexible with their driving needs and are able to plan last minute. You can search for driveaway companies online or check the yellow pages.
No matter which plan you choose, whether limited, unlimited or one way rental make sure you take care of the other factors also. It's not just the extra miles, there are various other factors that can make your rental bill go skyrocketing. Many car rentals employees feel guilty about the rip-offs but they get paid for it. Here are some confessions of a former rental salesman about the various ways in which the car rental agencies suck out money from their clients.
1. Rates are not fixed: In most cases the rates offered are not fixed. The staffs are trained in a manner that they offer the rates as per the requirements of the clients. If someone is out there to hire a car no matter what the rates are, he would be offered double the actual rates. On the other hand if there are too many cars in-house they may offer you base rates.
2. Rental Insurance: Most of us know we don't need extra rental insurance, but the staffs at the rental agencies would persuade you to take one until you sign the contract. Once you are roped in to add extra coverage the profits for the car rental company doubles.
3. Weekend Special Prices: Car rental companies offer special weekend rates since there are too many cars and to maintain the reputation and cash flow, they offer you base rates. Places which attract too many tourists or agencies located close to a busy airport won't offer you discounts even on weekends since most of their cars would be out.
4. Rates Depend On The Staff's Mood: You will get a great deal if the employee is in a good mood – believe it or not. All negotiations depend on how the employee is feeling when you're negotiating. The chances of having a good deal with better rates increases if you walk up to the agency to drive the car rather than having you picked up from a point. So if you can save money and have a cheap deal, it is worth taking the pain. Conclusion Hiring a car can be very tricky and if you miss out on anything, be assured that you'll have to spend all your savings paying the rental bills. Right from the duration of renting, to the rental policies and specially the mileage restrictions, all have to be taken care of at a time.
It is true that the type of car rental plan you need depends on your travelling requirements, but being able to plan ahead and take out time to research on various factors that affect the rental plans, can actually help you save a lot of time and money. There are pitfalls at every inch and it is up to you to save yourself from these traps. Next time you plan to go out on a vacation or on a long trip, make sure you get the best car rental deal!
Car Hire Options for People with Low or No Credit
Hiring a car has become a necessity more than an option today. In many countries hiring a car is the only way you can add mobility to your trip or everyday life. Vacationers and business travellers also rely on car rental services for transportation from the airport to the desired destination and back.
With more people considering hiring a car rather than buying, the car rental companies have started providing attractive offers that tempt more people to hire cars. In fact, car hiring is not only for vacationers or business travellers; there are many more reasons why you would want to hire a car. What would you do if your car has gone to the repair shop? Whether it is about dropping your kids to school or driving to the workplace, cars have become a necessity of our day-to-day life and we can't do without it. Hiring or leasing a car can be a solution to keep up with your regular duties.
All of us love watching movies, especially those with happy endings where both the lovers get married and ride off in a luxury car. Have you ever thought if you could do the same on your wedding? Yes it is very much possible. Just hire a luxury car or any car of your choice and end your wedding with a bang! Want more reasons? Think of your first date! The first impression absolutely matters. While hiring a luxury car can give out wrong messages about your financial status, you can hire a nice and clean car to make a solid impression. Not just for wedding or a date, car rental services can help in shifting your belongings to a new location, move a large group of people together or make your road trip memorable.
Various packages are available with the car rental agencies to suit all kinds of budget, time periods and travelling requirements, so you can choose one according to your needs. Shop around and find a good car rental company which offers affordable rates and great services. Whether you hire a car for short term or long term, the dealer would look at your credit scores to decide whether to offer you a deal or not. If you have bad credit the dealer might turn down your application, to avoid risks. Bad credit depicts you as a bad payer or defaulter, so the risks of offering car hire or lease to people with bad credit are many.
So what would you do if you have bad credit? Can you lease a car if you have bad credit or even that won't be possible? We will get into the details in the following sections.
Can you Lease a Car if You have Bad Credit?If you still don't own a car, it is quite possible that you are thinking of buying one soon. Buying a new car can be quite expensive and in most cases, people need an auto loan to buy a dream car. But what is you have bad credit? Getting any kind of auto financing is very difficult for people having bad credit, so would you wait for years to rebuild your credit scores to buy a car? Or do you have any other options? Many people would tell you that leasing a car with bad credit is also not possible, but that far from truth!
There's good news for people having bad credit. You can find options for leasing a car without having to pass stringent credit checks. If you strongly feel that car leasing is suitable for you with your current financial condition, then there are companies who would provide you with options of leasing a car even if you have bad credit. The obvious question that comes up after you know this is: What credit score will make you eligible for leasing a car? There is no certain answer for this, while some companies would ask for a score of 620 and above, some others can consider something below it. This would depend on the car rental company you choose. So shop around and check the credit requirements with companies that offer car leasing for people with bad credits.
While it is good to know that you can lease a car even if you don't have excellent credit scores, you need to consider some things before leasing a car with bad credit. Things would be different for you to some extent, so it is good to be prepared. ·
Keep Your Expectations Grounded: In normal situations, if you consider leasing or financing you favourite car, you'll have to pay huge down payments, bear high interest rates and pay high security deposits. But if you have a poor credit and still want to lease a car, you'll have to compromise with your choice. You can even have problems while getting insurance, so be prepared to compromise. ·
Wait a Few Months before Buying a Car: If you have bad credit history, it is wise to wait for some time before buying a car. This will save you from paying high interests and help in saving money along with enjoying low credit scores. Start by making an estimate of how much can you afford and how much can you pay monthly. Knowing this you can save some money every month and make timely payments so that your credit score starts building up. Within a few months your credit score will improve and you will be eligible to get good interest rates. Till then you can consider leasing a car. ·
Limit the Number of Credit Investigations: If you already have a bad credit score, each time you ask for credit score or credit report, it further lowers your FICO. A good way to limit this adverse effect is to take a printout of the credit score report provided by the credit bureau and hand it to the car leasing agencies or dealers you are considering. They can evaluate whether you qualify or not based on this report. ·
Lease Takeovers are Great Options: Lease takeovers can be a great option for people who want to lease cars with bad credit. Many times it so happens that people get car leasing contracts and find themselves in a situation where they are no more in a condition to make the payments. In such cases, you can take over the lease at affordable rates and enjoy a car ride. Remember, the leasing company with whom you wish to take over the lease, will check your credit scores but the approval standards are not that stringent. You can check online sites dealing with car rental companies to find such deals. You can improve your credit scores with time but you have to be patient. Research on ways you can achieve this goal or discuss with an expert. This does not mean you'll have to do without a car all this time. Find a good car rental company that allows car leasing with bad credit and carry on your daily chores.
There are definitely some advantages of leasing a car over buying and this is the reason why people opt for leasing over buying a car. The benefits of leasing a car would be discussed in the next section. So carry on reading.
Benefits of Car Leasing
Owning a car might seem beneficial emotionally and financially, but leasing a car when you have bad credit can prove advantageous in many cases. So if you are disheartened because you are not able to buy a car of your choice, here are a few reasons to lease a car that might light up your mood to some extent: ·
You can lease a car of your choice with the advanced technology and safety features. You can drive around safely and comfortably and feel proud as if it is your own car.
The car that you lease comes with warranty so you don't have to bother about major repairing and maintenance charges. On the other hand if you owned the car you had to take care of all these. SO leasing seems to be a better option than purchasing, isn't it?
Still feeling low? There's more good news. The monthly payments for leasing a car are much less than the monthly loan payments if you were to purchase a car with help of an auto loan. So if you are able to ride your favourite vehicle at half the expense that should lighten you up!
Each time you make the payments to the dealer or leasing company your credit improves, which means you go one step ahead to buy a car of your choice. Since the monthly payments are reasonable and affordable it is quite easy to make on-time payments. ·
The chances of turning in or buying the car increases after the lease period ends. So you have the benefits of both the worlds, what more can you ask for? Even if your credit score is not that bad, you can choose to lease a car to save money. Once you have enough money in hand, you can make a decent down payment and get good interest rates. So whatever the situation is, leasing a car seems to be a great option!
How to Lease a Car with Bad Credit
People having low credit scores or bad credit histories have to face frustrating situations quite often, when they are up to buy or lease a car. The car commercials might give an impression that it takes nothing to buy a car – just walk in and drive out with your favourite car but the actual catch appears in the fine prints below the TV screen in form of "Conditions Apply or Subject to Credit Approval."
The scenarios have become even tougher since the finance companies and banks have tightened the criteria and are unwilling to work with borrowers having poor credit scores. This has made auto loan approval and leasing tougher than ever. But the good news is there are some dealers and car manufactures that are willing to take up risks in order to maximize their revenues. So you can approach them and see whether you have any luck.
Low credit scores mean you have to pay higher interests, higher down payments and high security deposits if you choose to lease. Getting car insurance can also become very difficult. Being unable to make payments on time will further lower the credit scores, so it is a good idea to check your credit report regularly and rectify mistakes.
In the following section, we discussed a few strategies which will help you improve your situation and make you eligible leasing a car.
Start with Analyzing Your Credit Rating and Scores
Just knowing that you have bad credit is not enough. It is important to analyze, why you have got bad credit scores. People have varying degrees of bad credit, where do you fall? Home foreclosures or bankruptcies mean there is serious credit crisis but not being able to pay a few payments on time might not have adverse effects like the previous ones. You can repair some problems quickly, while others would take more time.
When you apply for a car loan or car leasing, you'll be asked to provide credit reports obtained from any one of the three main credit agencies – Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. Since the dealers and finance companies get hundreds of such applications every day, they only see the credit scores and decide whether you are eligible or not. So it is essential that you know where you stand before filing the application.
Each one of you is entitled to get a free yearly credit report from one of the above mentioned credit bureaus, so get one analyze thoroughly. Take note of the late payments, missed payments, bankruptcies, etc and determine why it all happened. If you have a score above 680 or 700 you'll be considered 'prime' and most banks and financial companies would be willing to work with you. Anything below 640 or 620 will be considered 'subprime' and you have to face rejections.
People get confused between credit scores and credit history report – remember they are completely different. Credit report is the detailed report containing all the information (mortgages, insurance, late payments, foreclosures, etc) and credit score is a number that summarizes your credit report.
The credit scores from the credit bureaus might differ slightly or substantially, so it is up to you to determine the faults and get them rectified, so that information are accurate and the credit scores are not affected.
Look for 'Sub-prime' Lenders
If you have subprime credit scores, it is best to approach sub-prime lenders rather than conventional lenders or finance companies, since they would ultimately refer your loan request to lenders dealing with subprime loan applications. There are many lenders who offer loans or leasing opportunities to people having low credit scores.
You can do research online or ask other lenders to help you locate such subprime lenders. The loan approval process becomes easier and quicker and you have to face lesser disappointments. One thing should be kept in mind that, you may have to pay higher interest rates than prime borrowers, but if you have no other way out this can be a feasible solution.
Consider Lease Take-Over
A lease take-over, also referred to as lease transfer or lease assumption, is an easy and safe alternative for people with bad credit scores. Many people would be looking for options to get out of their lease terms, due to variable reasons, you can take over their cars and lease payments and use it for yourself.
You may have to go through credit approval process but that is not as strict as in the case of a new lease. The 'lease sellers' often make their offers attractive by allowing no down payment for people who wish to drive an almost new car without spending much. Many online companies provide services that help to match sellers with buyers. People with bad credit and very limited cash in hand find this option beneficial. Search for online sites offering information on lease sellers and get hold of a great deal.
What would You do If You Still don't Get Approved for A Bad Credit Lease or Car Loan?
Some people have credit scores that are so bad that they don't get approved for subprime leasing or car loans. Typically people having credit scores less than 500 are rejected. So what would you do if your options get narrowed further?
Here are a few options which can help you get out of this situation:
· Save money and buy/lease a starter car (basic car to be more specific) and trade up when your finances and credit scores improve
· Borrow money against home equity or 401K fund (if you have any)
Buy a used car from an individual who is in need of cash, though you have to be very careful
Look for a co-signer and apply for a loan. A co-signer will be responsible to make up if you default.
The best way is to repair or rebuild your credit history. Though it may take quite some time, it will be beneficial in the long term. This will not only help you to get leasing without hassles, you can even apply for a car loan and purchase a car of your own. If you consider this option, here are a few tips how you can improve your credit history:
Don't give up credit card accounts that you don't use anymore. The available credit limits can help you improve the scores.
Open a few more credit card accounts at regular intervals and use them occasionally. Make sure you make the payments on time.
A secured credit card is very useful for people having very low credit scores.
These cards are available with all leading banks and financial companies, where you will have to deposit a security amount and the rest is same as a normal credit card. This helps in restoring your credit scores.
Pay bills on time and avoid missed payments. One mistake can have adverse effects.
Filing a bankruptcy means damaging your credit for 10 years – avoid it. Buying or leasing a car with bad credit may be difficult but not impossible. If you maintain some self-discipline in terms of your finances and are able to shop around to find a good lender offering good rates, you can make the impossible, possible. Make sure that you don't do things that would further lower the scores, rather take up measures that will help in improving your credit history.
Tips to Hire a car with Bad Credit
There are many people who desperately are in need of car but don't have enough cash or credit to be able to buy a new car. Buying a car with bad credit is almost impossible in today's economy and in most cases people with bad credit have their applications rejected since financial companies and banks have strict qualifying guidelines and they put stress on having an excellent credit history. However, there is no reason to feel low. There are many car dealers who offer cars on lease to keep the flow of cash steady.
As mentioned earlier, the best thing about car leasing is that you can drive a car without having to improve the credit score and you have the choice to either give up the lease or buy the car, if your financial condition improves. Whatever you wish to do the ultimately the need of a car has been fulfilled. The fact that many people live with bad credit in today's world, makes car leasing a necessity. While you can improve your credit score with help of a few simple steps but that might take years depending on how bad the credit is. It might so happen that you need a car immediately and won't be able to wait that long. So what would you do in such cases? Feeling lost? Here are some tips that will help you get a car on lease even if you have bad credit.
· Avoid Bad Credit Auto Loans – Think Otherwise: Many people who are in need of a car think that bad credit loans are the only option that is available to have access to a car. Most of these loans are backed by huge down payments and high interest rates, which makes the situation even tougher. Most car dealers will not talk to you about other loan options since they just want their money. If you are not able to pay on time, your credit score will be affected further and in case you default the lender has to suffer. So if you have bad credit, consider leasing a car, so that no one gets into bad situations.
· Leasing Car with Bad Credit for Buying the Car: A car lease is hiring a car for long term and when the lease term ends you return the car back to the dealer. You own the car only for the lease term. Many dealers would give you the option of buying a car after the lease term ends. If you opt to give up the lease, you have to return the car. ·
Save Money for Down Payments: While many dealers would offer no deposit car leasing, some others can ask you for down payments. This can be some around 5% to 10% of the cost of the car, so this down payment varies with the type of car you choose. The down payment is used to cover taxes and documentation fees, if any. ·
Shop Around and Compare Prices: You can find many car dealers in your locality and it would be a good idea to visit them and talk to them about the car leasing options that they offer. Get quotes in written so that you can compare later to choose the dealers who offers the best prices. You can show this to other dealers and ask them to offer best prices. ·
Have Stable Income: If you consider leasing a car it is a good idea to have a stable source of income to support the leasing costs and everyday expenses. In case you fail to make the payments to the dealer, they will take possession of the vehicle. So the dealers will only offer you a car lease if you are able to make monthly payments. ·
Stay Current on Lease: Stay current on your lease payments if you want to buy the car later. If you fail to make the payments, the dealer might not be willing to offer you the car for buying.
So if you are in need of a car and have no options to buy one immediately, consider leasing a car. This will save you time and money. You'll have enough time to repair your credit score so that you become eligible to get a car loan once the lease comes to an end.
Why Hire A Car When You Have Access To Bad Credit Car Loans – Here Is Why You Should!
When people are desperately in need of money, it makes them run from pillar to post looking for options and grab whatever comes their way. Bad credit and same day loans are the easiest option for people who have bad credit, but that might get you into trouble more than doing good. Many of you might think that buying a car with such bad credit loans would be better than leasing a car. But is it really worth it? Resorting to bad credit loans is really a better alternative to leasing or hiring a car? Think again!
It might be tempting to think that you can fulfil your wishes of owning a car with bad credit car loans, but make sure you know everything about it before you sign the papers. Bad credit portrays you as a bad payer or defaulter, which is the reason why banks and lender shy away from offering funding to you.
Many lenders offer loans to people who are unable to obtain funding from other sources. While this might seem easy and convenient to way of getting money, since you do not have to go through rigorous approval process, you should know the cons involved with such loans. Why would someone offer you money when they are at risk of losing it? It is obviously because they see benefit for themselves.
Lenders offering same day or bad credit loan might tell you that these loans help to improve the credit scores quickly. But that is only when you are able to repay the loan on time. In case you fail (which might have happened in the past), the credit scores goes down further.
Here are some reasons why applying for bad credit car loans is not advised: · Higher Interest Rates: Lenders providing bad credit or fast approval loans will offer higher interest rates than normal loans. The high interest rates will offer security to the lender, since there are many risks involved in offering loans to people with bad credit. The risks will aggravate if they offer you low interest rates.
· Unsecure Providers: bad credit loans do not come with any guarantee, people applying for these loans often fall into traps. This is mostly because they choose the wrong lenders who are ready to rip-off people.
· Loans Not Big Enough: Bad credit loans have strict limits and you will not be able to borrow more than that. The risk of defaulting is more with such loans, so the loan amount is limited. Many times this would not even be enough to buy a car, even the most standard car. So why get into further financial obligations? · Short Term Loans: Quick loans are available for a shorter term compared to normal loan terms. Since the interest rates are higher, you have to repay the loan quickly to avoid extra services charges from piling up.
After knowing what you can go through by applying for these loan programs, will you be willing to take all these burdens? Or you'd want to take some time to repair your credit and apply for a normal loan and get best rates?
All that said you can't even let go the need of a car. Hiring or leasing a car with bad credit will be the most feasible solution for you. Not only can you enjoy driving, you have the best car to drive and you don't even have to bother about the repair and maintenance costs. Many people have resorted to such quick loans and have ended up being nowhere. Hurting the credit scores further would mean it will take longer to repair it. SO now if you can repair it within 2 years, it might take you 5 years to repair it if you take the wrong decision.
It is best to remain safe and save yourself from doldrums. Lease a car and be happy!
Car Hire Options for People with Bad Credit
If you are already in a dilemma of having bad credit, a debit card can be your saviour. Many car rental companies would allow you to use a debit card to hire car. If you choose to swipe your debit card to hire or lease a car, here are some guidelines which will help you make the best deal.
· Compare Price: Hiring with debit card might be difference from using a credit card, so let the representatives know you will be using a debit card. Ask whether there are restrictions if you use a debit card. Car rental policies differ to a great extent with locations and rental companies, so make sure shop around and get quotes, which you can compare later to make the best choice.
· Have Some Cash for the Deposit: Most of the car rental companies would ask for deposit money, which is refundable at the time you return the car. Many people find it difficult to pay this lump sum amount together, so it is a good idea to plan ahead so that you can save the deposit money.
· Have a Debit Card Along with You: Most of the car rental companies will tell you they don't rent out without a credit card, but your negotiation skills are good, you can press them into accepting a debit card as well.
· Have Documents Ready: You may be required to submit documents for verification. The requirements differ with each company, so call the company with whom you are planning to rent and know what documents you'll require. Make sure that the details and personal information match with those on the debit card and driver's license. Discrepancies might prevent you from hiring a car.
Having a bad credit can become a major roadblock with car rentals, so it is wise to check the credit ratings and scores ahead of time to know where you stand. While debit cards can save you from being embarrassed, you should not completely rely on them. Have a plan which will allow you to repair the credit scores, so that next time you are required to show the scores you come out clean.
As we go towards an automated world, individuals are being considered high risk and low risk entities rather than individuals. Therefore it is become more difficult to handle situations which go against us. It is not always that you have to be a careless person to make your credit score go down! Many situations are out of our control that makes us suffer in the present as well as in the future.
Owing to the current economic systems, lending institutions and banks have stricter guidelines and underwriting policies to minimize risks. But this has made the situation tougher for people who have had bad financial experiences in the past. Whether it is about a home loan or car loan, these people have to face disappointments and rejections.
So what would one do if they are desperately in need of a car? Compromise with public transport or wait until they are in a situation to apply for a loan? No there is no need to compromise or wait that long. Car hire with bad credit is the solution for people looking to drive a car when they do not have enough cash in hand to buy a car. Car hiring options for people with low or bad credit allows them to drive a car of their choice at low costs.
Though you don't own the car once the lease contract or hiring contract gets over, you have the choice to buy the car. Short term car lease is not available with many car dealers, so if you want a car for short term you might consider hiring a car from car rental agencies. If you opt to lease a car, the lease starts at 24 months or more. So in this case you have enough time to repair you credit score by paying bills on time and being disciplined in the way you spend money.
Car leasing can help you improve the scores, since every on-time payment adds up to make the scores better. Repairing the credit will not only help you to get a car of your choice, but will help you in many situations. Most of the financial institutions will look at your credit scores, when you ask for financial support.
Car hiring or leasing with bad credit is a cost-effective alternative to buying a car, so many people who are affluent enough to buy a car take up such options. Lease takeover or lease assumptions are other options that will help you save further. You can take over a lease from someone who is willing to give up the lease mid-term. To attract buyers, the lease sellers offer discounts and 'no deposit' options, so this is ideal for people have very poor financial condition.
So no matter what the reason is – whether you are relocated temporarily, your car has gone to the repair shop or whatever, car hiring with bad credit if the most practical solution for those suffering from bad credit scores. Now you can drive your dream car even if you don't have enough cash in hand. What more do you want!
Planning your next vacation?
You must have big plans – engaging in outdoor sports, going around sight-seeing and treating your taste buds with local exotic cuisines. Bookings are important before you even start packing bags. Booking plane tickets, hotel bookings, etc are an essential part of your travelling program. One other important aspect is considering discount car rentals. Renting a car means more flexibility and mobility while you are travelling. In some countries that is the only way you can go around doing things that you want. Finding the right vehicle that suits your travelling is necessary to make your trip successful.
Though car rentals are essential, they can make your trip complicated. Finding the right discount car rental, getting the right insurance and most importantly getting the best deals, can make your travel planning more daunting. In most cases, people end up paying more than what they actually should have. Studies show that more than half of the population, who hire a car end up paying more.
This is the reason why the number of legal suits complaining about the car rentals is on a rise. The rates would depend on the type of car you hire and the number of days you hire. One way to save yourself from paying more is to get deals from third parties. These often save you hundreds of dollars, which you can use for other expenses on your trip or save it for future
endeavours. Before you start planning for your vacation, you need to know that there are more pitfalls and traps associated with discount car rentals than you can think of. You have to be very cautious when hiring a car and even more alert when choosing a car rental company such as compare the rates, buy the right kind of insurance policy and read the fine lines before signing a contract.
To help you avoid pitfalls and choose the right kind of discount car rentals, we'll get into the details of hiring a vehicle. Car rentals are not just for vacations, there are more occasions when you'll need to hire a car.
Occasions that Calls for Car Rentals
Vacations don't only mean planning a get-away with your family. You may have to attend a wedding event in a different country. Along with enjoying the wedding you might want to explore the new land that was unknown to you till now. Vacation can also mean taking your girlfriend on a surprise trip this Christmas. Chocolates and flowers are old day tricks; if you really want to surprise your spouse, think of hiring a luxury car and escaping together for a long drive. A convertible would be perfect for such a situation!
Car Rentals can Make Your Day Special!
Luxury car rentals are an amazing way to make an occasion special. If you want to have a destination wedding, you'll have guests coming from all around the world. To make them feel special and see that they are comfortable while travelling to and fro, you can hire discount car rentals. Your guests might also want to go around the city, so a car rental service can help you with arranging round the city tours.
Not only do car rentals make your travelling easy, they make a style statement. Think of arriving in a limousine on your wedding day or think you are on honeymoon and you hire a convertible car to drop you to your destination. Luxury car rentals may sound expensive, but many companies providing luxury cars on rent, offer great deals. Booking cars through third parties save you a lot, since their businesses thrive on customers and to retain them they may be agreeing to negotiate the rates.
Many car rental companies provide luxury cars for organizing parties. These cars have all kinds of amenities like a drinks counter, a snacks bar and are large enough to accommodate all the people. So if you are planning to organize a poolside bachelorette party with your friends, think again. You can make the day more special by hiring a car and partying in it while you go around the city.
This will not only make the event memorable, but it is a safe option since you don't have to worry about driving home drunk. The chauffeur would pick you up from the destination and make sure you get back home safely. All the drivers and chauffeurs are trained and licensed so you don't have to worry about the security issues.
The type of car you need to hire would depend on the occasion and the number of people you need to accommodate. If you want to hire a car for your honeymoon, you'll need a small car, but if you hire it for your guests, you'll need a bigger one, so that it can accommodate many people at a time. Car rental companies mostly have cars of various sizes, types and brands, so you can hire the one that suits all your needs.
The type of cars available with the car rental companies are covered in the following section.
Types of Car Available with Car Rentals
The best part about discount car rentals is that you can choose the style and model of the car you want to. Car rates vary depending upon the size and brand, but you can afford that much to make a day memorable. The car rental companies have a huge fleet of cars that belong to various classes (SUVs, luxury, fuel-efficient, etc), type and size, to suit all budgets and space requirements. Some companies deal with specialized vehicles and are dedicated to one type of vehicle. So if you are looking for vintage cars, you have to find car rental companies who deal with vintage cars.
Since the options are overwhelming, make sure you know what you are hiring before signing the contract. Rental companies use various standards to indicate the size and type of cars they are providing. So a small car at one car rental might be referred to as a mid-sized car at another.
Classification of Rental Cars
Small Cars: To indicate a small rental car, the companies would use terms like compact, economy, sub-compact or small cars. These are generally suitable to accommodate four to five people and their luggage. Some of the small car models have four doors while others would have two doors. These have the cheapest rates and offer great fuel mileage. The facilities offered by small cars include:
• Air conditioning
• Dual airbags
• Power brakes
• Power mirror
• Front wheel drive
• Power locks
• Power windows
• Automatic transmission
• Safety rear door locks
• Am/FM Stereo
• Rear defroster
Some of the small car models are – Kia Rio, Ford Focus, Chevy Aveo and Hyundai Accent. So if you are planning a vacation with your family, with kids, these cars are ideal for you.
Mid-Size Cars: These are identified as standard, intermediate or midsize cars by various car rental companies. These cars are also ideal for five people, so that they can fit more comfortably. There is more luggage space, but the gas mileage is lesser than small cars. As the car gets bigger, the gas mileage goes down. So if you don't mind spending a little more on gas, this might be the perfect car for you.
Facilities provided by mid-sized cars include:
• Air conditioning
• Cruise control
• Remote keyless entry
• Dual airbag protection
• Front wheel drive
• Power mirror
• Power windows
• Anti-lock brakes
• Automatic transmission
• Power steering
• Anti-theft system
• AM/FM stereo and/or CD Player • Power driver seat
• Tilt steering wheel
• Rear defroster
In this category you'll find cars like Dodge Avenger, Nissan Altima Coupe, Ford Fusion, etc.
Full Size Cars: Full sized cars have the maximum passenger capacity and maximum storage space. These are four door sedans with lot of features. The facilities provided by the large or full sized cars include:
• Remote keyless entry
• Anti theft system
• Power locks
• Climate control
• Rear defroster
• Dual airbag protection
• Automatic transmission
• AM/FM stereo
• Power brakes
• Cruise control
• Automatic overdrive
• Cruise control
• Power windows
• Power mirrors
• Power steering
• Tilt steering wheel
• Safety rear door locks
• Powerful V8 engine
• Leather interior
• Cassette and CD player
• Map lights
• Traction control
In this class you'll find cars like Nissan Altima, Chevy Impala, Dodge Charger, Ford Edge, etc. These offer high-performance driving experience and luxury. If your group is large enough, you might have to hire a full size car. This is ideal for weddings and families of more than five people.
Premium or Luxury Cars: These categories of cars are for those who want to hit the road in style. Ideal for the bride or bridegroom to arrive at the wedding venue or suitable for corporate events, where you have to receive guests of honour. Space, passenger capacity and gas efficiency varies depending upon the model of car.
Facilities offered include:
• Power window
• Power mirror
• Automatic transmission
• Cassette and CD player
• Cruise control
• Power brakes
• Tilt steering wheels
• Front wheel drive
• Automatic override
• Dual bag protection and much more
This category of cars includes models like Lincoln Towncar, Ford Crown Victoria, BMW, Ford Mustang Coupe, Mini Cooper, etc.
SUVs, Vans and Pickups: These cars are ideal for those who would travel over rugged terrains and carry a lot of loads. This category of cars also offers large passenger space, but the gas efficiency is poor compared to any small car. Car rental companies have varieties of vans and pick-ups, so you can choose the one that suits your needs. You can also get regular and luxury SUVs.
Dodge Grand Caravan, GMC Yukon, Jeep Wrangler, Ford F-150, etc are models that can be found in this category of cars.
Electric and Hybrid Cars: Environmental friendly cars are becoming very popular since people have started caring about the environment deeply. The electric and hybrid cars offer great fuel mileage and have lower carbon footprint, which means less harm to the environment. Cars included in this category are Honda Compressed Natural Gas Car, Jetta TDI Clean Diesel, Nissan Leaf EV and Hybrid Sedan.
There is more you can get at discount car rentals. Exotic cars are available for those who want to make a big style statement. If you can be a little lenient with your budget, you can hire world class sports cars like the Porsche Boxster or a classier car like Lamborghini, Audi TT Convertible, Ferrari, etc. The choices are never ending. If you want to hire an exotic car, your rental agency might do a background check or want to see the proof of insurance to make sure their vehicle is in safe hands. Some agencies might also want some security deposit for safety purposes.
Tips to Save on Car Rentals
With the onset of summer, vacation season is on its peak. People would be busy making travel plans, researching for the best accommodation options and try to find deals that would save them quite some money. When it comes to car rentals, which is one essential aspect of your travel plan, be careful about the low-advertised-price scam that many people fall prey to.
Most of the discount car rentals advertise rates excluding the extras charges. If you are renting a car from an agency, you might have to pay local taxes, surcharges, for some local civic improvements, etc. Apart from these you'll have to pay for gas, baby seats, navigation system, toll transponder, etc, so the advertised rate goes up to the sky. Renting a car at the airport might suck up a lot of extra bucks. If you're under 25 you may have to face enough tougher situations. You either have to pay higher or won't be able to rent at all.
Car rental agencies also tend to hike the car rents during peak seasons. So if you are planning to go on a vacation this summer, you may find the car rental rates much higher than what they used to be. Preparing yourself ahead of time can save you from the dangers of paying a huge bill that you are not prepared for.
The following tips will help you prepare yourself well ahead of time and save a lot of money as well. • Research Online: When it comes to renting a car, it is best to shop online. There are a number of travel sites or dedicated car rental sites that have rates listed corresponding to each vehicle. List down the rates from various agencies for the vehicle you want to hire and compare. Many sites have the option of pre-paying for your booking. Pre-paying can get you great discount deals, but make sure you check the cancellation policies, in case you have to postpone or cancel your trip. You don't want to lose money in case there are changes in your plan, so this is very essential.
• Avoid Big Brands: Avoid the big brands as much as possible and stick to the local car agencies. In most cases you'll find the same cars with the local car rentals, as with the big brands but they are a lot cheaper. Cars from local agencies can cost 15 to 30% lesser than the reputed ones. Another advantage of local car rental agencies is that, you can find them on car rental websites, which offer great deals. In order to boost branding, the lesser known brands often give out discounts. If you get an economy class car for $50 from a reputed brand, you might be lucky to get a Mercedes C-class at $30 with a less reputed brand. So you know you get a lot more for the money you spend with less reputed car rentals.
• Search for Discount Coupons and Codes: Various travel portals and sites like CouponWinner.com offer discount coupons that you can redeem at the car rentals. You can search the Internet for the rental company name and discount coupons and see if you're lucky. If you're a frequent flier or member, you may get special discount coupons. Many rental companies will also allow you to combine discount coupons with coupon codes, so you save a lot. Special discounts are offered on special days, so you might get heavy discounts if you're hiring a car on Memorial Day. Make sure you check out all the options before you hire a car.
• Look for Weekend Rates: Some car rental companies would charge minimum on weekends. These may be as low as 50% of the weekly rates. So if possible plan your vacation so that you can hire the car on a weekend. Check out the packages offered by the discount car rentals. Weekly packages can be cheaper than renting a car for 5 days, where you have to pay the daily rent multiplied by 5. Crunch the numbers carefully, to make the most out of your car rental.
• Avoid Renting at the Airport: Avoid renting a car at the airport since it can add 30 percent to 50 percent extra on the total amount. If you rent from off-airport location, you can avoid the airport concession fees. Renting a car from the downtown may be a bit inconvenient but if you can reach the location via taxi, bus route or any public transport, you can save a lot of money on your entire trip. You save the airport concession fees and get a car at a cheaper rate, so you get the best deal.
• Frequent Flier Programs and Credit Card Benefits: Participating in frequent flier programs and using credit cards while you're on a vacation proves beneficial. You'll get extra insurance coverage, additional discounts and you can add miles to your credit card by renting a car. So you not only save on your present trip but collect enough miles to be redeemed on your next trip. Planning ahead can save you a lot of time and money. So make sure you plan ahead of time.
• Negotiate the Rates: Even if you know you got the best rates, it's never a bad idea to negotiate. If you don't ask, you don't get it, so talk to the representative and see if it does any good. It may so happen that the discount car rental has been having low business over the months and to retain the customer, it agrees to negotiate the rates. Many companies may also offer you less popular, bigger cars at the cost of compact or small cars – but that depends on the person's mood and the availability of the car. So try your luck, you might get lucky!
• Check the Insurance Coverage before Signing: While you hire cars from a discount car rentals, you may be asked to sign insurance like CDW (Collision Damage Waiver), Personal Effects Coverage, etc, but it is recommended to check your existing insurance whether you are already covered. Signing insurance can add $20 to $40 per day on your ride, so check before you go ahead. If you have no way out, you can choose the CDW but nothing more. If you have booked a car using your credit card, chances are they cover rental-car insurance, so make sure you check with your credit card company as well.
(Note: If you see minor damages, stains or dents on the car before you hire, take pictures so that you can show them if the owner ever claims it was because of you. This will save you from paying extra bucks, just in case.)
• Sneaky Fees: The car rentals are ready to rip you off if you give them a chance. A few precautions beforehand can save you from rip off. Make sure you top up the fuel tank before returning the vehicle, if you don't you may have to pay 2 to 3 times the actual price of fuel. If you're running behind time, call the car rental company to know whether the late fees would be cheaper or adding a few hours would be cheaper. Then decide accordingly. Before you drive the car check the additional fees charged for child seat, GPS systems and electronic toll collection systems. If possible carry these things with you, so that you can save on the additional charges.
• Choose a Car Wisely: If you really want to save on your car rental, choose a car as per your needs and avoid show-offs. If you're on a business trip, you'll need a car for transportation to the hotel, office, meeting and airport, so a compact car would be enough. If you're on a vacation with kids, an SUV or Van would be fine. Consider the purpose and utility of the car you would be hiring. Though if you are on honeymoon and want to sweep your lady off her feet, you may want to spend some extra bucks! Planning ahead can save you from a lot of bad situations, so educate yourself and keep away from sneaky situations. In the next section, we'll talk about the car rental traps and ways to avoid them and help you save even more.
Car Rental Rip-Offs - Traps to Avoid
Car rentals are not just for the higher class people or those on business trips. In today's world, car rentals are the best way to add mobility to your trip and the easiest way of transportation. With a lot of multinational car rentals and a number of local rental companies working throughout the city or state, it has become easier for people to access car rentals.
If you're on a vacation and have been travelling by air, it is evident that you'll feel tired and exhausted by the time you reach a car rental agency and will be in a hurry to reach your ultimate destination. This is the situation when the person sitting behind the counter will try to push in upgrades that you don't need at all. The agents at car rental counters get commissions based on how much they are able to sell, so it is obvious they'll get rewarded if they rip you off. Be careful!
The following tips will help you avoid the car rental traps and enjoy your vacation to the fullest.
Get the Basic Packages Only The car rentals agents will offer you upgrades that are not necessary for your trip but will add huge amounts on your final bill. So the mantra is to get the basic rental packages and if necessary get the specific add-ons that are important.
Check the rates with online agents and also on the personal websites. You may find special offers on the personal websites which take down the rates to bare minimum, even lower than those offered by the agents. Check whether the airlines, which took you to the destination, has collaborations with car rentals. These can offer better value than hiring with an agent.
Read the Fine Prints
It is utterly important for you to understand the terms and conditions of the rental. What if you fall short on any clause? Will you be charged extra for returning the car late? If yes, then how much? Will you be penalised to return the car early? Make sure you have the answers to all your questions before you drive away. Also ensure that all the things included within the price are clearly mentioned on the contract.
Check the Fuel Charges
Most discount car rentals want you to return the car with a full tank. If it's not so, you can be charged hugely for the missing amount of fuel. Many companies would ask for the fuel receipts, if you fail to produce them you might be charged extra. Many companies offer a 'tank full' policy, where you prepay for a full tank. Though returning a car with an empty tank is impossible, you save on the inflated rates that are charged if the tank is not full. Make sure you read the fine prints before signing the contract.
Carry Your Own Satnav Systems and Child Seats
Hiring satnav (satellite navigation) systems cost you a lot and is purely waste of money. Satnav systems available in the market cover entire UK and Europe, so this would be a cost-effective solution. Child seats are even more expensive. Many airlines allow you to carry child seats for free, so if it is so make sure you carry one for your child. Car rentals tend to charge hugely for child seats.
Check Hidden Costs
The fine prints hide most of the hidden and additional charges. In many countries you would be charged extra if you own a driver's license for less than 4years. Drivers between 21 to 24 years of age have to pay 'young' surcharge, to be able to rent a car. Having a second driver, adding gadgets to your car, etc can add extra charges to your bill. Take out time to read the contract carefully and ask questions whenever something sounds fishy.
Choose the Right Engine
You may rarely have the chance to choose a specific models or engines when hiring from a rental agency. If you are given a car that has a petrol engine instead of a diesel engine, you may find spending a lot on fuel. With diesel you can drive another 15 miles per gallon. Small cars tend to have petrol engine while bigger ones have diesel engines. So if you want to save on gas, hire a bigger car. You may have to pay extra for the car, but that's just a small amount compared to the cost of petrol.
The number of complaints regarding car hire is increasing every year so to make sure you are not ripped off by any car rental agency, be careful while choosing the car rental agency. In the next section we'll discuss tips that'll help you choose a good car rental company. Things to Consider While Choosing a Discount Car Rental
When it comes to car rental, almost all the car rental companies offer similar range of vehicles, only the classifications are different. The type of cars available with car rental companies have increased compared to the yesteryears, since SUVs, specialized cars, environment friendly cars, etc have been added to the fleet.
While a luxury car might sound exiting, the choice of car would depend on your need. If you want to impress your girlfriend, you might go for a luxury SUV, but if it is only for transportation from one point to another, a compact car might just be right for you. A convertible during monsoon is just a waste of money, since you wouldn't be able to enjoy the fresh air sweeping through your hair. You'll have to keep the hood closed most of the time. Be very careful when choosing the vehicle. So what do you look for while choosing a car rental company? When choosing a discount car rental, the first thing that strikes us, is the price offered by the company. But remember, cheap is always not the best option. The rates may be cheap because the services are not at all up to the mark.
Here are a few things to consider while choosing the right car rental company: • Good Customer Experience:
If the offerings are the same, so how does one car rental differ from another? While you are on a vacation, you don't want to get into an argument with anyone. All that you want is that your vacation goes on smoothly and all the experiences are pleasant. Good care rentals understand this and try to offer the best services to create better customer experiences. They'll be transparent in their policies and will go out of their way to help you. You'll also get proper assistance in case, you're in trouble.
• Terms & Conditions: Cheap rates mean a lot of hidden costs. So make sure you read the contract very well, especially the fine prints. A good policy would have all the details. If you have any confusion, don't be shy to ask questions. You're paying them so make sure you get the most out of your money. You should never miss out reading the cancellation policy. This is very essential since emergencies can happen anytime and it is best to be prepared.
• Referrals: Referrals are the best way to get hold of good car rental companies. Look for customer testimonials and ask your friends, family and colleagues who have visited the place before. Ask them about their experiences. You can also check the online sites for reviews.
• Reputation: You don't always have to hire from a multinational chain. Many local discount car rentals offer great services at great prices. The reputation of the car rental is an indication of the quality of services provided by them. Talk to local people and search online to find reputed car rentals. Most online travel or car rental websites offer star rating options, so more the number of stars, better would be the reputation.
• Good Customer Experience: Many car rental companies offer online booking facilities. Online booking enables customers to book cars at their convenience and at any hour of the day. Any company that upgrades itself with time should offer all the modern day facilities to provide great customer experiences.
• Good Customer Experience: A reputed and experienced car rental company that has been working for years would be able to provide you in-depth information about the state or country. Which routes should you take? What are the best places to visit? What are your accommodation options?
• Competitive Prices: this is most important. Although you don't want to go with the cheapest rates, you should find a company that offers competitive prices. Compare rates and the things included within the price, from different car rental companies. The best way to find good discount car rentals is to follow your gut feeling. If you get stuck at a point and don't know which way to go, listen to your inner voice and it will take you to the right direction. Hiring cars from a good company is very essential for a great vacation.
Vacations are time when you want to relax and be away from things that cause irritation and disturbances. So to make sure you have a pleasant experience, get hold of the best car rental company and drive away with a smile!
Vacation season is round the corner and it's time to put on the boots and get going. It's time to spend some 'we time' with your loved ones or have a blast with your kids. Like it is important to choose the right destination for an awesome experience, it is equally important to choose the right discount car rental. While you visit a place you can find a number of car rental companies both in the airport and off-site.
It is strongly recommended not to hire a car at the airport, since it adds up extra expenses on your bill. Instead, you can safely hire a car off site. But that being said, there are good ones and bad ones. To make your vacation smooth and memorable, you need to get hold of the right car rental company. Remember all companies would say they offer the best services at the best price, but that's just too good to be true. In most cases, people go with companies offering the lowest rates; be cautious as it can be a trap again. Cheap rates indicate a lot of hidden costs and finally you end up paying even more than the highest rates.
It is essential that you educate yourself about the details of car rental companies and the possible ways they can trap you. Being prepared can save you from bad situations. Research a lot and plan ahead. Just like you took out time to plan your vacation, places to visit, the accommodation, etc, take out some time for the most important aspect of your trip – discount car rentals.
Car rental companies would offer you with a lot of choices, but make sure you get the one that's just right for you! Don't ever get overwhelmed with the choices. So no matter whether you are on a casual tour, business trip or attending a wedding, make a style statement in the way you arrive!
Tuesday, 16 June 2015
Most young drivers (under the age of twenty one) and new drivers (who have recently passed their driving test) in the United Kingdom find is super complicated and almost impossible to hire a car. Most of the car hire companies in the United Kingdom have a standard age limit of 22 years or 23 years depending on the company policies and the type of vehicle the young or new driver wants to rent. Though it is indeed possible to rent a car but most young and new drivers have to spend a lot of time finding who will rent the car to them and they also eventually end up spending a lot more than normal drivers.
This blog we endeavor to give you information, helpful tips, and also guide you with anything and everything that you should know as a young or new driver looking to rent a car or hire a car if you are under the age of twenty one. We give you unbiased information as well as recommendations and helpful tips along with DO's and DONT's of hiring as a young or new driver.
The first thing that most people do while hiring or renting a vehicle is to go for the BIG BRANDS. While we appreciate that the biggies are better known and trusted because of the money they spend on advertising and marketing, they may not always be the best companies to hire a vehicle as a young or new driver. Most of these biggies would have set policies and standards and have no room for adjustments in their policies. Especially because any of the branches you visit would have a STAFF and not an OWNER who can understand your requirements and tailor-make a car hire for you. You get this luxury only with Independent Rentals like Yes Car Hire (www.yescarrentals.co.uk) for example who can accommodate you to ensure that you don't have to go running around with unnecessary documentation for a simple car hire.
Why Independent Rentals?
The chances and probabilities of a successful car hire or vehicle renting for drivers under the age of 21 or drivers who have recently acquired their driving license is much hire with Small to Medium, Independent Car Rental Companies. You stand a higher chance of renting a car or vehicle if you visit a small, independent care hire and car renting service provider. Like I wrote above, the smaller the company, the more flexible their policies and rules. This doesn't mean that they go lenient with the drivers, but only means that because in most cases you would always find the business owner available, the chances of him deciding to allow a hire or car renting is much higher than when visiting the big organisations.
Advanced Booking or On-The-Spot Booking? This is an interesting question and we had to carry out a mock survey to see the results. What we found out was Amazing!
Also, Instead of booking your car hire online or in advance, it is better to personally visit the car hire company you think may be able to rent you the vehicle. You may find that many a times independent rental companies end up offering you old cars because by allowing you to rent or hire an old car, they will eventually be a lot less concerned about any damage to the vehicle. In fact there are a few car hire companies in the United Kingdom that specialise only in Old Vehicle hire and allow under 21s and newly passed drivers to hire these older vehicles. In some countries, like Australia for example, there are quite a lot of companies doing this business of renting older vehicles to new and young drivers.
You may also find that a lot of times these older cars may be linked with limited mileage allowance and other terms and conditions in the car hire policy to be able to successfully allow you to rent these cars.
Young Driver Surcharge – WHAT and WHY?
A young driver surcharge is an additional cost you may have to pay for being under the age of 21 while renting the car or for having acquired a license quite recently.
The logic behind Young Driver Surcharge is very simple. Young and inexperienced driving means more risk. More risks mean more insurance costs. More insurance costs mean a higher renting cost for you. For the simple reason that rental companies look at young and new drivers as a higher risk than normal experienced drivers, they may add an additional cost to your bill (called the young driver surcharge) on top of the basic rental charges.
Mostly if you book your cars online, there may not be any mention of the surcharge because of the simple reason that most websites are not equipped to handle that. But thanks to the team at Yes Car Rentals, which foresighted this as a problem and allow you to calculate the prices online by calculating your age and also the time when you passed the license.
What you pay in surcharge varies from one Car Hire Company to another, but on an average, you should expect to pay anything between £20 to £40 as Young Drivers Surcharge.
Younger Drivers means a lot tighter rules and strict policies.
Almost all of the companies that allow young driver renting have much tighter hiring rules and a lot stricter policies as compared to a normal standard driver over their standard age limit for car hire. Some of the things you should consider before hiring a car or renting a vehicle are:
Do you have endorsements on your Driving License?
If you have any endorsements, penalties or stamps against your Driving License, you may, along with paying a young drivers surcharge, end up paying an additional fee for these endorsements.
Are you using your own credit or debit card? In most of the cases, young drivers use someone else's credit or debit card to secure the deposit and pay for the car hire fees. I that is the case with you, you are better off taking that person along with you when picking up the car, simply to avoid any denial. In most cases, the car hire company will require the card holder or the person who is paying for the rental to be present at the time of picking the vehicle from the car hire location.
Insurance Excess In most cases your insurance access to cover you during the period of the hire will be higher than standard drivers who are over the age limit and also experienced.
Who shall you hire from?
There are a few companies out there. Yes Car Rentals (www.yescarrentals.co.uk) for example, is one of the most recommended car hire and vehicle renting providers in the United Kingdom that rents cars and vans to young and new drivers aged seventeen years and above
Yes Car Rentals Service for Young and New Drivers has been around since 2009 and currently operate from their London Office. Their full address is Location Yes Car Rentals, Vanguard Business Centre, UB6 8AA, United Kingdom and they can be contacted during office hours on 02085757777. They are a highly recommended company and are a popular name amongst young drivers and newly passed drivers, especially university students, graduates and other international drivers. With a good customer fan following and an easy to use website, Yes Car Rentals offers car hire and van hire services to new and young drivers for the best prices in London.
If you are a young or new driver under 21 you will have to pay a young driver surcharge which generally depends on the kind of vehicle you want to hire. Even if it looks like the rental expense has increased because of the surcharge (which generally makes the hiring look expensive), Yes car Rentals are still a lot cheaper than many other Young Car Hire Companies. They are much very upfront about their Charges and make sure that you do not end up being surprised with hidden charges of other expenses not agreed upon when you go to collect the vehicle. Their prices generally include the following but you should check with them before booking as this depends on a lot of factors like your age, date and time of booking, type of vehicle you want to book and so on.
· Young driver surcharge.
· Vehicle registration fee.
· Local tax.
· Damage cover (not including excess).
· Unlimited mileage.
· Theft protection.
Helpful Tips if you are thinking of hiring a car or van as a young driver.
· Remember, there are a lot more chances of you being allowed to hire a car or a van if you rent a car as a walk-in customer rather than an online customer. This is simply because if you book your car or van hire online, you are not actually interacting with anyone, whereas in a walk-in scenario you can explain your situation and if all goes well, you may be allowed to hire the car, which the online system of most websites would not allow you do when booking online.
· If you are thinking of hiring a car, try hiring it from a tourist location or the main holiday location. The reason is simple, there are far more companies located around and competing with each other. This means you would have a lot of companies that may be more willing for business than the others which are strict towards young and new drivers.
· As mentioned above, the smaller a rental company the more likely the chances of you being allowed to rent their vehicles. Compared to the big ones. Independent car hire businesses are usually a lot more flexible in their policies, prices and rules and regulations against young drivers.
· There are also some web portals that compare the various car hire prices and availability. You can try these websites to see approximately how much you would be paying so you have an idea of your costs and then you can add up the surcharges to calculate your cost of hiring as a young driver.
· You may want to call it a compromise, but Young Drivers and New Drivers are often only able to rent or hire old vehicles, small vehicles and amongst the cheapest cars that are available. Reason is simple, the more expensive a car, the more latest a model, the higher the insurance costs and risk associated with it. Just ask yourself, would you give your Newly Purchased Laptop to a toddler to mess around with? NO is the answer.
· Make it a habit to read the terms and conditions carefully especially the small print before you agree to any charges, surcharges, costs and expenses associated with your car hire. There are several companies out there that would take advantage of your ignorance and may want to charge you a higher rate.
· There are times when you may end up paying a 3rd Party Insurance cost. You should ideally check with the car rental company what the insurance provided covers you for. If you are already driving a car and are insured for 3rd party cover, and are allowed to drive rented cars and vehicles, you may be able to reduce your cost of renting by letting the rental company know that you are already covered for 3rd Party Covers.
· Almost all car hire and van hire companies will ask you to pay a deposit. This is normally taken on a debit or credit card, but some rare cases, you may even be asked for cash. This is highly unlikely, but to be on the safer side, it is wise to carry some case, or have a cash machine on your mind close to the renal location.
· Also remember to have the card in your name and if not, have the person with you when you go to pick up the vehicle. Simply because everyone wants to avoid frauds, companies may wish to take authorisation from the card holder.
· In a few cases, we have seen that some car and van hire companies allow another person to be added as an additional driver on the vehicle. This means that if they cannot directly give you the car, they may allow a parent, friend or colleague to hire or rent the car and then add your name as an additional driver who is an under-age driver. This may at times involve an extra cost.
On Yes Car Rentals website, you can instantly see all the vehicles (including cars and vans) available along with the cost of renting that vehicle. When looking for a quote online, and searching for a vehicle you will be asked to enter your age, date on which you passed the driving test and also your date of birth. You would then be displayed with all the available options online and you can choose from whichever vehicle you wish to hire.
Being a new driver vs being a young driver
Good News: You just passed your driving test! Bad News: You still won't be able to easily hire a car in the United Kingdom.. Young Drivers:
Good News: There are companies like Yes Car Rentals that will let you hire a car with ease! Bad News: You still will have to pay additional surcharges and extras for the hire for being an under 21 driver.
Unfortunately, you cannot blame the car hire companies for being reluctant to rent cars to younger and less experienced drivers. If you have a car of your own and have only just passed your test, you surely know that the insurance costs are punitive, and car hire companies are subject to these costs too. The reason for surcharges is usually to cover the additional cost of insuring younger drivers.
Hiring a car if you are under 25 or and over 21. Spending hours ringing around different car hire companies can be tedious, especially if they have strict age policies of 25 and over.
When you book a Car Rental/Hire online these prices include your rate of insurance, your young/new driver surcharge therefore when you collect the vehicle there are NO hidden insurance charges NO hidden rental extras.
Depending on how old you are companies like Yes Car Rentals can arrange car hire for you, if you would like to find out more information on which Vehicle you would be eligible for please contact Yes Car rentals reservation department and they would be able to go through the different cars we have available. They have a huge array of cars for Vauxhall Insignia, Ford Focus, Audi A1, BMW one Series 120D ,118i, Smart Car, Ford Fiesta, Vauxhall Corsa, Audi A4, BMW 320D and many more. Their mission is to make the hire of Cars and Vans simple and accessible to everyone.
They also offer an impressive range of products to make your Car hire journey even more pleasurable.
These include: · In-car stereo systems
· Portable Sat Nav systems
· High visibility clothing
· Children Car Seats
Some Commonly Asked Questions About Hiring as a Young or New Driver
I am 23 as of today would I be able to hire a car?
Yes, so long as you meet the driving standard requirements and have a valid UK licence, you should be able to hire a car.
I have an international driving license, would I be able to hire a car?
The answer to this is yes however you need to have a FULL UK licence for a year prior to hiring
I am 21 as of today would I be able to hire a car?
Yes, you can hire from companies like Yes Car Rentals as a young driver.
Can I Hire A Car With No Young Driver Surcharge and No Additional Fees?
Yes, The surcharges depend on your age and driving experience. If you qualify as a normal hirer, you should be able to hire a car or a van or any other vehicle for that matter without the young driver surcharge or any additional fee.
As A Young Driver How Long Do You Need To Of Held Your Licence Before Hiring?
It really varies on how flexible the car rental company is, but you would mostly need to hold your Full UK Driving licence for at least a year to be able to hire a car from most car rental companies in the United Kingdom.
Just Passed My Test Can I Hire A Car?
With most companies you will need to wait until you have been driving 12 months. However, thanks to Yes Car Rentals, you would be able to hire a car or van as a new driver. There may be some additional charges, but hiring is possible.
I Have Points on my license and I am A Young Driver. Would I be able to Hire?
This varies case to case. A lot of it depends on your age, number of points you have, any endorsements against driving, and what these points or endorsements are for? The sad news is in most cases, you would be rejected by the popular car hire companies or be asked for hefty deposits and surcharges. But you can try some independent car rental companies like Yes Car Rentals and depending on your case and eligibility, you may just be able to hire a car with them.
Does It Cost More To Rent A Car If You're Under 25?
Yes. Normally the cost of hiring a car or a van or any other vehicle for that matter would be higher than those who are over the age of 25. Most companies would have a young driver surcharge and hence the cost of hiring as an under 25 will in most cases be higher. Is There Any Discounts For Under 25 Young Drivers?
Never heard of, but worth asking if you are going to pick up your vehicle as a walk-in customer. You never know, you may end up with a seasonal offer or a discount. There is no harm in asking! Go for it!
Any van hire companies that rent vans to 21 year olds in London
You may try Yes Car Rentals. From all we know, they are the most flexible car and van hire companies in London for young and new drivers. Summary:
It's not that difficult as it appears if you have done your homework and go with a reliable (and most probably independent) car hire company. It may cost you a bit more than normal drivers, but again, you pay for the luxury of being able to hire at an age, that is normally considered high risk driving age.